Oh no not Kazim-Richards!!

IslandExile

Sure young Stretton scored the goal and I am delighted for him. I hope it gives him a big injection of confidence.

That aside, of all the players that we can least afford to lose at the moment, I would say it's Colin Kazim-Richards.

We have cover in most other areas, well central defence is a bit thin, but CKR is our only "lone striker".

May be worth trying Lawrence up there although he's now playing as a deep lying midfielder.

Anyhow - obviously I hope the injury is not serious. If he's out for any length of time, it could be critical.

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think that’s due to the number of players in those positions.  We have quite a few central midfielders (OK none exactly like Beilik) so there’s plenty of cover.  We don’t have many strikers, only Stretton.

Even if we could bring one more in it would be jagelka for me unless of course the EFL are actually picking our team ?

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Even if we could bring one more in it would be jagelka for me unless of course the EFL are actually picking our team ?

That made me laugh. I'm sure some on here would prefer that!

But I doubt they'd okay us signing a CB when it was a striker injured.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I guess it’s akin to when a keeper gets injured outside the transfer window.  The club gets special dispensation to sign a keeper.  Anyway, what’s Jagielka like as a striker?  Maybe Mel can find another loophole that it takes the EFL 3 years to work out……

We have made a signing knowing Beilik was injured and chose not to cover that position. This is a new injury so EFL will allow us to cover it. EFL may have a million inadequacies but this isn’t one. When you constantly play with fire you tend to get burnt in the end. Morris probably not looking as smug anymore 

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That made me laugh. I'm sure some on here would prefer that!

But I doubt they'd okay us signing a CB when it was a striker injured.

Play him as a forward - it’s not the EFL role to say what you can play and where 

Quote from Sky presenter this afternoon

”Presenter Michelle Owen said: "We have spoken to the EFL this afternoon following that injury to the Kazim-Richards and they have said 'if it is a severe injury and if he is out long-term the EFL may be willing to make an exception to the rule based on medical advice'."

8 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Quote from Sky presenter this afternoon

”Presenter Michelle Owen said: "We have spoken to the EFL this afternoon following that injury to the Kazim-Richards and they have said 'if it is a severe injury and if he is out long-term the EFL may be willing to make an exception to the rule based on medical advice'."

But seeing as it’s Derby we won’t bother