+ P:12 W:02 D:02 L:08 = 08
= P:46 W:07 D:08 L:31 = 29 Pts

Current Survival Target:
40 Pts
(1.6 Pts per remaining game)

Survival form is equivalent to:
57.6 Pts from 36 games
Equivalent to: Blackburn (4th)

Don't laugh, they'll be reporting us next for getting the benefit of a marginal offside decision involving a player who we shouldn't have been allowed to loan back and a player we should have sold in the January transfer window..... ? 

This is your baby, EFL, you can't ignore it when it starts screaming the place down... 

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Reading have reported Barnsley for reporting them, Meanwhile Peterboro are reporting Boro and Wycombe for stalling our case, Tottenham are reporting Boro to anyone who will listen for Boro beating them in the FA cup.

I'll be reporting back shortly ? if there is anything to report

You need reporting for reporting all that report. 

This is undoubtedly a direct result of the Wycombe and Middlesbrough claims. No doubt, it will be a constant feature of football in the EFL for the foreseeable future too - especially as teams are writing over insanely over-exaggerated losses due to Covid, i.e. Stoke & Forest, which will no doubt get teams towards the top twitching. 

The Reading one is interesting, largely because they've been under a transfer embargo that has still allowed them to sign high earning loan players, i.e. Danny Drinkwater (£120k a week), Baba Rahman (£86k a week) and more recently Tom Ince (£30k a week). They might not be paying their entire wage, but Chelsea and Stoke aren't going to be giving them charity. Barnsley have always been run frugally, even last season when they made the play-offs.

Still, if this is the way football is going then you can keep it for me. I genuinely think the EFL have done irreparable damage to itself due to its handling of Derby County. I'm still beyond baffled they openly admitted they were 'disappointed' they couldn't have relegated us last season. No governance can carry themselves in that way and still be successful. All they needed to do was stand by the decision of the independent panel and all of this could've been avoided. Now, they've had to retrospectively introduce rule changes for rules they've already said we've broken (straight line amortisation), but nothing will be more detrimental to them than allowing clubs to effectively sue each other for compensation and call it football debt. 

Ultimately, I'd love to see someone with a bit of money and marketing presence start the ball rolling on creating a feeder league to the Premier League and challenge the Football League who have painted themselves into the corner with their actions, particularly over the past decade.  

57 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Don’t think so you hired his son Tom and others 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/barnsley-and-reading-fc-potentially-on-a-collision-course-amid-threat-of-legal-action/

“It could be argued that they shouldn’t have been allowed to recruit the likes of Karl Hein, Tom Ince and Brandon Barker – but they barely have enough squad depth to cope in some areas and it’s not as if they have splashed the cash again”

Edited by Curtains

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is undoubtedly a direct result of the Wycombe and Middlesbrough claims. No doubt, it will be a constant feature of football in the EFL for the foreseeable future too - especially as teams are writing over insanely over-exaggerated losses due to Covid, i.e. Stoke & Forest, which will no doubt get teams towards the top twitching. 

The Reading one is interesting, largely because they've been under a transfer embargo that has still allowed them to sign high earning loan players, i.e. Danny Drinkwater (£120k a week), Baba Rahman (£86k a week) and more recently Tom Ince (£30k a week). They might not be paying their entire wage, but Chelsea and Stoke aren't going to be giving them charity. Barnsley have always been run frugally, even last season when they made the play-offs.

Still, if this is the way football is going then you can keep it for me. I genuinely think the EFL have done irreparable damage to itself due to its handling of Derby County. I'm still beyond baffled they openly admitted they were 'disappointed' they couldn't have relegated us last season. No governance can carry themselves in that way and still be successful. All they needed to do was stand by the decision of the independent panel and all of this could've been avoided. Now, they've had to retrospectively introduce rule changes for rules they've already said we've broken (straight line amortisation), but nothing will be more detrimental to them than allowing clubs to effectively sue each other for compensation and call it football debt. 

Ultimately, I'd love to see someone with a bit of money and marketing presence start the ball rolling on creating a feeder league to the Premier League and challenge the Football League who have painted themselves into the corner with their actions, particularly over the past decade.  

it's FUBB and has turned football ugly.

30 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Don’t think so you hired his son Tom and others 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/barnsley-and-reading-fc-potentially-on-a-collision-course-amid-threat-of-legal-action/

“It could be argued that they shouldn’t have been allowed to recruit the likes of Karl Hein, Tom Ince and Brandon Barker – but they barely have enough squad depth to cope in some areas and it’s not as if they have splashed the cash again”

Just had a count up ,Reading over their 3 squads have 67 players, we have 50. Cashin is still listed in our Under 23 and Ebiowei in the under 18.