Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

4 minutes ago, RamontheMoor said:

It's like Rooney said, we need to be more clinical in front of goal. If we take our chances we wouldn't be having this conversation and we'd be 2 points better off.... Still, we didn't lose and there are signs of positivity to be seen. 

Not having a recognised striker available doesn't help either.

Game changed when Lawrence went off. Stretton and Buchanan came and and did well, but Lawrence was the best player on the pitch today.

Without more squad options we will struggle to see out games comfortably and it is hard for Rooney to make positive attacking substitutions with what he has available.

But local derbies aren’t always a true reflection of form and I believe we can kick on after the international break and secure more points.

Shout out to Jozwiak who had another good game for us going forward, yeah he made a couple of errors here and there, but overall he was a real threat and made problems for the Forest defence.

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Generally heartened by that.

We should have had 2 or 3 penalties with them also having a player sent off, plus we had the better chances. But the game would have changed if Fozzy had been sent off at the start. Was it deliberate? An official could have given it.

The movement from our forwards was often great, but we're not clinical enough. And the fiasco over the (lack of the) Stretton substitution contributed to a significant momentum shift in the game.

For their goal the ball went right through all our defence and Stretton particularly should have cleared it. The player shot hard and low. It was at Roos but they're not always easy to stop. Yes it should have been kicked away but they quite often go in.

What a difference a win would have made and the fault for not winning is roughly half on the ref and half on us not taking our chances.

That was poor.  Must have been a good 4 or 5 minutes

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Rooney is spot on in his post match interview. We got what we deserved in the end. We didn't keep the ball well enough in the second half. When we did get the ball down and make a few passes, we got into very dangerous positions. We should have won it but in the end we got what we deserved.

Whilst he's right... he didn't change it so we kept the ball better aside from the Stretton change which was enforced.

Shame about the draw, but last season we would have lost this by 2 clear goals and gone into the break on a low note.

1 point and a good first half I'll take for now, considering all we face.

If we can get a break from the EFL move on from all the threats of deductions and be allowed to bring in a few new faces we really could end up doing better than many of us thought at the start of the season.

I feel like we had a big chance to win this. It's games like these that I feel we could rue not winning if the EFL give us an unnecessary points deduction. It also concerns me why whenever we go ahead we hardly every close out the game. Hopefully that will change though. That aside we still look decent so far this season considering the transfer situation. Also does anybody know why Rooney ditched Marshall? I am confused why he hasn't been playing considering he was good last season.

Another frustrating game. Apart from Boro we’ve been in front in every league game (and Sheff Utd) which is really encouraging. However, given a lot of quite silly and avoidable goals away and fallen away in games we have been the better side. 

Not quite sure why we don’t seem to be able to keep things going for a full game or how teams always seem to find a way to change things to combat what we’re doing and put us under pressure.  We also seem to have a habit of not changing things which clearly aren’t working (today was the goal kick routine, the ball out to Fozzy and the tendency to play the ball back to Roos under any kind of pressure for him to limp aimlessly).

Having said all that, these are relatively minor criticisms and come from frustration rather than anger. We’re playing much better than I thought we would. Still a long season ahead and it will be tricky - particularly if we have points deducted - but I’m not too downhearted.

Perhaps the tactical geniuses on the forum could explain the thinking in the goal kicks because it’s flummoxed me!

We are a good side and this season not really many teams up there for me. Where we are now a minus 6 would put us on zero with teams there to be caught at this time so I feel we could and would probably stay up and give us an addition if 3 players to help freshen up the many games to come. I fear with the squad size now that if it’s after the window closes we won’t be able to work with the players available. If we go into the end of window and don’t add anyone and we get minus points and go down I’ll be laying the blame at Mel Morris and Pearce for getting to accounts in so late that we haven’t had chance to react. I’m enjoying the football really much for the first time in a long time we just need to add a goal scorer and more players chipping in with goals. Rooney surprised me so far. 

quck one at the game today the fans were absolutely unreal 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I can't help thinking that Sibley needs to toughen up a bit. Too often the ball is played into him and he is pushed off it, or he doesn't challenge the aerial ball. He needs to add it to his game.

I think he does need to work on holding up the ball but he seems to struggle a lot more with this when he's played wide left. He just can't drop into the space to turn as easily there and doesn't really have the pace to beat people on the outside. 

Also thought he looked like he tired early.

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

Game changed when Lawrence went off. Stretton and Buchanan came and and did well, but Lawrence was the best player on the pitch today.

Without more squad options we will struggle to see out games comfortably and it is hard for Rooney to make positive attacking substitutions with what he has available.

But local derbies aren’t always a true reflection of form and I believe we can kick on after the international break and secure more points.

Shout out to Jozwiak who had another good game for us going forward, yeah he made a couple of errors here and there, but overall he was a real threat and made problems for the Forest defence.

I thought jozwiak was the best player on the pitch tbh but then again I would say the same about Lawrence. I just thought jozwiaks in game decisions were better overall