Hull City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Can we please retire the Collymore song forever? I was in nappies when he played for Forest and barely in school when during his short-lived Leicester career, and I can't imagine many of the fans there even really know who he is.

I promise you, nobody cares about Collymore in 2021. Please drop it

My son has no idea who he is but thinks its really funny and loves it. We have a bet on what minute it will be sung in each match!

Half time 0-0

Decent game we have had by far the better chances and Joz unlucky crashing one against the post after a lovely move..

Roos had little to do

Byrne getting forward and looks a threat

Buchanan not as much but playing ok

Jags and Davies look very assured organizing well..Jags looks a great addition

Shinne giving it away a bit getting stuck in and ref already had a word for very little

Bird quiet but lovely skill to set up Joz

Joz best game in a while..will he tire?

Sibley looked a threat first 15-20 then not seen much of him

Morrison pulling the strings, very assured but should have put Sibley in

Baldock making some decent runs pulling the defence around a lot more than a Kaz would

9 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Difference is we are moving the ball quicker and not dilly dallying like Lawrence does on the ball. Hate to say it but on this showing we look better without ckr upfront with someone more mobile 

Yes. It’s a lot about having players who can play together.  CKR and Lawrence not always on a wavelength with those around them 

Very good 1st half. Unlucky not to be winning, Joz playing well and unlucky not to score, Morrison should of squared it when he shot. Fans sound great all you can hear on Rams TV is the Derby boys/girls 

Most of our players look well suited to this line up and style. Pity that Colin is not fit. We could and should be two goals up. Entertaining and skilful play. We just gave the ball away a few times. We may have been punished by better sides as Hull are not great but may still score and then be difficult to beat. If we get the first goal then maybe two or three may go in.

Good first half. Settled after some early Hull pressure. Davies and Jagielka not broken a sweat yet.

Jozwiak has played well and was unlucky with the shot that smashed the post. Ravel and Sibley also had good moments and some frustrating final pass/shots.

Baldock gives us a new style up top, but he might be even worse at one on ones than Waghorn was. Why can’t Derby find a striker that is quick, can score one on ones, stay injury free and not enjoy golf more than football? What I’d give to have a peak Vydra back in this team…

Anyway. Take an early chance in the second half please and then press on for more

Just now, Tombo said:

Can we please retire the Collymore song forever? I was in nappies when he played for Forest and barely in school when during his short-lived Leicester career, and I can't imagine many of the fans there even really know who he is.

I promise you, nobody cares about Collymore in 2021. Please drop it

I prefer to the same tune the Alex Pearce chant we had a few years back. 

Decent half, quite improved. Probably better for neutrals though.

Joz and Sibs started really well but faded a bit. Baldrick needs a run and sharpness in front of goal like all strikers.

The lack of goals isn't as much of a worry now as we look like having shots. Defence as well as they've done can only be tested so much before conceding.

Buchanan needs to work out how he's going to deal with the long ball to their pacy winger. 

Either he tries to cut it out or he stays well inside so he makes his man beat him. 

At present he's getting too close, allowing his man to go inside or out. 

No reason why we can't get three points here based on the first half performance.