The men who sell football

swansea ram

11 minutes ago, RAMesses III said:

Really sorry i-Ram but watch the section again, 44 minutes into the youtube video linked above. explicitly says on the radio that lampard is back at chelsea after 5 years as their new manager.

No need to apologise mate. I may have misheard it, and if I did then I either need to get a hearing aid (the wife would be nodding now) or I should not have had that extra beer whilst I was watching the programme.  By the way I used to hang around with your father when I was a nipper  - send my best to Ramesses II.

40 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No need to apologise mate. I may have misheard it, and if I did then I either need to get a hearing aid (the wife would be nodding now) or I should not have had that extra beer whilst I was watching the programme.  By the way I used to hang around with your father when I was a nipper  - send my best to Ramesses II.

Yes it was was Lampard left, it was the day it was announced because Samuelsom says words like "that's a shame as Lampard was a big name in China".

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes it was was Lampard left, it was the day it was announced because Samuelsom says words like "that's a shame as Lampard was a big name in China".

What like Flank Bi Gwan Ker Lam Plard?

1 hour ago, seths-cap said:

Watching this made me feel like us going broke and the fans reforming the club (People's Republic of Derbyshire F.C, PROD for short) and having complete ownership wouldn’t be so bad. Listening to all this and how corrupt and unethical a lot of the things that happen in the background at football clubs work just made me feel dirty. Filthy f*****g businessmen playing their games.

Has football always been like this? Probably. ?

I think it has got worse because the salary levels of footballers have now created a situation where local owners are very unlikely to be able to sustain a club that is competitive at the higher levels of Championship or Premier League. There are very few people with that level of wealth in the UK - and interest at a local level. 

So, there's got to be international investment in most cases, and while that's a bigger pond to fish in, there are more sharks in it! 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think it has got worse because the salary levels of footballers have now created a situation where local owners are very unlikely to be able to sustain a club that is competitive at the higher levels of Championship or Premier League. There are very few people with that level of wealth in the UK - and interest at a local level. 

So, there's got to be international investment in most cases, and while that's a bigger pond to fish in, there are more sharks in it! 

Starting to think them when my daughters at the age to start going to games I’m taking her to the lower leagues.

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

If Lampard knew about any of this it's no wonder he fecked-off, (although Abramovic isn't exactly Snow White either).

At the end of the day any business with as much wonga flying about as football will be of interest to crooks.

I was pretty sure Lampard was well aware there was going to be cost cutting the next season, and that would've been bad for his brand. Weather any of this stuff was known or a factor (guessing he knew Mel wanted to sell) we'll never really know.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I was pretty sure Lampard was well aware there was going to be cost cutting the next season, and that would've been bad for his brand. Weather any of this stuff was known or a factor (guessing he knew Mel wanted to sell) we'll never really know.

He might have got wind of stormy times ahead. Certainly a lot of dark clouds now.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

And grossly unfair to the 99 percent of officers down there that spend their careers helping people and putting themselves in danger in order to help the public.

Sadly in the met there were significantly more bent coppers than that I'm afraid..it was part of the job for way too many.