Rooney's recruitment

vonwright

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

If Wayne gets his eight players then we will make the play offs. The style of play is absolutely obvious. It is ideal for this league. We have a defensive plan. We have a midfield plan. We are resilient and committed. We can be quickly derailed by injuries. We KNOW where we are heading now. COYR.

If it's true that the embargo will be lifted soon then this season could get interesting. Wayne knows what he wants. We know that it only takes a few good players to completely turn a team from bottom half to playoff challengers. I will not give up on Derby County. Forget the off field nonsense, I believe in this group and I believe in this manager. He is creating a siege mentality. 

29 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

If it's true that the embargo will be lifted soon then this season could get interesting. Wayne knows what he wants. We know that it only takes a few good players to completely turn a team from bottom half to playoff challengers. I will not give up on Derby County. Forget the off field nonsense, I believe in this group and I believe in this manager. He is creating a siege mentality. 

I approve of the signings that he has made so far, especially under the circumstances. I think our sqaud is a little light looking at our bench today, but we aren't far away and 3 loanees would have us looking much healthier.

Not Rooney's biggest fan and its very early days, but fair's fair...5 out of 5 for recruitment so far. 

Jagielka looks awesome, Davies has re-signed and looks match fit, Stearman is a solid replacement, Morrison is the new CKR (ie journeyman finally proving he can settle down), Baldock is doing a job...

On the budget he has, its been inspiring stuff. Particularly when listening to Jagielka explaining why he hung around waiting to sign even at such a low wage. 

10 hours ago, DRBee said:

Recruitment is just one aspect of Rooney's impressive management this season. It speaks volumes that some of the new players were prepared to come with the club in its close season  predicament. I like the commitment to the club shown  in his public statements. 

Not just Rooney.

Q) Did Jagielka come here because you are here?

Rooney: "I don't know, you'll have to ask him! Obviously I know Phil, and I know Ravel (Morrison). Sam Baldock has played with (assistant manager) Liam Rosenior, so we are using everything we can in our contacts to get the players we feel we need in."

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not just Rooney.

Q) Did Jagielka come here because you are here?

Rooney: "I don't know, you'll have to ask him! Obviously I know Phil, and I know Ravel (Morrison). Sam Baldock has played with (assistant manager) Liam Rosenior, so we are using everything we can in our contacts to get the players we feel we need in."

So do we think that WR is leading the recruitment himself and has sidelined our recruitment team?  Do we even still have a recruitment team?

It sounds like it to me. (Could be wrong though.)

1 minute ago, RIMBAUD said:

So do we think that WR is leading the recruitment himself and has sidelined our recruitment team?  Do we even still have a recruitment team?

We've got a recruitment team who are more than hindered by the fact that we can't offer a contract for more than a year (depending, maybe only 6 months) and a wage limit that even lower leagues can beat. How do you convince experienced/dependable players to sign for us even if identified by recruitment?!

35 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

The recruitment team has two people who are related to more senior figures at the club. Unless the ownership is imminently about to change i very much doubt anything will have happened to the recruitment team.

In any case they aren't really needed anyway. The pool of players we can actually attract is extremely limited atm.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The recruitment team has two people who are related to more senior figures at the club. Unless the ownership is imminently about to change i very much doubt anything will have happened to the recruitment team.

In any case they aren't really needed anyway. The pool of players we can actually attract is extremely limited atm.

I would argue that they are more needed than ever. It's far easier to find players paying stupid money than find a free agent who is willing to accept low wages and a short contract, and also be the right fit for the team.

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've got a recruitment team who are more than hindered by the fact that we can't offer a contract for more than a year (depending, maybe only 6 months) and a wage limit that even lower leagues can beat. How do you convince experienced/dependable players to sign for us even if identified by recruitment?!

We were only ever realistically going to be able to sign "mates" of our management team. 

For most of these players signed this season, this is one last hurrah. But equally a real good chance to play a lot of matches. Maybe they hope when the take over happens their contract suddenly goes up. Maybe they just want to play.

We have so far got a team that is better equipped than this time last season. What did us over last season early on was not taking the chances when on top and then poor mistakes. Davies and Jagielka is an excellent pairing for most of what we may face in this league.

My main concern now is that a lot of these players haven't played a full season in a while. Yet I don't see the need for 8 new faces. 4 maybe. Too many bodies and that may damage the team spirit that is starting to show.

If the embargo lifts id be looking at 4 things

1. promote cashin to first team squad and 4th choice cb

2. get Patrick roberts back in. Either a loan or perm I don’t mind. Absolute baller and would really suit the way we play. 

3. Get Kyle Hudson from Southport. Lads 19 and is 6”9 and will easily adapt to champ football

4. get another solid winger or striker. Someone with really frightening pace