Tom Lawrence

Carl Sagan

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Looking at the squad we will need to spread the goals out but a just cannot see where they will come from. You could expect 10 each from CKR and TL but then that still needs a hell of a lot more to make up the rest. 

I cant see either of them hitting 10 sadly , but yes even if they do you would need a good team contribution of goals to be in safe position , reckon any of the trialists could?

4 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I cant see either of them hitting 10 sadly , but yes even if they do you would need a good team contribution of goals to be in safe position , reckon any of the trialists could?

Not really unfortunately no looking at the trialists, none have really ever been prolific. Realistic we need to score 50 to stand a chance. 2 players get 10, 4 players score 5 then you would need 10 from the rest. Is that possible from what we have? Unlikely I’d say. 

CKR - 10

TL - 10

Knight, Joz, Baldock, Aluko, Sibley - 5 (big ask from Joz, Aluko and Sibley isn’t fancied)

Then 5-10 total from the rest of the squad. 

For me it looks a big big ask. 

I will keep the faith though COYR. 

30 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Not really unfortunately no looking at the trialists, none have really ever been prolific. Realistic we need to score 50 to stand a chance. 2 players get 10, 4 players score 5 then you would need 10 from the rest. Is that possible from what we have? Unlikely I’d say. 

CKR - 10

TL - 10

Knight, Joz, Baldock, Aluko, Sibley - 5 (big ask from Joz, Aluko and Sibley isn’t fancied)

Then 5-10 total from the rest of the squad. 

For me it looks a big big ask. 

I will keep the faith though COYR. 

Yes agreed , big task but hopefully we can pull it off 

Daft to let him go. Not getting a player of his quality in our situation and despite the fans generally not liking him, he is capable of 10+ goals and assists if he stays fit. 

As said, he gets a lot of stick, but at least he has the balls to go at players, try and beat players and shoot at goal which very few of our squad will do. Players like him out wide will go missing at times, sometimes for whole games. But if he had the consistency of performing as we know he can 7-8/10 games, he certainly wouldn’t be at Derby. 

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Maybe I'm being overdramatic but I don't recognise this fanbase any more.

He absolutely should have done more and been more consistent in the past, but we would have been relegated without him at the end of last season

Relegated without him….??? Why exactly.? How many winning points did he get for us??

25 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Anyone advocating getting rid of Tom Lawrence while we're in our current situation is a complete fool, in my humble opinion.

If this was a normal window where we were just a bit cash tight then you could see the argument but right now it's completely idiotic as its extremely likely we wouldn't even be able to replace him.