The men who sell football

swansea ram

AlJazerra News are doing a documentry on  "The Men Who Sell Football", which is being shown soon (but didn't give a date, and featured on the advert for the program was Derby County.  No other details were said, but is on English football clubs.

Anyone else seen this.

22 minutes ago, swansea ram said:

AlJazerra News are doing a documentry on  "The Men Who Sell Football", which is being shown soon (but didn't give a date, and featured on the advert for the program was Derby County.  No other details were said, but is on English football clubs.

Anyone else seen this.

No, is that "AlJazeeraHD" on sky? (Ch513) 

1 hour ago, Kuskus said:

Al Jazeera have announced that a documentary is coming out tomorrow about an English club it is on their Twitter page, didn’t say which one but someone noticed it had Derby in the trailer

9pm tomorrow is the time on Al Jazeera 

Will be interesting to see if this is focused on multiple individuals involved with multiple clubs or if it's focusing on a single individual who has had involvement with multiple clubs.
Trying to make out who some of the other clubs seem to be, here. One of the clips has Peter Withe scoring, but I don't know for who, and I'm sure the blue and white hooped team would have to be Reading or QPR.

3 minutes ago, JfR said:

Will be interesting to see if this is focused on multiple individuals involved with multiple clubs or if it's focusing on a single individual who has had involvement with multiple clubs.
Trying to make out who some of the other clubs seem to be, here. One of the clips has Peter Withe scoring, but I don't know for who, and I'm sure the blue and white hooped team would have to be Reading or QPR.

One is reading as apparently it is to do with that Samuelson person

Edited by Kuskus

6 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

One is reading as apparently it is to do with that Samuelson person

The boot would fit if the focus is on only one person. Was at Reading, was reportedly involved in the failed Bin Zayed takeover with us, and was on the board at Villa when Tony Xia was in charge there (which would probably be the club that the Peter Withe clip is from).

Edit: Yeah, that Withe goal is the one from their European Cup triumph

Edited by JfR

Only listened to end of part one but I don't see anything hugely wrong here.

Presume you're talking about the way Morris agrees to write off money to benefit Derby. I would say that should be applauded rather than pilloried.  Also goes to fill I  some of the blanks from what came out of the supporter meeting. Effectively that would need to be agreed and ratified by the EFL in order for it to go ahead but in reality it isn't illegal and isn't against the rules really.

The fact that they met someone who appears to be less than legit is also no real surprise. The meeting was set up by a known fixer and would appear to have not gone further than an initial meeting.

It's like selling your house...do you ask to see all the details, background, CRB checks of everyone that comes to look around?

Absolute none story.

50 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Absolute none story.

Is it?!

Quote from the Al Jazeera article - "In 2012 and 2016 respectively, he set up deals for the purchase of two English clubs – Reading and Aston Villa. Both were taken to the brink of financial ruin under mysterious new owners."

That's in reference to Christopher Samuelson, who Al Jazeera claim was asked by Mel directly to sell the club.

Another quote from the same article - "This “ultimate man in the shadows”, was the subject of money-laundering investigations in several European countries but has never been charged."

Probably the most damning is the admission from Morris he was ever working with Samuelson - "Morris told Al Jazeera... that they had not had any “formal association” with Samuelson for some time."

If you ask me it absolutely stinks.

https://www.ajiunit.com/article/investigation-reveals-how-football-can-be-used-to-launder-money/

Edited by mike93rh

Just now, RAM1966 said:

Here is the advance audio of the Al Jezeera programme tonight, not looking good for the Derby, especially the amount that Mel reveals that there is £140M in loans!!!!!!!!!!!

https://art19.com/shows/al-jazeera-investigates/episodes/e65e528b-283f-42c7-9e02-b80d9e079067/embed

To himself which would he would almost certainly write off in the event of a sale

Just now, RAM1966 said:

Here is the advance audio of the Al Jezeera programme tonight, not looking good for the Derby, especially the amount that Mel reveals that there is £140M in loans!!!!!!!!!!!

https://art19.com/shows/al-jazeera-investigates/episodes/e65e528b-283f-42c7-9e02-b80d9e079067/embed

Loans from Mel, who offers to write them off as part of the deal.

You're not very good at properly understanding financial matters are you?