The men who sell football

swansea ram

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Loans from Mel, who offers to write them off as part of the deal.

You're not very good at properly understanding financial matters are you?

Yes I am, but, we are circumventing the FFP again when is he going to learn?

Also which investor is going to buy a football club without placing into writing that Mel is going to be responsible for the debt which he is suggesting.  That's like me selling you a car that's not HPI clear and saying don't worry mate, I will keep paying the loan....  Would you buy the car? 

I think we know full well why investors keep pulling out of deals now!

Edited by RAM1966

5 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Also which investor is going to buy a football club without placing into writing that Mel is going to be responsible for the debt which he is suggesting.  That's like me selling you a car that's not HPI clear and saying don't worry mate, I will keep paying the loan....  Would you buy the car? 

Investors are not purchasers, for your further information they are investors, also any SPA would have a clause that the club was debt free at the point of signing that SPA.

Selling the club does not circumvent FFP, in fact if it was sold debt free that would render FFP non applicable.

Your faux outrage at everything to do with the club is very boring.

9 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Is he saying it wouldn’t be in writing? 

5 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Investors are not purchasers, for your further information they are investors, also any SPA would have a clause that the club was debt free at the point of signing that SPA.

Selling the club does not circumvent FFP, in fact if it was sold debt free that would render FFP non applicable.

Your faux outrage at everything to do with the club is very boring.

What debts do we owe Mel?  I thought he had injected capital?  Doesn’t he owe the club a wedge for PP?

I know he's not popular, but Keiran M's comment was "what Morris was proposing doesn't break the letter of the law (in terms of EFL regs), but it is clearly not in the spirit"

Seems things got as far as an initial meeting brokered by the middelman, who presented Mel with a potential buyer and that included discussions on structuring a deal the benefits club in FFP matters to the best effect. It's perhaps sitting in a grey area, but is also Mel not going "ta taaa I'm offski it's your problem now"

Just going to listen to part 2 now.

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

But loans are not allowable against P&S.

In simple terms...

Mel's loans were made to the parent company.

The parent company invested in DCFC as share capital.

Mel will be selling the parent company shares, which puts DCFC under new ultimate ownership.

15 minutes ago, Spanish said:

But loans are not allowable against P&S.

Loans are a balance sheet issue, not P&L which is the trading position of the club, the loans would be used to underwrite the excess spending and keep the club solvent.

As they were not, it would seem interest bearing they would not affect the P&L or cash position negatively.

Edited by Charlotte Ram
missing words

The whole "this can't be put in writing" bit regarding Morris writing off loans doesn't sound too good in isolation.

I would imagine that anybody willing to do a deal of that size would probably want some kind of written guarantee that they wouldn't be stuck with £140m worth of debt.

Just now, Kernow said:

The whole "this can't be put in writing" bit regarding Morris writing off loans doesn't sound too good in isolation.

I would imagine that anybody willing to do a deal of that size would probably want some kind of written guarantee that they wouldn't be stuck with £140m worth of debt.

Even the most junior lawyer on the purchasing side would put that in the SPA