Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The Championship is a division notorious for teams going on sudden winning streaks and saving themselves, or even forcing their way into the promotion frame. For that reason, I won't write off any of the bottom 4 until it's certain. I'm sure Rooney will keep the team focused on "one game at a time" and not allow any complacency to set in. 

The table clearly demonstrates there is still a job to be done so, focus right now shouldn’t really be too much of an issue. I think the risk will be increased if/when we do manage to drag ourselves out of the bottom three but I’m confident Wayne wouldn’t let it slip. The bigger worry is, as you say, the realistic potential that a team go a mini winning run.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I am already immensely proud of Derby and Derbyshire for the way we have as a city and county pulled together and shown immense levels of support; the March was a great act of unity. 

Thank you for including the county! Absolutely love the coverage and focus we've been getting but to the untrained eye you might think DCFC stood for Derby City Football Club.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I only said don’t rule them out. Especially when they play us next, don’t get cocky now. 

I think their game in hand is against Bournemouth, though - who are still very much in a fight to keep the automatic promotion place. 

1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

Reading in downfall hope they don't get Warnock.....Pboro are poo, we'll finish above them....WFTTE ???

Slightly off topic, but I've always wondered why football doesn't have the same rule for managers as they do for players, i.e. you can only change managers during the same periods that you can sign managers.

This would certainly make clubs think a bit more carefully about who they appoint as managers, and bring a bit more stability to the game.

21 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Slightly off topic, but I've always wondered why football doesn't have the same rule for managers as they do for players, i.e. you can only change managers during the same periods that you can sign managers.

This would certainly make clubs think a bit more carefully about who they appoint as managers, and bring a bit more stability to the game.

It would certainly erode player power a bit because all it seems to take for most teams these days is a run of 10 games with poor results and fans are baying for the managers head. What happens at the moment is that players get a bit of a sulk on if they are dropped or they don't agree with tactics and they simply put a half arsed effort in until the manager is binned off by the owner. If managers were in less vulnerable position then the players might have to knuckle down a bit and just get on with the job that they are paid so handsomely to do.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Whether we stay up or go down this season {I believe we will stay up} I am already immensely proud of Derby and Derbyshire for the way we have as a city and county pulled together and shown immense levels of support; the March was a great act of unity. The money raised so that the ground is filled with people at a time when people are struggling with soaring bills is eye-watering. The name of Derby County has been resurrected by these actions and the reputation of Derby and Derbyshire folk has been enhanced as a place where people look after one another. I’m so proud of that. 

We fight to the end. We stay positive. We look after each other. We stay united. That’s what defines our support and that’s what defines being a team. 

I agree with everything you say. Black and white together .. unlike Reading  right now.

49 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

It'll never happen. Far too sensible.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Whether we stay up or go down this season {I believe we will stay up} I am already immensely proud of Derby and Derbyshire for the way we have as a city and county pulled together and shown immense levels of support; the March was a great act of unity. The money raised so that the ground is filled with people at a time when people are struggling with soaring bills is eye-watering. The name of Derby County has been resurrected by these actions and the reputation of Derby and Derbyshire folk has been enhanced as a place where people look after one another. I’m so proud of that. 

We fight to the end. We stay positive. We look after each other. We stay united. That’s what defines our support and that’s what defines being a team. 

What about ex pats, i am a Derbyshire lad and now i live in Staffordshire we donated to the flag and the tickets for people who just can`t afford to go ,so please give a shout out to all Derby fans all over the UK there are moreof us  than you may think .

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Mr Salty is back. I'd hate to see the explosion of sodium if we beat them on Saturday...

That's the same Derby with a £16m player wage bill, averaging out at £13,400 for 23 first team players. You can take a little bit off that for wages paid to youth players too.

Versus Reading who 18 months ago had a wage bill of £38.8m...

1 hour ago, Addingham Ram said:

Me too. I think that, if a club wants to sack their manager outside of a transfer window, it should attract a points deduction - after all, their intention is to gain a competitive advantage, otherwise they wouldn't do it. Say, 6 points for the first one, 12 points for the second one, 18 points for the third one etc.

That should ensure Forest and Watford get back to where they belong i.e Division 4.

12 hours ago, theroyal said:

Yeah, money's not an issue (we actually signed someone this week). One of our ITK's on Twitter is claiming that Paunovic offered his resignation weeks ago, but it was denied and the CEO and Kia Joorabchian are keeping him there as a punching bag. The CEO doesn't want to talk to our owner because he fears the sack himself. 

This has all been coming since the playoff final in 2017

That sounds like a ? Show of the highest order.

Whilst obviously of its you or us for the drop, I'd take you, I hope you guys get your club sorted out. And yet, it does seem that reading are massively under performing for the squad they have.

