Two season transfer ban.

Bubbles

11 hours ago, Oldben said:

Why would anyone want to buy the club if the clubs banned from spending on players, Mel will not support the club for that long so administration?

The more this is going the more i think it is one of 2 options. There are 2 valuable assets, The stadium and the training ground. One of which we know is not owned by the club. The club itself is ridled with debt, losing more money every day, shrinking fan base, on field issues/embargo etc. So worth about £1 + large debts to a potential buyer, thats option 1 and option 2 is administration. Really hope i am wrong and there are other ways, but as long as the club is managed the way it is I am struggling to see it going differently

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

The more this is going the more i think it is one of 2 options. There are 2 valuable assets, The stadium and the training ground. One of which we know is not owned by the club. The club itself is ridled with debt, losing more money every day, shrinking fan base, on field issues/embargo etc. So worth about £1 + large debts to a potential buyer, thats option 1 and option 2 is administration. Really hope i am wrong and there are other ways, but as long as the club is managed the way it is I am struggling to see it going differently

Neither is owned by the club.

On 05/09/2021 at 08:02, r4derby said:

This feels a bit like the headlines when the first court case was happening, suggesting we would be docked 21 points etc. It’s an extreme headline, highlighting the maximum sentence.

As Radioactive says, I reckon this gets sorted before the end of the month. However, and this is the worrying part - I don’t trust this management to come through with action on time. Looking at the past 2 years, there have been so many instances of failure to act by ownership, there is a growing doubt that we will get things done on time. Feels like we’re on a precipice and moving closer to the edge!

Havent we already served 18 months of that sentence ? 

33 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The golden share, aka membership of the EFL.

Whoever owns that, owns a professional football franchise. Worryingly, that doesn't have to have any connection with Derby.

That was my thinking, somebody could buy the name DCFC for £1 then rename the club Derby Derwent Rams

6 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I thought it was reported that the Alonso deal was: Take on the club's debt, a payment of 2.5mil to Mel upfront then another 2.5mill in 6 months. EFL wanted him to pay 20mill of the debt off upfront but he wouldn't tell them where the money to pay it was from and kept stalling on actually paying it.

If that was true I wonder what the deal is now

27 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

I thought it was reported that the Alonso deal was: Take on the club's debt, a payment of 2.5mil to Mel upfront then another 2.5mill in 6 months. EFL wanted him to pay 20mill of the debt off upfront but he wouldn't tell them where the money to pay it was from and kept stalling on actually paying it.

If that was true I wonder what the deal is now

What deal?

Is there one?