Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

TBH I just don't care anymore. 

If it takes dropping down to Div One to start again with a clean slate and have nothing else hanging over us then so be it.  

Onwards and Upwards.

COYR

I fear a long, long road back unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

No point in accepting 3 points suspended, might as well take the lot now, also get any other skeletons out. Prepare for next year and forget about this one. 

The 3 suspended is just the existing suspended 3 points that applies if we fail to pay players any time before [.  ]  I think 

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

To all those moaning and crying about us going down to League 1, just remember, some of us have suffered a hell of a lot worse.  Why, at one time, we even went as low as Division 3, so thank your lucky stars, and get over yersens!  

?

Division 3. As in the third tier. As in league 1?

12 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

My initial reaction was “cheers Mel” and I have no doubt he is going to continue to face a barrage of abuse as this season meanders towards its depressing and inevitable conclusion.

I think Mel got blinded by his desire as a fan to be the one to get us over the line. He was like a hopeless gambler chasing his losses, he just couldn’t see the damage he was doing to everyone around him.

So minus 21 points and league 1 is his legacy. That won’t change, but I genuinely believe it became an obsession that blurred any rational decision making.

What’s done is done, a load if vitriol towards the previous owner isn’t going to change anything. At least prospective new owners now know exactly what they are buying in to.

Fans have been asking for a complete re-set for years now and here we are.

As long as there is a club to support we will turn up in our numbers in league 1. 

Time to look forward.

Looking at it positively 
If we’d have gone down last season we’d be staring down the barrel at L2

Norwich, Leeds, Leicester and  Sheffield United have all been down to L1 and are in or have been up to the EPL

Hopefully we will end up in a scenario where the results of our last two games could really impact a club we don’t like and we will start Forsyth in both games (I like Fozzy really).

Shinnie will be the League 1 Pirlo. 

The Easdale’s will have a clear run at the takeover following a Chris Kirchner tweet declaring his love for Wigan Athletic and following it up with another tweet about how much he hates Widnes.

So after all these weeks & months in talks with the EFL we end up with the 9 point deduction anyway. What an absolute waste of time. Also shows that there is no point talking with the EFL as they wont change from what they want.

So what does this mean about the integrity of the league this year, we have played 17 games where for the most part showed some fight and gave opposition a good game, whereas now we may as well blood the youngsters ready for next season or go all out attack. Complete different mentality for these remaining games than the first set.