Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

11 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Nonsense. Win tomorrow and the gap is back to 5 points. We have two games in hand on Hull who look awful and are in free fall under their new manager. We are the best side out of the teams at the bottom and will pick up points at a faster rate. 14 games to play. Plenty of twists and turns yet. 

Have a look through the fixtures work out where you think we’ll pick up points, I can up with 40 points and I thought I was generous to us. Reading have to win 4 games and hull would nee 3. Unfortunately I think we have left it too late. 
If we look back on this season I’d say we under performed(compared to the rest of the season) in October which looks to be costing us.

Hull are in free fall but they are 13 points ahead, regardless of games in hand (we need to win those a games) I can’t see them not winning for 13 games! 

Reading are soft at the back but they have Swift Hoilet Joao Ince and even though they have a soft defence they have goals in them (even when they were losing they were able score 3 goals and loose) I just don’t see enough teams I’m and around us to drag them into the fight. 

Of course I could be wrong and we could go on a 8 game winning run. 

7 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Have a look through the fixtures work out where you think we’ll pick up points, I can up with 40 points and I thought I was generous to us. Reading have to win 4 games and hull would nee 3. Unfortunately I think we have left it too late. 
If we look back on this season I’d say we under performed(compared to the rest of the season) in October which looks to be costing us.

Hull are in free fall but they are 13 points ahead, regardless of games in hand (we need to win those a games) I can’t see them not winning for 13 games! 

Reading are soft at the back but they have Swift Hoilet Joao Ince and even though they have a soft defence they have goals in them (even when they were losing they were able score 3 goals and loose) I just don’t see enough teams I’m and around us to drag them into the fight. 

Of course I could be wrong and we could go on a 8 game winning run. 

I disagree.

Can't believe you're throwing the towel in just because Reading have won a couple. It is very reactionary. There are 14 games left, we have a game in hand. Is it still over if we win tomorrow night and narrow the gap to 5 points again? 

I know we are better than both Reading and Hull. And I honestly believe we can pull off the miracle. 

Derby can still do it but its unlikely and it always has been. The away record is poor. If we can keep strong at home and pick up some away wins, we can still do it, maybe at the expense of Hull or Reading. The division is crazy. A team losing 3 in a row and a team winning 3 in a row is the kind of thing that can happen often. As long as Derby can get a bit of a run going, still got a chance.

Fans have still got to believe on match days that we can do it. The fans have really been the 12th man and every match, we can still do our part and at least for 90minutes believe that we will be staying up.  That extra energy helping the players could put help get us vital points.

Nothings changed. 

The thing is, we still have a chance, yes, its highly unlikely that our threadbare squad can continue to perform miracles but, we are still in the mix.

Rooney believes. The players believe. We need to keep believing. 

Get behind the lads against Millwall. Every game is a cup final now.

COYR ?

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Next 5 games would be a great opportunity to pile the pressure on. Reading are at Blackpool, then have Millwall before they meet Forest, Bournemouth and Blackburn

We're coming up against Millwall, Luton, Cardiff and Barnsley now.

If that gap is still 5 points after that then I'll be feeling sick. 

could be more, could be less. Just got to do our best.

I suspect if it's the same or more after that it means we've not been good enough against teams who aren't stronger than us really.

And we're going to find out how they do without captain tom for three games.

25 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Next 5 games would be a great opportunity to pile the pressure on. Reading are at Blackpool, then have Millwall before they meet Forest, Bournemouth and Blackburn

We're coming up against Millwall, Luton, Cardiff and Barnsley now.

If that gap is still 5 points after that then I'll be feeling sick. 

One game at a time Alpha. Its the championship, anyone can beat anyone.

42 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I disagree.

Can't believe you're throwing the towel in just because Reading have won a couple. It is very reactionary. There are 14 games left, we have a game in hand. Is it still over if we win tomorrow night and narrow the gap to 5 points again? 

I know we are better than both Reading and Hull. And I honestly believe we can pull off the miracle. 

I’ll still be there supporting and hoping for the miracle but as things stand I just don’t see us winning collecting 8 more points than them and certainly not 13 more than Hull.

I think we are capable of beating anyone in this league but what we are incapable of is stringing enough consistency together stay in the league. We go from beating Bournemouth and drawing against Fulham to loosing against Barnsley. 
We don’t have the depth, currently we are without our top scorer for three game and Byrne is likely to get a two match ban soon if he gets another yellow. 
We would need to win the next 3 for me to start believing. Because very quickly we could find ourselves 11-14 points adrift. 

6 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I disagree.

We now have 2 games in hand over Hull. They looked dire against us. Reading with Jao just won a home game 2-1 .. it isn’t over. If we win tonight we are no further behind Reading and 3 points closer to Hull 

Win today and it’s back to 5 points nothings changed, I just hope we don’t live to regret that moment of stupidity by Lawrence. They are all big games now and we need big players, losing one of them for 3 games over nothing when we already have a threadbare squad is looking more and more crackers.  

Form over last 10 games:

Derby 17 pts

Hull 11 pts

Reading 5 pts

Peterborough 5 pts

Barnsley 7 pts

Keep that momentum and with 4 to go we will be out the bottom 3 and Hull will very much be involved. 

What remains the same is we have absolutely nothing to lose and all to gain. For all intents and purposes we should be dead and buried cause of the deductions but an announcement of a PB, come out of admin and Rooney announce he has got Tevez to sign for the run in.

Game on

4 minutes ago, teddyb16 said:

Form over last 10 games:

Derby 17 pts

Hull 11 pts

Reading 5 pts

Peterborough 5 pts

Barnsley 7 pts

Keep that momentum and with 4 to go we will be out the bottom 3 and Hull will very much be involved. 

What remains the same is we have absolutely nothing to lose and all to gain. For all intents and purposes we should be dead and buried cause of the deductions but an announcement of a PB, come out of admin and Rooney announce he has got Tevez to sign for the run in.

Game on

Exactly I get that people feel they're bring realistic but until its mathematically impossible it its on. I think it will be imposs if fans throw the towel in and that support fades. What happened to "we fight to the end"? Or should it be resung as "we fought until Reading won a game"?

6 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

I’ll still be there supporting and hoping for the miracle but as things stand I just don’t see us winning collecting 8 more points than them and certainly not 13 more than Hull.

I think we are capable of beating anyone in this league but what we are incapable of is stringing enough consistency together stay in the league. We go from beating Bournemouth and drawing against Fulham to loosing against Barnsley. 
We don’t have the depth, currently we are without our top scorer for three game and Byrne is likely to get a two match ban soon if he gets another yellow. 
We would need to win the next 3 for me to start believing. Because very quickly we could find ourselves 11-14 points adrift. 

14 games ago we were 17 points behind Reading, we have caught up by 9 points over those 14 games. If we can do the same over the next 14 games we will finish 1 point above them.

Win tonight and it’s as you were.  Plus the gap to Hull is reduced to 10 points.  I still think Hull could get drawn into it.  If we get past Easter and the gap is still around 5 points we can do it.  Our last 3 fixtures aren’t bad and 2 are at home.  Reading and Hull play each other so they both can’t win.  And we only need to finish level on points due to our goal difference.