Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

16 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Gutless then.

He rated him, he wanted him to play. Rooney is the same as the rest of the squad, didn't really enjoy Cocu's training and tactics.

Seems to me Cocu regarded Mel as the boss and did his bidding. I reckon he had loyalty to the guy who paid his wages and loyalty to the club. Call that gutless if you want.  
Time will tell where Rooney’s loyalties lie, the jury is certainly out on that. Right now his interests lie in staying put 

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

No logic as they were there before.

The point remained that Rooney failed to win a single game as Derby manager last season without Bielik or Gregory starting.

The same can’t be said of any other player.

What is it about Wayne that makes you go to lengths of using these convoluted arguments to try and prove a point to justify your criticism? 

See the way I see it is at least he's had the stones to stick around in the face of an absolute car crash situation, still managing to motivate a team of scraps to try and survive. We could be far worse off, after all it was Wayne that signed Gregory and got Bielik back playing to his best here. Bielik looked totally lost under your boy Cocu.

32 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

What is it about Wayne that makes you go to lengths of using these convoluted arguments to try and prove a point to justify your criticism? 

See the way I see it is at least he's had the stones to stick around in the face of an absolute car crash situation, still managing to motivate a team of scraps to try and survive. We could be far worse off, after all it was Wayne that signed Gregory and got Bielik back playing to his best here. Bielik looked totally lost under your boy Cocu.

Bielik was injured under ‘my boy’ Cocu.

I’m not even criticising Rooney. 

I’m defending Cocu when people say Rooney has had it much harder, or any other criticism that has gone his way.

The comments re Rooney are simply because people are comparing them both.

I’ll stick up for Cocu all day long as I genuinely liked the guy. Yeah, the football at times wasn’t great, but he’s the only manager we’ve had since Nigel Clough that has put Derby first before personal ambition.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m defending Cocu when people say Rooney has had it much harder, or any other criticism that has gone his way.

I’ll stick up for Cocu all day long as I genuinely liked the guy. Yeah, the football at times wasn’t great, but he’s the only manager we’ve had since Nigel Clough that has put Derby first before personal ambition.

The games when Bielik was fit Cocu turned him in to a mistake ridden mess, also played him at CB which ended badly. I wanted Cocu to succeed because he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Dutch coaches rarely succeed in Britain and he's just another one to add to the list.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ok well you did say that Cocu wasn't sacked so all of those different journalists must be wrong then.

Or you know better than them. 

Yeah cheers. Didn't realise it was a contest. So he was sacked, thank goodness for Mel.

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah cheers. Didn't realise it was a contest. So he was sacked, thank goodness for Mel.

I wasn't trying to be funny about it, my understanding all along was that Cocu was sacked but he waived part of his severance pay.

Was just checking facts or seeing if you had information differing to this.

Doesn't matter to me either way now, if you recall I was an advocate of his leaving the club anyway at the time. 

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

To be fair,Rooney didn't have anywhere to go after last season,clearly no other clubs,especially premier were interested enough to pay him off from his contract here and we weren't in a position to sack him.

Plus by staying he has given himself a chance to show his ability as a manager and get those more interesting job offers in the future.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I wasn't trying to be funny about it, my understanding all along was that Cocu was sacked but he waived part of his severance pay.

Was just checking facts or seeing if you had information differing to this.

Doesn't matter to me either way now, if you recall I was an advocate of his leaving the club anyway at the time. 

My understanding was that when it came out their was 'mutual agreement' being bandied about and the bit about taking a lesser pay off. So he was sacked, okay.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Genuinely interested what makes you say this? He was out of work for nine months before Derby took him, as far as I'm aware he wasn't presented with a better job while he was here that he turned down or had a string of suitors at his door, and a year or so later he's still out of work. He got a great deal out of Derby, got given the project he wanted regards youth and was well paid. I'm interested to know what it was that means he put Derby first before personal ambition? 

I think most people like Cocu and regretted the fact that it didn't turn out better. Football-wise, it was Clement all over again, and I think most people didn't enjoy that. Again, most people I think felt Cocu was an honourable guy dealt a difficult hand. 

Stating that Rooney has had even harder issues to contend with than Cocu does not infer that Cocu had it easy by comparison, so stop the ludicrous polemics, arguing for the sake of arguing. It's effing tedious.

4 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

The games when Bielik was fit Cocu turned him in to a mistake ridden mess, also played him at CB which ended badly. I wanted Cocu to succeed because he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Dutch coaches rarely succeed in Britain and he's just another one to add to the list.

Ex Man Utd players don't have a good track record either when they have a go at becoming coaches/managers.