Tom Lawrence

Carl Sagan

I don’t rate Lawrence at all. He’s probably dynamite in training when there is no pressure and the intensity is at 70%, but during games he struggles to see the bigger picture half the time and that’s what lets him down.

Saying that, we won’t find a better player than him under the current restrictions. So selling him makes zero sense unless it’s a question of starving off administration or something drastic like that.

3 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Got to love some of the strategic thinkers on here.

Were massively short of attacking players. Hmmm let’s sell one who carries a goal threat because we can spend it on someone better! Double yay!!

Except we can’t can we? We can’t even use it to supplement a better wage offer to free agents.

Actually we’ve weakened ourself. Made relegation even more likely. And can’t effect any positive change to the squad.

I’d trust my tramp to run Derby better than some of of the posters on here ??

Well said! I hope he isn't going anywhere given the circumstances the club are in.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t rate Lawrence at all. He’s probably dynamite in training when there is no pressure and the intensity is at 70%, but during games he struggles to see the bigger picture half the time and that’s what lets him down.

Saying that, we won’t find a better player than him under the current restrictions. So selling him makes zero sense unless it’s a question of starving off administration or something drastic like that.

I think a team devoid of assists and goals would miss his contribution when he returned from injury at the end of last season……

Lawrence is an average championship winger when you aggregate his numbers across his years here. He's had one good season where he did get into double figures goals wise and that's been about it. A classic case of us overpaying in fee and I'm sure in wages for second tier mediocrity. Unfortunately, we're in a position where second tier mediocrity means he's likely the best attacking player we have on the books. It'd be madness to sell him now because we're simply not in a position to get anything better or just as good for less money. 

Yeah we can’t sell Lawrence, he’s the only one who’s likely to hit double figures goals and assists 

Agreed that it’s gutting that he will probably leave for nothing next year when he could be a 5 plus million pound asset but, if we get relegated to League 1 because we sell him now, we will lose far more 

Let’s sell everyone, get relegated with a new owner and manager and let’s start again! 

The club is toxic and the likes of Lawrence, Rooney, and Morris are at the core! The fact Lawrence has been given the captains armband says it all! 

The likes of Norwich are what we need to look at! Delia Smith has nowhere near the wealth of Mel Morris, however they have managed to evolve by ridding the likes of Hoolahan, Howson, and Johnson, and started a fresh with a new manager, with a forward thinking sporting director. And when I look at us who do we bring in……. Steve Mac! 

Cmon we deserve better than this!! 

I think he gets unfairly called out & is one of our better players.

im not on the wind up 

We looked better with him in the side than without him. He can be inconsistant which is frustrating But if he wasn't he wouldn't be playing for us. 

There isnt anyone better than him in his position at the club. Im not sure why people want rid of him. To get rid would weaken us. Makes no sense  

On 03/08/2021 at 20:03, belperram9 said:

If true and WBA are interested I would get rid in a flash. Absolutely for me one of the worst signings we have made. What has he ever realistically done in a Derby shirt? Persistently inconsistent, thinks he is Ronaldo and tries knuckle balls from about 60 yards out that are hopeless. Has no pace, constantly fouls and gets carded. He is rubbish, a fraud. 
The fact he is our captain now is also ludicrous, it makes no sense at all. I have never ever ever seen any captain qualities, quite the opposite in fact. I bet he is one of our top earners as well as he came when Mel was throwing money about. He’s had one decent half a season at Ipswich… what has he done prior and since that? Nothing. Cash in and use the money for what ever is needed. Jesus this club is a shambles. 

Nonsense in my opinion. I don't even think he'd be in the top 50 worst signings in the last 20 years 

Andy Griffin, bob malcolm, jon macken, danny mills, clod davis, eddie lewis, craig fagen, jordon stuart, nick blackman, jacob butterfield, liam dickenson, paul connelly, albentosa, pereplotkins, blessing kaku, efe ambrose, earnshaw

Thats just off the top of my head. He gets unfairly criticised in my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Nonsense in my opinion. I don't even think he'd be in the top 50 worst signings in the last 20 years 

Andy Griffin, bob malcolm, jon macken, danny mills, clod davis, eddie lewis, craig fagen, jordon stuart, nick blackman, jacob butterfield, liam dickenson, paul connelly, albentosa, pereplotkins, blessing kaku, efe ambrose, earnshaw

Dreadful list that is 

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Since 2015, only Tom ince and Johnny Russell have scored over 5 goals consistently from the wing other than lawrence and Russell done it 3 seasons and failed 2 seasons , so he is unfairly treated In my opinion too , he had his worst season stats wise this season but let's be honest everyone did ?‍♂️

Correct. And let's not forget how unthreatening we were without him when he was out injured.

The inconsistent tag gets thrown around a lot with him, and it has been so often with our creative players over the years and shocker, they're Championship wingers. Nature of the beast. If you're asked to be the main creative force and make things happen, some weeks you're going to be a bit crap.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Correct. And let's not forget how unthreatening we were without him when he was out injured.

The inconsistent tag gets thrown around a lot with him, and it has been so often with our creative players over the years and shocker, they're Championship wingers. Nature of the beast. If you're asked to be the main creative force and make things happen, some weeks you're going to be a bit crap.

If he was constantly hitting double figures he would of been gone a few seasons ago , he's the best we have currently and I think he is definitely the kind of player that needs an arm round him for confidence, I'll be cheering him on from the East stand on Saturday ???

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

Let’s be honest if we can find a way of getting Joz and Lawrence playing and on form that will be a big plus for us. 

On paper if they were on form that's a very good set of wingers , trouble is even if they are on form it's unlikely they'll have anyone prolific to feed , love Colin but he's not likely to get more than last year ?‍♂️  so it's wether Stretton,  plange or cybulksi make the step up this year ?‍♂️

11 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

On paper if they were on form that's a very good set of wingers , trouble is even if they are on form it's unlikely they'll have anyone prolific to feed , love Colin but he's not likely to get more than last year ?‍♂️  so it's wether Stretton,  plange or cybulksi make the step up this year ?‍♂️

Looking at the squad we will need to spread the goals out but a just cannot see where they will come from. You could expect 10 each from CKR and TL but then that still needs a hell of a lot more to make up the rest. 

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF