Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

4 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

It’s only been Reading’s 6 point deduction that’s kept this interesting.

We’ve managed to pick up 22 points on The Posh 20 on Barnsley but only 6 on Reading. We’ve managed to pick up 8 points on Hull, 5 on Bristol,4 on Brum and 3 on Cardiff.

The away return is what’s done us. It’s not over yet and if you take away our points deduction then we would’ve looked like being comfortably safe. Quite a feat for a team of journeymen and kids.

A bit unfair to call our lads journeymen and kids - we have current full internationals , young internationals and a prem striker on loan. We simply couldn’t set ourselves up properly away from home.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

A bit unfair to call our lads journeymen and kids - we have current full internationals , young internationals and a prem striker on loan. We simply couldn’t set ourselves up properly away from home.

That premier league striker you're talking about only made his first senior appearance this season, was our player originally, sold a couple of months later and then loaned straight back to us

13 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Plange is a nice lad, but god help any Prem team if they were relying on him bagging 20+ a season.

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

True, after the deductions mid table form was never going to be (quite) enough. But we’ve seen what this squad can do and many had expected us still to be in touch very close to the last game. March was terrible  

Started OK, winning the 6 pointer vs Barnsley. Haven't kicked on, as has been the case all season. 

Can’t get a run going. 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Started OK, winning the 6 pointer vs Barnsley. Haven't kicked on, as has been the case all season. 

Can’t get a run going. 

I assume twitter is full tonight of Forest, OTIB cultists and Coventry fans saying they can't celebrate Readings win and probable survival, as they're cheats who broke FFP at double the rate Derby did in 3 years in just18 months.  That it's terrible Barnsley and Peterborough might not stay up and a Reading defeat and relegation would be the correct end to the season.  They're also agreeing I assume, that with  the recent rule changes Derby should be given 2 points back for the 20/21 season as it's only correct that every ones treated fairly. 

Trust Stoke to gift Reading exactly the result we dreaded.

Painful though it is to admit, sorry folks but I think that's it now.

I think that to win 3 games more than Reading with 6 games to go is just too tall an order.

Goodbye Fulham hello Fleetwood.

Get the ownership sorted ASAP, accept the -15 for next season if that's what it takes, new chapter, move on.

Goodbye Premier League dreamland, hello League 1 reality.

7 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

EFL aren’t thinking of anything of the sort. We dont have a preferred bidder yet, maybe we’ll get one without the -15pt ortherwise it’ll be next season because we’ll be relegated before all this is sorted out.

Absolutely going to be next season because the points deduction only applies if a takeover doesn't comply with the rules.

No takeover is going to complete before the end of the season now. As it stands a preferred bidder has not been named. When it has, the bidder gets full access to the accounts to complete due diligence. From there, he can then negotiate with creditors and once that's agreed,  start the purchase process. Note I have missed out untangling the complications we keep hearing about too. 

It's been said previously that it's at least a 12 week process to complete. If the ground is included,  possibly more. And that's if it goes ahead after the bidder has had full visibility.

I reckon middle of June is the earliest it could complete if a PB named this week.

L1 and -15 points is pretty much nailed on now IMO.

Whilst the maths allows, I sincerely hope we maintain at least the spirit of the fight, and keep the Allez, Allez lyrics unchanged for now… if only for the players sake!

We can change that last line if and when, but let’s enjoy it whilst we still can!

Any signs of defeatism/negativity from the stands will very soon reach the pitch, and the last thing we need right now is a damp squib of a run-in!

FTTE

2 hours ago, LondonRam2 said:

Trust Stoke to gift Reading exactly the result we dreaded.

Painful though it is to admit, sorry folks but I think that's it now.

I think that to win 3 games more than Reading with 6 games to go is just too tall an order.

Goodbye Fulham hello Fleetwood.

Get the ownership sorted ASAP, accept the -15 for next season if that's what it takes, new chapter, move on.

Goodbye Premier League dreamland, hello League 1 reality.

Premier League will still be dreamland for us

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I assume twitter is full tonight of Forest, OTIB cultists and Coventry fans saying they can't celebrate Readings win and probable survival, as they're cheats who broke FFP at double the rate Derby did in 3 years in just18 months.  That it's terrible Barnsley and Peterborough might not stay up and a Reading defeat and relegation would be the correct end to the season.  They're also agreeing I assume, that with  the recent rule changes Derby should be given 2 points back for the 20/21 season as it's only correct that every ones treated fairly. 

On the contrary. Forest fans flooding the Reading official Twitter feed thanking them and some Reading fans commenting really love our new Forest fan base and hope you go up ? ? 

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Shoddy EFL decision making. At the end of last season there was a clamour for The Rams to have points deductions for obvious reasons.  In terms of further sanctions there is a high chance there will be a clamour to deduct points next season. Some of this is fair of course. But every club seems to negotiate penalties nowadays anyway.  

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It seems noone outside Reading cares enough to moan about them.

They've no local rivals, and even their own fans don't care about them!