Tom Lawrence

Carl Sagan

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I would rather keep him, it’s a massive season for him, trying to get back into the Wales team. If he has a good injury free season, he will win us a few games at least. He has got quality, he just needs to produce it more often and improve his decision making.

Can you name a game since he joined where he has been outstanding? I get tired of people making the statement ‘he’s got quality’ or something like ‘there’s a player there he just needs to produce’. We paid top dollar for him as such I expect him to produce at least an 8/10 performance every week. He hasn’t even produce a 6/10 performance. Sure he has scored a couple of half decent goals but has never persistently produced.

Similar with Pogba, I know these two are light years apart but I get sick of people saying ‘he has potential just needs to produce’. How long can you give someone that excuse for? That’s the whole reason you pay top dollar as you expect them to produce every single week, not for a good game every so often when they feel like it. Same concept applies to Lawrence, we paid a lot of money for him and we pay him a high wage also to produce every week. Something he hasn’t done at all since he has arrived. 

1 minute ago, belperram9 said:

Can you name a game since he joined where he has been outstanding? I get tired of people making the statement ‘he’s got quality’ or something like ‘there’s a player there he just needs to produce’. We paid top dollar for him as such I expect him to produce at least an 8/10 performance every week. He hasn’t even produce a 6/10 performance. Sure he has scored a couple of half decent goals but has never persistently produced.

Similar with Pogba, I know these two are light years apart but I get sick of people saying ‘he has potential just needs to produce’. How long can you give someone that excuse for? That’s the whole reason you pay top dollar as you expect them to produce every single week, not for a good game every so often when they feel like it. Same concept applies to Lawrence, we paid a lot of money for him and we pay him a high wage also to produce every week. Something he hasn’t done at all since he has arrived. 

He was instrumental in keeping us up. Let’s see how he does this season, if he’s here obviously.

1 minute ago, belperram9 said:

We did not pay top dollar has you put it we paid 3 million up front the rest was add on's for various things the majority of which have not been paid. 

Got to love some of the strategic thinkers on here.

Were massively short of attacking players. Hmmm let’s sell one who carries a goal threat because we can spend it on someone better! Double yay!!

Except we can’t can we? We can’t even use it to supplement a better wage offer to free agents.

Actually we’ve weakened ourself. Made relegation even more likely. And can’t effect any positive change to the squad.

I’d trust my tramp to run Derby better than some of of the posters on here ??

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

For 4 games out of 5 my take is we're a better side without him in the team. So it makes sense to sell regardless of whether we can get a replacement. But there are cheap options available if we need. However, I would focus more on a main striker. 

If 4.5k a week is our limit then we won’t get anyone better than Lawrence and certainly not one to be our main striker

2 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Can you name a game since he joined where he has been outstanding?

Yes, quite easily. Huddersfield away first game of the 19/20 season. 

Let me guess, "that was 2 years"

7 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

We paid top dollar for him as such I expect him to produce at least an 8/10 performance every week.

We paid £4m for him, a quarter of what we got for Ince, who didn't produce 8/10 every week. And also here is your problem, you expect him to produce 8/10 performances every week, if he did that he would be at Spurs or Everton or Arsenal. Only the very top players produce 8/10 every week.

9 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

He hasn’t even produce a 6/10 performance.

Complete rubbish. 

10 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Sure he has scored a couple of half decent goals

As is this. 

10 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

but has never persistently produced.

As is this. He was very good under Lampard, people only remember Harry "£50m" Wilson, Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori (not calling them, they were very good) from that season, but Lawrence also had a good season. He also had a good 2nd half to the 19/20 season. 

I’m no huge fan of Lawrence, although seemingly I rate him a lot higher than some on here, but as with Buchanan and Byrne. How can anyone expect to do business with us when we can’t spend any incoming transfer money on replacements? 

Any outgoing would have to be able to cover the significant cost of relegation. Lawrence is one of about 5 players in our team that you could expect 5 or so goals out of over the season. He typically scores goals off his own back too. Not a great amount but when there is literally no alternative then I’d rather him stick around than sold for no replacement. 

Maybe it’s a dubious link but I honestly want to see him score a hat trick vs Huddersfield and whoever else and we receive bids worthy of selling him because currently he will be out of contract at the end of the season and any money coming in will be helpful in many ways and he will just walk away for nothing so sell him in this window - I absolutely see the argument that who can we replace him with but if we balance that with the so many games where he has been missing on the pitch we might actually improve ( Jozwiak is better on the left apparently) 

2 hours ago, belperram9 said:

If true and WBA are interested I would get rid in a flash. Absolutely for me one of the worst signings we have made. What has he ever realistically done in a Derby shirt? Persistently inconsistent, thinks he is Ronaldo and tries knuckle balls from about 60 yards out that are hopeless. Has no pace, constantly fouls and gets carded. He is rubbish, a fraud. 
The fact he is our captain now is also ludicrous, it makes no sense at all. I have never ever ever seen any captain qualities, quite the opposite in fact. I bet he is one of our top earners as well as he came when Mel was throwing money about. He’s had one decent half a season at Ipswich… what has he done prior and since that? Nothing. Cash in and use the money for what ever is needed. Jesus this club is a shambles. 

One of the worst signings we have made? You must be new to being a Derby fan… my first worse than Tom Lawrence signing: Mikkel Beck.

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe it’s a dubious link but I honestly want to see him score a hat trick vs Huddersfield and whoever else and we receive bids worthy of selling him because currently he will be out of contract at the end of the season and any money coming in will be helpful in many ways and he will just walk away for nothing so sell him in this window - I absolutely see the argument that who can we replace him with but if we balance that with the so many games where he has been missing on the pitch we might actually improve ( Jozwiak is better on the left apparently) 

Only Bird, Knight, Sibley, Bielik and Jozwiak are contracted beyond this season (due to embargo restrictions). Using your logic we should sell everyone other than those 5 ?

There is no one we can currently sign who would be an improvement on Lawrence.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Only Bird, Knight, Sibley, Bielik and Jozwiak are contracted beyond this season (due to embargo restrictions). Using your logic we should sell everyone other than those 5 ?

There is no one we can currently sign who would be an improvement on Lawrence.

Unless we already have them - I am an optimist things can change quickly in football 

2 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Got to love some of the strategic thinkers on here.

Were massively short of attacking players. Hmmm let’s sell one who carries a goal threat because we can spend it on someone better! Double yay!!

Except we can’t can we? We can’t even use it to supplement a better wage offer to free agents.

Actually we’ve weakened ourself. Made relegation even more likely. And can’t effect any positive change to the squad.

I’d trust my tramp to run Derby better than some of of the posters on here ??

Can you please refrain from making a logical and clearly thought through comment.