Two season transfer ban.

Bubbles

This feels a bit like the headlines when the first court case was happening, suggesting we would be docked 21 points etc. It’s an extreme headline, highlighting the maximum sentence.

As Radioactive says, I reckon this gets sorted before the end of the month. However, and this is the worrying part - I don’t trust this management to come through with action on time. Looking at the past 2 years, there have been so many instances of failure to act by ownership, there is a growing doubt that we will get things done on time. Feels like we’re on a precipice and moving closer to the edge!

So based on or history in the last 5 or six seasons this would be doing us a huge favour 

Anya, Blackman, Johnson, Butterfield, Camara, Belick, Jozwiak ( the Poles which we clearly couldn’t afford at the time)

I fully expect we will have paid other football clubs what we owe them by the end of the month which is three weeks away.

Why would we have any faith whatsoever that our transfer debts will be paid when;

A)We have failed to pay them in the first place 

B) Our current inability to pay for everything else we are charged with.

There are reasons why we haven't paid the debt,what's changed?

Have we suddenly had a massive cash injection that's going to make it all go away and pay our bills?

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why would we have any faith whatsoever that our transfer debts will be paid when;

A)We have failed to pay them in the first place 

B) Our current inability to pay for everything else we are charged with.

There are reasons why we haven't paid the debt,what's changed?

Have we suddenly had a massive cash injection that's going to make it all go away and pay our bills?

Because a two year transfer ban would make the club unsellable and we have an owner who is apparently desperate to sell?

Would question the use of 'inability' too. Unwilling maybe, but Mel's still worth significantly north of half a billion so there's that...

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Because a two year transfer ban would make the club unsellable and we have an owner who is apparently desperate to sell?

Would question the use of 'inability' too. Unwilling maybe, but Mel's still worth significantly north of half a billion so there's that...

So why do it in the first place????

8 hours ago, Bubbles said:

If we don’t pay transfer instalments by the end of the month...

If that’s standard procedure for clubs who fail to do so, then idk how we can dispute that but probably EFL wanting to mess us about again

Clickbait, if we hadn't got Englands and Man United's top scorer managing us it wouldn't get a mention.

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You'd have to ask those in control mate, but I'd wager good money that any number of clubs are in the same boat. Make of that what you will ?‍♀️

I'm sure they are but,if the report is true,it doesn't change why we would suddenly be able/willing pay a debt when we have just defaulted on it.

Something would need to change for it to happen.

I'm just not sure why we have faith in that occurring.

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Already given an opinion on this buddy. If you believe A) the article or B) that we'll default and incur a 2 year ban as a consequence, that's you prerogative, but as per 99% of this type of 'journalistic' output, I'm calling bullshite.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm sure they are but,if the report is true,it doesn't change why we would suddenly be able/willing pay a debt when we have just defaulted on it.

Something would need to change for it to happen.

Well it's reported we're owed money too. So when that comes in, we can likely pay what we owe