Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

There's a very illuminating quote on the Wikipedia entry that covers Middlesbrough's flirtation with liquidation in 1986 :

Short memory Steve?

For reference, Middlesbrough's crisis peaked in the close season of 1986 and the PDV's of their overall debts and tax debt were £6.2M and £350K respectively. They of course didn't suffer any points deductions or transfer embargos at any stage of their financial difficulties, nor were any other clubs suing them and blocking their takeover bids.

This is as much drive by a burning resentment of how Boro were treated by the EFL as it is his war with Mel Morris. He needs a friend to tell him it's time to let it go.

But he has no friends

13 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I thought the EFL stated that clubs could not be in administration and compete for 2 successive seasons? i.e., the absolute end point needs to be before next season?

A team cannot start 2 seasons in a row in Admin, we didnt start this season in admin

Posted this on the Admin thread but probably more appropriate here -

" That's it then. we literally have it now in black & white ( no pun intended)

Gibson ensures DCFC is liquidated and Morris then has to pay the £20m+ under his guarantee.

Game set and match to Gibson - just no DCFC.

VENDETTA !!! "

Steve Gibson’s letter - “relatively simple job of getting Derby out of administration” - not simple because of your ridiculous claims and inaction by the EFL which has Boro représentation on it. If he had any integrity he would drop these claims immediately. The man has no honour and is a prime example of greed prevailing in football. Gibson and Morris have a lot to answer for. 

I would imagine if Derby are liquidated couldn't morris just default on the loan and give up the stadium that the loan is guaranteed on? MSC would be left with a white elephant just outside of Derby that would be worthless. Would they potentially sue the ELF based on them not following UK law which costs them millions? 

Gibson basically wants us to be liquidated so Mel has paid £70m for an empty stadium and he has to settle the £30m debt with MSD. He as good as admitted that in his letter, the fact Derby County and 50,000 supporters have been caught in the crossfire of this vendetta is irrelevant to such a small man like him. Karma will get him eventually and Derby will be back even if we have to start from the bottom 

1 hour ago, gfs1ram said:

An open letter from Steve Gibson 

Oh yeh written in the third party !! ??

In third party, it is clearly written on behalf of Boro, EFL and WWFC(Couhig) , but signed from him. It’s appallingly written , in one sentence it references Steve and then Mr Gibson and is ultimately signed Stephen ? It is a terribly written “open letter” almost comedic. They are panicking. 

4 hours ago, Taribo said:

I'm so angry at that pathetic letter. None of those questions have anything to do with Gibson. 

Me too. The absolute cheek of the man! 
I’ve got to a grand old age without hating anyone, I’ve always been able to have a word with myself, but the hate I have for Gibson is making me so frustrated, I have no outlet for it 

10 minutes ago, dantheram said:

What can we do,

within the law, that would piss the little Bamford off?

Continue to expose him for what he is. That first point in the “open letter”, is an admission that he has no problem with us being liquidated just so that Mel then has to pay off MSD personally. No one wants tw*ts like that in football.

Edited by angieram