I have idea for north stand

B4ev6is

With north stand mostly empty now I think maybe is the time to start another stand for singing section another top end were people can stand up during game. Even if market at £15 a game in that stand so if miss out on south stand there will be another standing section. Even if just upper section and leave lower section for kids so they can still sit down if they want too.

What I mean If we can have two stand joining in with each other or start different songs of.

Like at bbg pop side or kop side I think it was called.

Maybe something similar can be done at pp. And people can start family friendly songs while south stand can still do naughty songs.

So for me this will encourage kids to join in rather than have sit in silent to scared to join in case get told off by mum or dad.

It’s a non starter. It would dilute the atmosphere if the singers were split. The reason the north stand is empty is because only around 20 K want to show up atm in total, south stand isn’t full so if anyone wants to stand and sing they could still go in there. There is zero demand for another 4000 singers/ standers at PP at the moment. A better idea is to offer it as a kids for a quid stand or even  a tenner for accompanying adults and a kid . With the extra pop/ crisps it would pay for itself. Better having a family of 4 paying 20 notes than an empty stand

Fact is, the last thing we need right now is any form of organised standing areas.

They are against the rules, and if the club sanctioned it, or even so much as turned a blind eye to it, I fear The EFL will come down on us like a ton of bricks!

In fact, The Southstanders should sit down and be noisy.  And we shouldn't allow away fans to stand either, as that could also land us in hot water.

In fact, we shouldn't even be allowed to stand as we finish our burgers outside before entering the stadium.

In fact, we should all be made to crawl to the stadium, just in case.

In fact, we should make our new club anthem "We'll sit, and you know we will"!

Fact is, we could even win awards for the best behaved fans in the top two divisions.  Might regain a little trust, and a handful of friends!

I don't think I've ever posted so many facts in one post before.  Where do I stand in the most facts posted within a single thread league table, I wonder?

Now... What was the question, again?

Its actually illegal to stand at an all seater stadium. Sooner or later somebody is going to get seriously injured. The north stand is a family stand, a lot of elderly and young families. 

What a great idea if you want to drive people away from the stadium, me included.

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

5 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Its actually illegal to stand at an all seater stadium. Sooner or later somebody is going to get seriously injured. The north stand is a family stand, a lot of elderly and young families. 

What a great idea if you want to drive people away from the stadium, me included.

All I suggest was upper bit and rest of lower seating that all and pp was given permission for south stand to standing. But away games everyone stands up so that never ever ever going to change.

On 20/10/2021 at 17:07, Crewton said:

Wasn't this tried by one group a few seasons ago? Set themselves up in the top left block? Petered out fairly quickly I think, but perhaps worth another go.

Aye, I was in there for a few games. Only about 30-40 of us by memory,  but we managed to get heard by Clough who gave us a wave. 

Loads on here denied they could hear us or Clough waved. It all got a bit silly. 

Tbf, we all got our move to the South Stand from the South East Corner soon after, so it was redundant really. 

There really wouldn't be enough to ever make it work. 

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I just throught two stands could bounce off each other and if the kids have had sugar the could bounce some of hyper off them.

As someone said earlier, it’s was tried and failed.  Do you think the atmosphere is bad then?  I think it’s the best it’s been for a while, and that’s with reduced attendance.

Split the south stand in half and put half in the north will only make the atmosphere half as good.  Each end would barely hear the other, plus each end would now be on half volume.

Get the chips back! That’s a campaign worth fighting! ?

On 20/10/2021 at 17:34, Simmo’s left foot said:

Just out of interest how do you get seriously injured from standing up?

Don't disagree with you by the way, if fans want to sit down to watch the match they should be able to as they have paid for a seat.

On 20/10/2021 at 23:57, Ram1988 said:

How about offering family tickets in the north stand where the childrens tickets are free? Something to increase the attendance and help generate extra revenue.

I think the administrators have discussed this and said that they dont believe giving away free tickets will lead to an increase in revenue. 

On 20/10/2021 at 17:34, Simmo’s left foot said:

I'll do a little bum shuffle to get from the concourse to my seat next time then