Embargo.

simmoram1995

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

They will definitely steam up when you put your mask on 

Pull your mask up high, then trap the mask between your glasses and the bridge of your nose.

No more steaming-up problems.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

You don't know that - pure supposition.....

I know its popular on here to froth at the mouth with anything to do with the EFL, but to blame this delay on them is laughable. The deadline was extended after discussions between both parties. We didn't submit the accounts on the original date, so the date was extended as per the EFL's statement. Did we expect them to fully review everything after a single day ?

"Following constructive discussions between the Club and the EFL it has now been agreed to extend this deadline, with the necessary filings now required by Tuesday 24 August 2021."

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I know its popular on here to froth at the mouth with anything to do with the EFL, but to blame this delay on them is laughable. The deadline was extended after discussions between both parties. We didn't submit the accounts on the original date, so the date was extended as per the EFL's statement. Did we expect them to fully review everything after a single day ?

"Following constructive discussions between the Club and the EFL it has now been agreed to extend this deadline, with the necessary filings now required by Tuesday 24 August 2021."

The key to your post is following “constructive discussions”. The club openly said they want to work with the EFL, they could have just submitted the accounts, EFL see something they don’t like then resort to disciplinary and legal action, there was potential for extra profit to be allowed for stadium sale amongst other issues, the EFL have probably seen a few submissions that have then been amended to hopefully ensure agreement. The statement you make saying it was the clubs decision to submit late is your opinion based on no facts.

What the club are therefore hoping for here is a quick turnaround due to having upfront dialogue, if the EFL now piss around and we miss the transfer window then (as long as our submission ends up removing the embargo and there is no other reason) then any feelings of wrath towards the EFL are justified. But I agree it’s not time to blame the EFL……….yet!

26 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The key to your post is following “constructive discussions”. The club openly said they want to work with the EFL, they could have just submitted the accounts, EFL see something they don’t like then resort to disciplinary and legal action, there was potential for extra profit to be allowed for stadium sale amongst other issues, the EFL have probably seen a few submissions that have then been amended to hopefully ensure agreement. The statement you make saying it was the clubs decision to submit late is your opinion based on no facts.

What the club are therefore hoping for here is a quick turnaround due to having upfront dialogue, if the EFL now piss around and we miss the transfer window then (as long as our submission ends up removing the embargo and there is no other reason) then any feelings of wrath towards the EFL are justified. But I agree it’s not time to blame the EFL……….yet!

It’s going to be fascinating how this pans out.

I am certain there are voices in the EFL who know full well that this situation has reflected badly on them as an organisation.and their pursuit of us can’t be seen as entirely equitable 

These are countered by another set who pursue agendas for reasons of their own .. honest application of the rules or from partisan spite .. as they did with Luton .. who got done something like 50 points over 3 seasons. (Not including the 10 for going in to admin) 

Personally I don’t think Derby County have done anything that other clubs haven’t done and are still doing. That isn’t the point.   They have simply been microscoped either for breaking the 11th commandment “Thou shall not get caught” or by stimulating EFL oversight by making enemies in the wrong places at the wrong time. The TV deal or Gibson or whoever else they challenged or peed off.

The big question for me is which set of voices gets the say when it comes down to the judgment / analysis ? 

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

More supposition regarding the submission of the accounts - you’re becoming an expert (though not in a good way)….

12 hours ago, Gaspode said:

More supposition regarding the submission of the accounts 

can’t understand how we can dump a load of information on the EFL and still be shown on their website as guilty on all counts. Surely accounts and P&S returns were delivered and if so why are those still up there? Maybe they are handling all 4 as a job lot 

Guilty until proven guilty. If innocent the EFL appeal and we start the process again. 

50 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

can’t understand how we can dump a load of information on the EFL and still be shown on their website as guilty on all counts. Surely accounts and P&S returns were delivered and if so why are those still up there? Maybe they are handling all 4 as a job lot 

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Guilty until proven guilty. If innocent the EFL appeal and we start the process again.

This is spot on and the impression fostered by the EFL, is that if an independent panel finds not guilty on a charge, it isn't that we are actually not guilty, but that we have "got away with it" a phrase you see from the fans of so many other clubs.

57 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The EFL will need to review our submission and then determine whether we've met their requirements  - and if there is an agenda they will take some time doing that - expect an announcement on Septmber 1st.....

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

This is spot on and the impression fostered by the EFL, is that if an independent panel finds not guilty on a charge, it isn't that we are actually not guilty, but that we have "got away with it" a phrase you see from the fans of so many other clubs.

I don't think we were found not guilty of all charges

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

I'm not sure any of those things listed on the EFL embargo page are specifically related to the accounts we need to restate. The HMRC one certainly isn't (not directly anyway), and I think the other 3 are all to do with the subsequent years (18/19 and 19/20). We have no idea if those have been submitted yet.

19 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Correct. We were found guilty of not flagging up our different amortisation policy clearly enough. This ultimately resulted in a £100k fine. 

I agree with the above but the issue does go a little deeper than just not flagging our different amortisation policy clearly enough. We were not instructed by the Disciplinary Pannel to just provide clearer notes for our different amortisation policy we were instructed to "redo" the accounts and resubmitt them. In redoing the accounts there is, as we know, a possiblity that the accounts might show that we have breached FFP. 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

2 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

EFL are not going to come out with a response until after the August transfer period closes. It's in their DNA - Don't Know Anything! They suppose to be the experts in running this league. To me ex means your past it and spurt is a drip under pressure!

But even if they wait for the window to close we'll still then be able to play the U23s and sign free agents, if we can get the embargo lifted/changed.

Edited by RoyMac5