Reading remind me a bit of us last season.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That sounds like a ? Show of the highest order.

Whilst obviously of its you or us for the drop, I'd take you, I hope you guys get your club sorted out. And yet, it does seem that reading are massively under performing for the squad they have.

Reading remind me a bit of us last season.

Preferably 19/20 Hull - 6 points from their final 20 games. Their only win during that spell being against the Smoggies ?

36 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Mr Salty is back. I'd hate to see the explosion of sodium if we beat them on Saturday...

Oh another talk poo guy. I was just having a pop at Jordan. This guy is worse. We owe Arsenal more money than we owe Arsenal, Lech and Wigan combined. 

and players … ie two on over £1m pa . And one of those has only played equivalent of three games so far due to long term injury, and is the player we owe a lot of money to Arsenal for. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Oh another talk poo guy. I was just having a pop at Jordan. This guy is worse. We owe Arsenal more money than we owe Arsenal, Lech and Wigan combined. 

and players … ie two on over £1m pa . And one of those has only played equivalent of three games so far due to long term injury, and is the player we owe a lot of money to Arsenal for. 

Estimate for the current first team player wage bill? 

£20k-30k = Lawrence, Bielik
Max £12.5k = Roos, Byrne, Buchanan, Forsyth, Bird, Knight, Jozwiak, Sibley, Kazim
Max £4.5k = Allsop, Davies, Stearman, Ravel
Others = Cashin, Tommo, Festy, Plange, Stretton

Even if those last 5 were on £4.5k (very doubtful), that's still only a £10.8m first team wage bill. 

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We need to make a bit more of naughty tackles than we do.  Lying there for a few seconds and holding a leg gets us nowhere clearly.  Loud screams and fist banging with a side to side roll is needed, preferably 3 others pushing over the offending player as someone else screams in the refs face, based on what I saw the opposition get away with at the weekend.  

I thought this about the red card challenge in the Boro game.

Any other team would have had several players sprinting at the ref - for us, it was just Allsop waving his hands about 50 yards away.

Crikey- just had another look at the order of fixtures. Next 16 days are *huge*.

We actually have 5 games in that time, as opposed to the others who all have 4.

In those 5 games, we've got to play Peterborough - H (22nd), Millwall - H (14th), Luton - A (10th), Cardiff - A (19th) and Barnsley - H (24th).

For comparison, Reading have Preston (A), Brum (H), Blackpool (A), Millwall (H) in that time.

Peterborough have us, then Fulham (A), Hull (H), Huddersfield (A). 

Barnsley have Coventry (A), Hull (A), Middlesbrough (H) and then us.

Reading definitely have the nicest set of games there, but are they coming at the wrong time when low on confidence, we can only hope so!

Given that we also have a run where we have to play Bournemouth, Blackburn and QPR away and Fulham at Home in the space of 7 fixtures, we need to be 21st by 6th March, I reckon. (Although, interestingly, our fixture toughness does somewhat mirror Reading and Peterborough - when we have Fulham, they've got Blackburn and Sheff Utd, when we've got Blackburn, Reading have Bournemouth, when we've got Bournemouth, Reading have Forest etc. - only exception is when we go to QPR)

What do we need from the next 5 games to be there?

I'd be delighted with 3 home wins. Then the 2 away games become (almost, in this context) free hits. That *should* leave Peterborough and Barnsley out of it, and then it'll depend on how Reading do over the next 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Crikey- just had another look at the order of fixtures. Next 16 days are *huge*.

We actually have 5 games in that time, as opposed to the others who all have 4.

In those 5 games, we've got to play Peterborough - H (22nd), Millwall - H (14th), Luton - A (10th), Cardiff - A (19th) and Barnsley - H (24th).

For comparison, Reading have Preston (A), Brum (H), Blackpool (A), Millwall (H) in that time.

Peterborough have us, then Fulham (A), Hull (H), Huddersfield (A). 

Barnsley have Coventry (A), Hull (A), Middlesbrough (H) and then us.

Reading definitely have the nicest set of games there, but are they coming at the wrong time when low on confidence, we can only hope so!

Given that we also have a run where we have to play Bournemouth, Blackburn and QPR away and Fulham at Home in the space of 7 fixtures, we need to be 21st by 6th March, I reckon. (Although, interestingly, our fixture toughness does somewhat mirror Reading and Peterborough - when we have Fulham, they've got Blackburn and Sheff Utd, when we've got Blackburn, Reading have Bournemouth, when we've got Bournemouth, Reading have Forest etc. - only exception is when we go to QPR)

What do we need from the next 5 games to be there?

I'd be delighted with 3 home wins. Then the 2 away games become (almost, in this context) free hits. That *should* leave Peterborough and Barnsley out of it, and then it'll depend on how Reading do over the next 2 weeks.

If only games were played on paper.