Please sack them NOW

Archied

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not when judging a Manager it isn’t. If we were to not win in another 2 games that’s 1 win in 20. For all other teams he would be toast…..

So if Norwich lose their next 10 games on the bounce is ok because they have only lost twice in the last 18 games previous to that…..? 

14 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Lampard also took the team out on the lash and showed off his bar bill to the world after beating a Leeds team, knowing how much Chelsea hate Leeds and all the rest, for winning a semi final. Our players had done all their celebrating before the most important game, the final, where the players looked sluggish, and the majority of our fans thought we'd lost the game as soon as we all saw the team he'd picked, plus the time it took to make a substitution. 

And Rooney would have been shot for not starting with JM in the final, for his and the team's "amazing" performance.

I tend to let the Strictly Come Dancing judges and viewers give it all that "amazing" stuff. But I'll give you a "7" for trying.

So you’re picking games that Lampard’s team failed to perform, I’m talking about the fact Lampard got the team to perform above expectations and got players to do likewise! 

If you’re post has any credence, balance it off with Examples of Rooney’s team over performing. 

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not really. I get it completely those sentiments, my point was more (in my opinion) there is signs of improvement but some are so entrenched in the Rooney out position to acknowledge.  Clearly in the eyes of those people he’s got a lot more to do to win them over, he’s not won me over by a long stretch but we’re stuck with him, we have much bigger issues as a club which he’s handling brilliantly and he’s trying his best in an almost impossible situation so he’s got my backing - for now. Let’s see in 10 games because to be honest we might as well give him that long as if nothing changes off the field we’re probably done anyway.

IMO.. Wayne is the girlfriend we decided to dump yesterday. This morning we have woken with a banging head and memories of being turned down several times. Wayne has just turned up with a dodgy microwave meal and a trashy chick flick...I'm staying strong, seems like you are reassessing your situation? 

Edited by Chester40

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

So you’re picking games that Lampard’s team failed to perform, I’m talking about the fact Lampard got the team to perform above expectations and got players to do likewise! 

Above expectations? With Mount, Tomori, Wilson and Marriott et al? 

57 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Lampard didn't cost us. What's happened to us was always going to happen, Lampard's season just happened to be the last one before it. I think we spent around £13m on players that season but also sold £13m worth anyway. 

Lampard didn’t cost us? Can you tell me how much we got for selling Waghorn, Marriott, Malone and Jozefzoon. Can you tell me how much we spent on loan fees and wages for one year developing Mount, Tomori and Wilson for Chelsea and Liverpool blocking pathways for our own youngsters. Not that it was all his fault as someone was signing the cheques (not that Mel accepts any blame for his largesse).

Last seasons tactics were atrocious. After seeing the preseason games and the first game it looked like we mightve adopted a different way of playing but the last min goals really brought back the end of last season to many fans. 

I dont think Rooney is going to be a good manager to be fair but i also dont disagree when he says who else would do this job,so giving him 10 games is probably about right. 

I really hope he proves the doubters (me inc) as he has started to grow on me a bit and he hasnt had much help. 

Lampard had the best chance for promotion for a few years and ducked it up. AC Milan CH, England Midfielder and Harry Wilson banging in the goals and we still didnt go up. We had some good games but he failed with players that shouldve done better. Imo

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Above expectations? With Mount, Tomori, Wilson and Marriott et al? 

Yes. At that time, Wilson and Tomori had average loan spells at clubs that finished below us, Marriott had never played this level successfully and Mount had played in pretty average Belgian (?) league. Three were KIDS. If you’re telling me you had expectations of any of those four at the time, I’m telling you you’re a liar. A very big liar! ? 

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Lampard didn’t cost us? Can you tell me how much we got for selling Waghorn, Marriott, Malone and Jozefzoon. Can you tell me how much we spent on loan fees and wages for one year developing Mount, Tomori and Wilson for Chelsea and Liverpool blocking pathways for our own youngsters. Not that it was all his fault as someone was signing the cheques (not that Mel accepts any blame for his largesse).

I’m interested to know who’s pathway they blocked? If you’re good enough…..

Problem is, almost nobody comes out of this situation with any credit. 

The players are underperforming. 

Good players aren't showing their quality. 

The manager isn't motivating the players. 

The tactics appear confused. 

The squad is threadbare. 

The owner wants out and has steered the ship firmly towards the rocks. 

Absolutely everyone (almost) can have legitimate criticism aimed at them. 

The problem with the criticisms is what's plan B?

Mel needs to go, but if he walks who takes over? 

Rooney isn't experienced enough to take the team anywhere, but who would take the reins here? 

The players aren't good enough but there's no way to replace them. 

There's quality in areas in the team but we can't make it show on the pitch. We can't replace them and we have no money to change the coaching staff. 

This is going to be a long slog of a season. 

All we can do is support the team, stop getting on their backs and be the best support we can be. 

Without Mount we would have nowhere near, remember the games after he got injured at Accrington, we were terrible, only when he came back did we do anything. 

I posted earlier in the thread we can't get rid of Rooney it will cost too much money which we don't have, only way will be for him to walk away if our off field situation gets worse, if we get a points deduction then he may go

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

When the saviour took over, we were bottom of the league, we didn’t go down, he saved us and then took us to top of the league this season. 

We were 2 points off safety with 35 games to go. Finished above Wendies because of their points deduction. Coventry, Luton, Brum and Udders pulled away from us. We haven’t been top of the League this season. What an achievement ?

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

The players aren't good enough but there's no way to replace them. 

I take issue with this, just as i did when people said it about Nigel Clough’s team. You cannot say a player isn’t good enough until you’ve seen them playing at their optimum level. 

it lies at the manager’s door to get the players playing optimally. Then when you can see a player playing his best, but we still lose, then the players aren’t good enough. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We were 2 points off safety with 35 games to go. Finished above Wendies because of their points deduction. Coventry, Luton, Brum and Udders pulled away from us. We haven’t been top of the League this season. What an achievement ?

C0B52C62-F3F8-4927-80B7-67D72D668F00.thumb.png.e0455891ede447d182e4271bceaa4f1e.png

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m interested to know who’s pathway they blocked? If you’re good enough…..

Not sure buddy, but <cough> Mel is frustrated that the club has not fully capitalised on his ongoing investment in the Academy (“£4m per annum”) which has made the Academy rated 8th best Category 1 Academy in the country.