Tom Lawrence

Carl Sagan

The issue we have is that at the end of the season, we lose him for nothing.

Therefore, if we’re prepared to take that hit of whatever we can get for him now for one more season of him playing for us, then it might prove costly for us in monetary terms… however, losing him might be costly in playing staff terms.

17 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Love the valuation, unfortunately it will be more like £3.5m @B4ev6is this is what some may call “the Derby way”

Last year of his contract I think? I’d be absolutely gobsmacked if we got £3.5m for him. 

you don’t buy the player you buy the contract, I’d be surprised if it’s any more than £2m.

10 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Last year of his contract I think? I’d be absolutely gobsmacked if we got £3.5m for him. 

you don’t buy the player you buy the contract, I’d be surprised if it’s any more than £2m.

Depending on what our new amortisation policy is, his book value could still be quite high. We're more likely to let him leave on a free than sell for a couple £m now.

His contract will be extended when we're out of embargo anyway.

On 06/08/2021 at 10:21, ollycutts1982 said:

Not really unfortunately no looking at the trialists, none have really ever been prolific. Realistic we need to score 50 to stand a chance. 2 players get 10, 4 players score 5 then you would need 10 from the rest. Is that possible from what we have? Unlikely I’d say. 

CKR - 10

TL - 10

Knight, Joz, Baldock, Aluko, Sibley - 5 (big ask from Joz, Aluko and Sibley isn’t fancied)

Then 5-10 total from the rest of the squad. 

For me it looks a big big ask. 

I will keep the faith though COYR. 

Lawrence will probably hit double figures by virtue of penalties. Morrison could up both Tom and CKRs returns to double figures.

Midfield (relying heavily on Morrison, Knight and Sibley) should hit 15 between them. 5 more from defenders, and 5 more from attackers. Would be struggling to hit 50 though.

It's all relative as goals scored is comparable only to those conceded, and is heavily influenced by chances created - double the number of chances CKR etc get and you should double their return.

On 07/08/2021 at 10:30, Ghost of Clough said:

Depending on what our new amortisation policy is, his book value could still be quite high. We're more likely to let him leave on a free than sell for a couple £m now.

His contract will be extended when we're out of embargo anyway.

Not at his present salary it won't. He'll still end up moving for more than we could offer him next summer.

Just now, Rample said:

Lawrence will probably hit double figures by virtue of penalties. Morrison could up both Tom and CKRs returns to double figures.

Midfield (relying heavily on Morrison, Knight and Sibley) should hit 15 between them. 5 more from defenders, and 5 more from attackers. Would be struggling to hit 50 though.

It's all relative as goals scored is comparable only to those conceded, and is heavily influenced by chances created - double the number of chances CKR etc get and you should double their return.

I like the optimistic view on penalties- we need people in the box with the football on a fairly regular basis to win a fair few of them.

On 08/08/2021 at 12:43, Sparkle said:

I like the optimistic view on penalties- we need people in the box with the football on a fairly regular basis to win a fair few of them.

Or less myopic officials such as Mr Eltringham and the East Stand side lino goon.

Edited by Wolfie20

Take the money for Tom, £££ resources needed!

WBA must see more in him than such as me; it's their money to spend! He'll need a chauffeur.

We might have rehabbed Tom, so good for him if he's a happier chap - and now (apparently) worth something to sell, prior to just  going on a free next summer.

Now Curtis has signed, he can have the armband - then Shinnie or CKR if Curtis is out for a game, or is subbed....

This season is all about trying to stay up any way we can, then hopefully rebuild when there is some (any!) financial stability. So at the moment I'd rather keep him, even if we lose him for nothing in a year. There's currently no indication that if we sold him that we'd be able to use either the money or the wages on a player of similar calibre; in fact there's no indication we'd be able to sign more than one replacement player on 4.5k a year. It feels like a lot of people are simply _hoping_ that the money from a Lawrence or Jozwiak would mean we could bring in several of the remaining triallists and others linked to the club, but what is this based on, really? And other than perhaps a 39 year old Jagielka, how much will they offer? These aren't normal times and I'm with Rooney: we can't afford to be losing senior players. 

Edited by vonwright