Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

That front four are all capable of playing anywhere wide or central so could be a rotating front like Spain were a decade ago. Long high balls won’t work. Needs movement and playing in on the floor, and people moving to make themselves available for those passes. 

Very surprised to see 4 defenders, three of which are full backs on the bench!! Kornell was clearly not fully fit Tuesday so surely another game last night for the 23s would’ve done him more good?

I don’t see the logic if I’m honest.

Stretton obviously not fully fit or surely he’d start meaning Watson is the only other player who can play an attacking and he’s really not shown he can do that role yet when I’ve seen him…much more convincing when playing deeper.

Harsh on Hutchinson and Brown who I personally felt did well midweek. 

7 minutes ago, California Ram. said:

This 4.30am kick offs are not great here.  i’d go with Sibley up front to run his socks off before Stretton arrives. Nervous that Forest will wind Sibley up. Brilliant to hear the noise from the stadium on Radio Derby - white riot in the background. Wish i was there…

You should move.

It's 6.30am here in Mexico City, so much more civilised!
I do hate though how a bad result can completely ruin the whole  weekend

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

That front four are all capable of playing anywhere wide or central so could be a rotating front like Spain were a decade ago. Long high balls won’t work. Needs movement and playing in on the floor, and people moving to make themselves available for those passes. 

This is championship level remember. Cocu tried to be a bit clever and championship players just don’t get it. That’s why they’re championship players. Keep it simple, stupid. 

Just now, TigerTedd said:

This is championship level remember. Cocu tried to be a bit clever and championship players just don’t get it. That’s why they’re championship players. Keep it simple, stupid. 

Fortunately it's Forest we are playing...not Italy /Germany etc. 

Be interesting to see how they dovetail. Best players are on the pitch, fingers crossed. 

1 minute ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Very surprised to see 4 defenders, three of which are full backs on the bench!! Kornell was clearly not fully fit Tuesday so surely another game last night for the 23s would’ve done him more good?

I don’t see the logic if I’m honest.

Stretton obviously not fully fit or surely he’d start meaning Watson is the only other player who can play an attacking and he’s really not shown he can do that role yet when I’ve seen him…much more convincing when playing deeper.

Harsh on Hutchinson and Brown who I personally felt did well midweek. 

I'd not McDonald then we have no RB cover.

Williams will be cover on the wing.

The intention will be to bring Buchanan, Watson and Stretton on for Forsyth, Lawrence and one of the 5 midfielders

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd not McDonald then we have no RB cover.

Williams will be cover on the wing.

The intention will be to bring Buchanan, Watson and Stretton on for Forsyth, Lawrence and one of the 5 midfielders

Stearman is rb cover Buchanan lb cover and also he’ll be far more likely to come on on the wing than Williams. If Stretton was fit he’d have started and was clearly struggling Tuesday. Watson is a Bird replacement and nothing else In my eye….unconvincing several times now further forward.

If we’re winning Buchanan is a great wide replacement for Joz or Sibs but if we’re losing and any of the front 4 are injured it’s a complete reshuffle.