Oh no not Kazim-Richards!!

IslandExile

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think it might be to do with the transfer embargo both this season and last.

The club allowed strikers to leave.

Regardless of their calibre.

The club didn't or couldn't replace them.

That was crazy from the club.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

We extended Marriott contract only for the EFL to stop it hence our £5 million pound forward left for nothing - it’s not our fault 

7 hours ago, IslandExile said:

of all the players that we can least afford to lose at the moment, I would say it's Colin Kazim-Richards.

Is this right, that CKR is the solution ? Or would we be better off with Lawrence, Sibley, Ebesole and Stretton all linking beautifully in the final third, feeding off passes fizzed in by Morrison and Watson? 
Don’t get me wrong, the guy is immense and I’m certainly sorry for him that he’s crocked. But we’ve got a core of really decent footballers and all this wardrobe target stuff has never really worked.  Problem is CKR does his bit so well it seems to be a good idea 

Edited by kevinhectoring

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Is this right, that CKR is the solution ? Or would we be better off with Lawrence, Sibley, Ebesole and Stretton all linking beautifully in the final third, feeding off passes fizzed in by Morrison and Watson? 

That's a lovely thought. I'd add Jozwiak to the mix.

But can you really imagine the master tactician that is our manager bringing it about?

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

If true, Rooney will probably go for Baldock but he's a different kind of player.

We need a different kind of striker. We need one that gets himself into the area. His control is great, but we are crying out for someone with more awareness in front of goal. It is a real shame for Kazim but may benefit us as a team with the right replacement.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

I agree. It's ridiculous how we let both Waghorn and Marriott without making sure we had a replacement. I think if the EFL will let us register another player due to CRZ's injury another CF is a must !

Just now, Ram1988 said:

I agree. It's ridiculous how we let both Waghorn and Marriott without making sure we had a replacement. I think if the EFL will let us register another player due to CRZ's injury another CF is a must !

That may be Baldock who has  21 league goals in 5 years.

cef1d79bb0ce2290f1623000826444b0d6622424

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Was there an embargo last summer as well seriously can't remember

Yes, but they still allowed us to sign Byrne and Jozwiak

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Because we were under an embargo and could only offer them limited wages. The one who did accept an extension had it revoked by the EFL

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We did let Martin go though...which was our biggest loss in more than one way and seem to precede our spiral downhill.

Because he wouldn't accept our best offer

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes, but they still allowed us to sign Byrne and Jozwiak

Because we were under an embargo and could only offer them limited wages. The one who did accept an extension had it revoked by the EFL

Because he wouldn't accept our best offer

Of what 12 pence?

So instead Mel was willing to let us go into the season with no decent number 9.

Shambles then,shambles now.

24 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Which free agent do you realistically think we can bring in? If we aren't able to get someone like Delap.

We are in desperate times.

To be honest at a wage of 4.5 k a week, which is probably less than 50% of the average promising youngster who has a refreshed contract, no-one.  The answer to this is the powers that be sorting their poo out.  What's Dean Holdsworth doing?. We could feasibly pay 4.5 with the other club paying the remainder if we got a loan.  The problems being A - if a clubs willing to pay 60% of a players wage to get them out the door, it will probably be Varney or Blackman and B -the EFL would find some rule to stop it buried in the Magna Carta, just under the laws about how many times a year you can drove geese through the cities main thoroughfare. 

I'd happily do it for 4.5k a week if they like.  

5 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Which free agent do you realistically think we can bring in? If we aren't able to get someone like Delap.

We are in desperate times.

Knowing we have no other strikers, we may be a very attractive proposition for some players, they know they are going to get plenty of game time. 

Don't want to criticise CKR but I can't be as gutted as other fans are. He has worked hard and his link up play is decent but he is a 7 or 8 goal a season player and that is the kind of return that will see us relegated. Perhaps a better option will come of this.