South Stand: Respect

Ellafella

Yes, I think our South Stand clearly outsung a packed away end yesterday, something we hadn't been doing for a while pre-lockdown. Again, a lot of complementary backing up from the other stands as well.

There was a point in the second half when we were really under the cosh, with some tasty challenges going in from Middlesbrough and Warnock doing his usual war dance down below us, but it was Derby fans on all four sides who were providing the rhythm that drove our players on. I was quite proud of you all! ?

Edited by angieram

11 minutes ago, niram said:

First game back, Fantastic atmosphere yesterday! I don’t think their fans expected that from a humble attendance but our fans really made ourselves proud, let’s keep this going all season, you can see the effect it has on the players ? 

I was running in the British athletics master yesterday which was wonderfully in Derby.  After I finished I was able to meet up with my mates and got the rare chance to go to the game.  Surprised a bit by the small attendance and the number of boro fans, feared the worse that we would be out sung but none of that.  A much more positive PP and a general feeling of togetherness within the team and the supporters.  Never thought we would be coping with all the offfield rubbish so we’ll.  watching Jags made the price worth paying alone.

19 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

The south stand is Derbys 12th man, the heart beat of our club. The singing/bouncing constant noise,has been noticed by the players, keep it going you rams ❤

The team needs the crowd to be with them this season and every point will be vital weather it’s nice or ugly 

My first post, so please be gentle!

I've not been able to get to a match this season following an operation, (I know, bad timing ?), and had to listen to radio Derby for my Rams fix.

I have to say, while nothing matches the match-day feeling, the enthusiasm of the crowd is fantastic! Even when I felt fed up and a little low immediately after the operation, I could listen in and dream of being there. It must really lift the players knowing that there's so many behind them.

When I'm back on my feet in a few weeks, (I hope), I'm off to Pride Park to enjoy it in the first person, standing up of course because I hate Forest!

2 minutes ago, hydraulic ram said:

I've not been able to get to a match this season following an operation, (I know, bad timing ?), and had to listen to radio Derby for my Rams fix.

I have to say, while nothing matches the match-day feeling, the enthusiasm of the crowd is fantastic! Even when I felt fed up and a little low immediately after the operation, I could listen in and dream of being there. It must really lift the players knowing that there's so many behind them.

When I'm back on my feet in a few weeks, (I hope), I'm off to Pride Park to enjoy it in the first person, standing up of course because I hate Forest!

Great username ?? 

3 hours ago, hydraulic ram said:

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you're back at the ground soon.

4 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Great support. Surely we will be able to break the 20,000 mark for the Forest game?

The sad reaction wasn’t a reflection of your comment but a reflection of the situation, where this once great support will be 13,000 down against our main rivals who are rock bottom of the league ?

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Get your hard hat on if you're going to have a view like that!

I know what you mean, but I’m just being honest, around where my season ticket seat is there’s some awful moaners, they really spoil my enjoyment, and you can’t just move. The things they shout out is pure spite. 

Bloody hell. People always moan at football matches on occasion. I used to hear stuff at the old place and it was up close and personal .  Most of the stuff now is generic and just general chuntering, the next minute the same persons cheering a tackle.  Nothings changed in 140 years.  Been to Everton a few times and the kind of vitriol you hear there is the kind of stuff to do this.  We're like choirboys compared to most. 

21 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I know what you mean, but I’m just being honest, around where my season ticket seat is there’s some awful moaners, they really spoil my enjoyment, and you can’t just move. The things they shout out is pure spite. 

Honest question - have you ever challenged them about how they are affecting your enjoyment of the game?

I was thinking of going to the Forest game but now I've heard about all this racket going on in the ground I'm not bothering. I prefer the traditional Pride Park atmosphere of listening to the players conversations, seats clattering on the 30th minute as people head to the concourse and the non stop pinging of phone notifications. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Honest question - have you ever challenged them about how they are affecting your enjoyment of the game?

I did once challenge an old guy who sits 2 rows back. He’s absolutely horrible with the things he shouts. I said ‘would you give it a rest’ and a girl in front of him said ‘oi  that’s my grandad’. I took this to mean I shouldn’t challenge him by her tone. 

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I did once challenge an old guy who sits 2 rows back. He’s absolutely horrible with the things he shouts. I said ‘would you give it a rest’ and a girl in front of him said ‘oi  that’s my grandad’. I took this to mean I shouldn’t challenge him by her tone. 

Yer this behaviour is out of order.

I was just wondering as I had a similar occasion last season when someone was abusing a player and one person shouted at him support your players and another shouted support your team.

The guy made some jokey outloud casual comment but message taken and he was suitably mollified after that.

11 hours ago, Spanish said:

I was running in the British athletics master yesterday which was wonderfully in Derby.  After I finished I was able to meet up with my mates and got the rare chance to go to the game.  Surprised a bit by the small attendance and the number of boro fans, feared the worse that we would be out sung but none of that.  A much more positive PP and a general feeling of togetherness within the team and the supporters.  Never thought we would be coping with all the offfield rubbish so we’ll.  watching Jags made the price worth paying alone.

If you didn't shower first maybe that explained the lower attendance.?

I seem to be one of the fair weather supporters everyone is complaining about as I haven’t been to a home game yet this season.

ive had a ST in the middle of the SS for five years, at first it was great, but as the years went by and we didn’t get our rightful promotion, the backing of the fans got worse and worse, the singing around me became more sporadic and the abuse of our players got to the stage where, by the time COVID came around, I’d already made the decision not to renew again.

im really glad the atmosphere has kicked up a notch, maybe all those from other parts of the ground who were wishing they could be in the SS have took the opportunity to get tickets in there, and it’s made me a little envious and start to consider going back, but I’m just wondering, now that the STs have gone on sale again, will those moaners and non singers take up their positions again?

probably the one thing I haven’t missed so far is the home games, though I’m determined to go to as many away as I can.

32 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yer this behaviour is out of order.

I was just wondering as I had a similar occasion last season when someone was abusing a player and one person shouted at him support your players and another shouted support your team.

The guy made some jokey outloud casual comment but message taken and he was suitably mollified after that.

Sorry just realised said last season which obviously isn't correct.....

5 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Why can't you just move?

We have moved twice, once because of other fan's behaviour and now we're looking to move again because of those sitting directly behind us. We are hoping that with the much anticipated reduction of season ticket holders, that this shouldn't be too much of a problem, providing that we can actually discuss the situation with a real human being in the ticket office prior to the Stoke match.