I have idea for north stand

B4ev6is

I have a season ticket in the North stand, along with my lad and dad who is 75.  My dad who was a decent player himself isn’t that interested in singing or bouncing, he watches his boyhood club because he loves to watch them play, of course he still jumps to his feet (albeit a little slower than he used to) when we score.  There are a lot of young kids, families and older folk where we sit.  I will sing a bit, and love it when the place is rocking.  I love the noise that comes from the south stand, but I wouldn’t want to stand/sit there TBH.  We all support our club, we just do it in our own way.

I went into the Manchester FA cup away game with my lad a few years ago.  TBH the raucousness of it excited but also scared him.  I think that had he not been to matches before then it may well have put him off had it been his first time at a game.

what I am trying to say is each to their own.

As a side note, I take a flask of coffee for me and the old man.  Nothing to do with being tight, but the service is so shockingly slow and poor that to get a drink I would either have to miss the end of the first half, or the start of the second.

if the club sorted that out then they might get more revenue, it is a wasted opportunity to make money IMHO.

Good luck to the lads this afternoon.

Andrew

On 22/10/2021 at 00:14, B4ev6is said:

Well I just throught two stands could bounce off each other and if the kids have had sugar the could bounce some of hyper off them.

Give the kids free Sherbert dips on the way in.

job done

On 20/10/2021 at 15:57, B4ev6is said:

With north stand mostly empty now I think maybe is the time to start another stand for singing section another top end were people can stand up during game. Even if market at £15 a game in that stand so if miss out on south stand there will be another standing section. Even if just upper section and leave lower section for kids so they can still sit down if they want too.

They tried a North Stand Singing section about 10 years ago, it didn't work.......

Edited by RAM1966

38 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

They tried a North Stand Singing section about 10 years ago, it didn't work.......

Some would argue it was quite effective actually. There were times when we outsung the old SE Corner. It was something different and quite enjoyed my time up there, perhaps it was because everyone was like minded. Good fun all the same and as @Normanmentioned, Cloughie made a fair few comments about it and was very appreciative of it. He was also one of the main reason we managed to get the South Stand in the end.

The idea was never to stay there but was the only place with a clear canvas to get together.