Two season transfer ban.

Bubbles

2 hours ago, jono said:

I prefer to take a more pragmatic view .. clubs may well have negotiated a different payment schedule in agreement with the sellers because of Covid. This might be ok from the POV of the parties involved but not when the EFL start using a microscope on your accounts.

That's complete conjecture though jono.

Based on something that we don't know is actually true....

We seem to be doing a lot of this on the forum.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

So that's 3 points from our suspended sentence from waaay back in, Er, July 2021. We kept that going well. 

51 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That's another,separate issue b4 ?

B4 was responding to Gboro. He was just pointing out that the suspended 3 points is related to players wages and not transfer fees.

Interesting, so some fans are worried about a potential two year ban on transfers, which if it happened means Derby very likely to be relegated and perhaps put into administration.

Hm ... so did any one ask Mel if he wants to be in a position like that, where he'd have the potential to find a buyer for Derby and that would mean he would have to right off the 50 million he's rumoured to want for selling the club.

If the club goes into administration enforced by efl, wouldn't that mean he would get very little return from selling the club.

17 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Interesting, so some fans are worried about a potential two year ban on transfers, which if it happened means Derby very likely to be relegated and perhaps put into administration.

Hm ... so did any one ask Mel if he wants to be in a position like that, where he'd have the potential to find a buyer for Derby and that would mean he would have to right off the 50 million he's rumoured to want for selling the club.

If the club goes into administration enforced by efl, wouldn't that mean he would get very little return from selling the club.

What are the conditions of said transfer ban? Is it any player at all we wouldn't be able to sign or just those we'd have to pay transfer fees for?

If its just ones we have to buy then it doesn't matter as i wouldn't expect us to be spending any money on transfers in either case. 

If we're not paying what we owe to other clubs we can't really complain if the EFL punish us accordingly. If it pushes us into administration that is Mels fault - not the EFL's

38 minutes ago, GenBr said:

What are the conditions of said transfer ban? Is it any player at all we wouldn't be able to sign or just those we'd have to pay transfer fees for?

If its just ones we have to buy then it doesn't matter as i wouldn't expect us to be spending any money on transfers in either case. 

If we're not paying what we owe to other clubs we can't really complain if the EFL punish us accordingly. If it pushes us into administration that is Mels fault - not the EFL's

Why would anyone want to buy the club if the clubs banned from spending on players, Mel will not support the club for that long so administration?

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Why would anyone want to buy the club if the clubs banned from spending on players, Mel will not support the club for that long so administration?

I agree that a 2 year transfer ban would not make the club easy to sell. I don't if the situation has changed now, but a lot of media outlets were reporting Mel couldn't even guarantee funding for this season - nevermind two . 

Whatever the outcome is i don't think it will end well for us if we do get the ban.

I have no idea whether a two year ban has any truth to it, I have no idea whether the clubs owing us money has any truth to it either.

But I am fed up of the games being played, Im fed up of the silence that fans get which breeds contempt, Im also fed up of the position our local press outlets constantly find themselves in. As a fan, I can accept honesty and transparency even if it’s not great news, but I can’t accept what’s happened off the pitch these last two years as the can has been kicked down the road and the lack of info as to why. The latest headline is another eye roll in a long list of eye roll moments that I’m afraid make more and more people tune out. Thing is I like the team, they aren’t good enough but atleast they work hard and give 100% and I can’t ask for anymore, but this behind them doesn’t help with the relationship with fans to the club and therefore that set of players.

Time to talk to the local press and provide some honest answers, don’t forget times ticking on a season ticket deadline this week. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I think what efl is breaking the law in my eyes and could come into bullying Derby bring game into desprute and if I was mel I look into this and see if can get embargo lifted that way.

How are the efl bullying Derby. At the end of the day we have broke the rules and so they haven’t got much choice if it’s in the rule book. The person to blame for this mess is Morris and Pearce. All singing and dancing when it was going well and now it’s the other way round don’t want to know. Out of everyone it’s the fans who are suffering from amateurish ownership from the top. I can’t wait for the efl case to be gone and hopefully hopefully he sells us and we can be owned by someone sensible. I for one will not be expecting big money signing and looking towards hopefully purchasing young hungry players who we can sell on. One thing for sure I’ve enjoyed the style of football so far this season in parts 

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

6 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

If it was so easy to find out that nobody is in default yet, you have to wonder why ‘reluctant Nicko didn’t discover this before his first clickbait, erm I mean, tweet? 

He just loves to set off all the other teams fans and their ‘throw the book at them’ replies 

I read the part where Nixon says "nobody is officially in default YET" as nobody officially being late with payments owing to us.

2 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

How are the efl bullying Derby. At the end of the day we have broke the rules and so they haven’t got much choice if it’s in the rule book. The person to blame for this mess is Morris and Pearce. All singing and dancing when it was going well and now it’s the other way round don’t want to know. Out of everyone it’s the fans who are suffering from amateurish ownership from the top. I can’t wait for the efl case to be gone and hopefully hopefully he sells us and we can be owned by someone sensible. I for one will not be expecting big money signing and looking towards hopefully purchasing young hungry players who we can sell on. One thing for sure I’ve enjoyed the style of football so far this season in parts 

Well for they have not gone after people like they have to us.