David Marshall - joined QPR

Big Trav

9 minutes ago, California Ram. said:

Surely if he doesn’t find a club today then we’re heading towards a ‘release’/pay off so that at least we can sign another out of contract player (and/or convert Baldock or Jagielka to a season long deal rather than just Jan)

I think if we was to do that we would do it in January. I'd like to keep Jagielka and Baldock for the rest of the season.

It’s very odd the whole Marshall business. He’s a better keeper than Allsop, considerably better in fact. With the amount of wages that have left the club, it can’t be a case of getting Marshall’s wages off. Allsop is an odd signing. Much prefer Marshall as a no.2. Especially given our lack of squad depth.  

37 minutes ago, enachops said:

It’s very odd the whole Marshall business. He’s a better keeper than Allsop, considerably better in fact. With the amount of wages that have left the club, it can’t be a case of getting Marshall’s wages off. Allsop is an odd signing. Much prefer Marshall as a no.2. Especially given our lack of squad depth.  

Ive mentioned before but I believe we owe Wigan money if Marshall plays again for us so dont think it is down to his ability.

I don’t think it’s down to add-ons for Wigan as I don’t think a club in administration would be in a position to negotiate that sort of a structure.

I think it’s more down to a personality clash or not being the right sort of character for Rooney. He was first choice before he was “ill” while players weren’t paid in January, then miraculously got better when the payments went through. Could be a coincidence…

Then he dropped a clanger against Forest and said he was too injured to continue and got subbed off. I think it’s been said that Rooney didn’t like subbing him off as it wasted an outfield sub he needed to make, and I’m sure he wouldn’t have said that if Marshall was too injured to actually continue.

Since then Roos has pretty much held down the starting spot. I just don’t think Marshall wants to fight for his spot here and Rooney is willing to let players that don’t care about the shirt leave.

14 minutes ago, roboto said:

I don’t think it’s down to add-ons for Wigan as I don’t think a club in administration would be in a position to negotiate that sort of a structure.

I think it’s more down to a personality clash or not being the right sort of character for Rooney. He was first choice before he was “ill” while players weren’t paid in January, then miraculously got better when the payments went through. Could be a coincidence…

Then he dropped a clanger against Forest and said he was too injured to continue and got subbed off. I think it’s been said that Rooney didn’t like subbing him off as it wasted an outfield sub he needed to make, and I’m sure he wouldn’t have said that if Marshall was too injured to actually continue.

Since then Roos has pretty much held down the starting spot. I just don’t think Marshall wants to fight for his spot here and Rooney is willing to let players that don’t care about the shirt leave.

Well the same wigan negotiated 20% sell on for lowe who is going to Bournemouth for £1.5 million at the same time 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Well the same wigan negotiated 20% sell on for lowe who is going to Bournemouth for £1.5 million at the same time 

But that’s not an appearance fee. It’s a sell on clause. None of us are 100% sure on the ins and outs of the contract, but Marshall has made 33 appearances for us (according to Wikipedia). What sort of number do we think the supposed appearance fee kicks in at? 34? 35? 40? All a bit odd as a number to slap into a contract and his 50th appearance is far enough away to have him on the bench if needed.

The one I saw was Marshall has a basic contract, not exceptional wages, however he has a large clean sheet bonus that hinders our ability to pick him.

Now you can insert your own jokes here about him never getting that bonus as we dont keep clean sheets, but if things are very tight and he gets an extra 6k+ if he keeps a clean sheet......

16 minutes ago, KBB said:

The one I saw was Marshall has a basic contract, not exceptional wages, however he has a large clean sheet bonus that hinders our ability to pick him.

Now you can insert your own jokes here about him never getting that bonus as we dont keep clean sheets, but if things are very tight and he gets an extra 6k+ if he keeps a clean sheet......

Has he got a top end washing machine??

21 hours ago, KBB said:

ha ha ha ha...yeah, contracts are often bandied about for anyone to see...