Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

33 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Even you don’t think that Gregory was the reason we stayed up…

How many games did we actually win from February….? 1 game….so saying that It is all because of Gregory is laughable. 

I could just as easily say, we didn’t win a single game after February without Max Bird starting, or David Marshall, or andre wisdom, or Graham shinnie, or Nathan Bryce or Matt Clarke….. 

We beat Wycombe, Boro, Huddersfield and Luton. Pretty sure he scored in a couple of those. 

The same doesn’t apply for the others.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Gutless? Cocu was immensely brave with playing the youth. Placed far more trust in them than Rooney has.

He was obliged to play Rooney. He didn’t have a choice, other than walk away. 

Did he walk away though?

My lasting memory was Cocu being given all the plaudits for waiving half of his severance pay which he would have received if he'd been sacked by the club 

He wouldn't have been entitled to anything if he'd quit. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Did he walk away though?

My lasting memory was Cocu being given all the plaudits for waiving half of his severance pay which he would have received if he'd been sacked by the club 

He wouldn't have been entitled to anything if he'd quit. 

I don’t think he walked, sorry if that comment suggested he did.

45 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

My view is that Cocu didn't have to pick Rooney, but we would have to pay a larger percentage of his wage if he wasn't playing. 32Red would not put money in for their number to be sat on the bench! I believe we financially had to play him, couldn't afford otherwise. 

Why not, it's not like Cocu spent the money on a striker!

17 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Does Rooney get any credit for tonight? 

Yes, a team selection that was criticised beforehand for being resigned to a defeat ended up putting in a valiant display and earning us a hard-fought point. We were never going to outplay West Brom so being resolute defensively was our best bet at getting something from the game... Rooney takes a fair amount of credit for that. 

21 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It doesn't really matter mate. People who don't rate Rooney will continue not to rate him. People who are not sure will see how it pans out. Results, eventually, will decide Rooney's tenure at Derby.

Its not worth falling out about, all we can do, as fans,  is get behind the manager and players at every game.

Que sera sera.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

We beat Wycombe, Boro, Huddersfield and Luton. Pretty sure he scored in a couple of those. 

The same doesn’t apply for the others.

Oh, so you mean from the start of February, in which case, wisdom, shinnie and Marshall should all be credited with saving us single handedly….!! 

30 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Another poster has already commented that this board is a small microcosm of supporters compared to the thousands who go and watch the team.

In the games I've been to this season I didn't hear any dissent whatsoever directed towards Rooney or Mel Morris for that matter in any of them.

7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh, so you mean from the start of February, in which case, wisdom, shinnie and Marshall should all be credited with saving us single handedly….!! 

No logic as they were there before.

The point remained that Rooney failed to win a single game as Derby manager last season without Bielik or Gregory starting.

The same can’t be said of any other player.