David Marshall - joined QPR

Big Trav

If he was on the assumed wage of £12k per week, Derby have taken £288k off the wage list (£12k x 4 weeks x 6 months).

That's the equivalent of 2 new players if they are prepared to take £4.5k per week for the next 24 weeks (6 months).

1 minute ago, ImARam2 said:

If he was on the assumed wage of £12k per week, Derby have taken £288k off the wage list (£12k x 4 weeks x 6 months).

That's the equivalent of 2 new players if they are prepared to take £4.5k per week for the next 24 weeks (6 months).

Yer but you can't go quoting players salaries on this forum as you will just get asked how you know what so and so is earning. 

13 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Well clubs have been moaning we have been rejecting their low offers, cant complain now, you cant get any lower than someone leaving for £0

I imagine we'll be covering some of his wages. I doubt QPR would have matched the wage he was on here, so we'll be making up the difference. That's lower than £0, isn't it? ?

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Just like when Rooney joined Everton, Man Utd made up the difference...

But if he's signed a new contract, wouldn't any wage contribution from us be treated as a new contract also and have to be limited by the EFL rules?. Sounds unlikely we'd be paying anything to me, but then you know more about this stuff....

On 12/01/2022 at 09:02, Wolfie said:

But if he's signed a new contract, wouldn't any wage contribution from us be treated as a new contract also and have to be limited by the EFL rules?. Sounds unlikely we'd be paying anything to me, but then you know more about this stuff....

Probably means he’s not on 12k£ A week. QPR won’t be paying him that.