Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

Genuinely not that fussed - I can assure you we will have more fun as fans next season. That said, I don't live in the area so I won't have to put up with all the constant crowing but still it's just not a big issue for me in light of everything else that is going on.

What I found amusing was how on 5Live, with about three minutes of the game to go, all they could go on about was how hard this was going to be for Derby fans, how we were now in League One. It was like "this is your greatest moment in quarter of a century and still the only thing that people relate to is the impact it has on your neighbours". Very strange!

54 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm a Derby fan. Season ticket holder for 34 years.

I also have friends that are Forest fans. Enjoy the banter with them and dont begrudge them a bit of success.

Feel the same, in fact I am quite surprised at how OK I'm with it, maybe it's because we wouldn't be playing them next season whatever the result yesterday. 

36 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

What I found amusing was how on 5Live, with about three minutes of the game to go, all they could go on about was how hard this was going to be for Derby fans, how we were now in League One. It was like "this is your greatest moment in quarter of a century and still the only thing that people relate to is the impact it has on your neighbours". Very strange!

20220530_083849.jpg

12 hours ago, Crewton said:

Forest's improved attendances since Marinakis took over are mainly down to them making season tickets for the under 23s as cheap as chips, which is a good policy when you've got  6,000 empty seats. They got a further boost of a couple of thousand after Cooper took over and turned them around. Well done them, but it's hardly unheard of.

Our sub-20K attendances were entirely due to the ticketing restrictions we had at the start of the season. I'm surprised you didn't mention that? Then, when we finally got the ticketing system working, we went into Administration and relegation was all but confirmed, even before the further -9 points were agreed. Yet, attendances continued to rise modestly and never fell back.

If you know of any other teams whose attendances actually increased in our circumstances, I might concede you have a point?

I know you guys are desperate not to admit Forest have had better support in recent years, but this is just sad. Our attendances have been down for years now - are you going to blame the ticketing problems for that as well ?.

Now that we actually report factual figures for our attendances rather than make it up like we did under goatee man we canactually see where we stand.

We can follow Forests example you know. If they've fpund a way to fill their stadium then we should do the same. Most of our games had more than 6000 empty seats this season.

Not sure why you are you trying to argue that our attendances are down because weve been crap either. It doesnt change the fact that our attendances have been much lower than Forests.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I know you guys are desperate not to admit Forest have had better support in recent years, but this is just sad. Our attendances have been down for years now - are you going to blame the ticketing problems for that as well ?.

Now that we actually report factual figures for our attendances rather than make it up like we did under goatee man we canactually see where we stand.

We can follow Forests example you know. If they've fpund a way to fill their stadium then we should do the same. Most of our games had more than 6000 empty seats this season.

Not sure why you are you trying to argue that our attendances are down because weve been crap either. It doesnt change the fact that our attendances have been much lower than Forests.

For 17 years out of the last 20 Derby have had bigger average attendances than the gumps. Not that it really matters, it’s just a small fact to throw in there!

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We had 21-22,000 ST holders until the pandemic, so the attendances (if at all) can't have been significantly inflated. Our annual match day revenue has been higher than Forest's for the last two decades. 

I'm not sure why you're so keen to trumpet the higher attendances Forest have enjoyed since 2018, but I can probably take a wild stab in the dark..... ? 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

unimpressed the queen GIF

How it feels coming onto a League One clubs forum.. 

Hide Help GIF by ADWEEK

Go back under your rock with all your other Florist mates. Enjoy four seasons- summer, autumn, winter and spring as we’ll be seeing you right after that.

ps hopefully Forest will only get 10 points 

pps well done 

COYR?

32 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I am sure things will calm down when they lose 5 in a row. They’ve played ok for 6 months out of the last 25 years.

They'll probably average over 29,000 next season, regardless of results, which they haven't achieved since 1978/79, despite having "a worldwide fanbase of millions". Maybe one of their fans who post on here could explain this apparent anomaly?

10 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Still not sure whether VAR was used today and if it was, who was making the decisions? I’m sure there was two clear cut penalties. All I can say is if Derby played Huddersfield then Huddersfield would have had a penalty.

Agree Entirely,there was two clear cut penalties to the Terriers,something should be done,so it never ever happens again in a game as important as this.!!!