The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'm assuming at this point in time that @David, unlike the rest of us, has a life.

Yes and it’s not all a bed of roses judging by the accounts of his brother in laws problems I read about in the D & A thread in the Jim Smith room.

I hope nobody from here has given him grief despite reading that because that’s major stuff he’s dealing with there.

Listening to Radio Derby, still none the wiser about what was said last night other than Mels trying to sell and please don’t protest. Seems more and more last night was just Mel trying to tell everyone how bad it is for him. I hope others have more info than this Jim bloke 

Edited by TexasRam

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Unless the EFL and the Club come to an agreement.

Yep, that's why I said that issues 'haven't yet been resolved'....

If the EFL want to devalue their product and force Derby to field an inadequate team (as they were required to do in the FA Cup), then they can do. Hopefully there is a will on both sides to resolve matters, at least temporarily!

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Listening to Radio Derby, still none the wiser about what was said last night other than Mels trying to sell and please don’t protest. Seems more and more last night was just Mel trying to tell everyone how bad it is for him. I hope others have more info the this Jim bloke 

Yeah I wouldn’t say I know anything knew to what I new on Tuesday. I’m not really sure what I expected mel to say anyway in all honesty. I guess just some positive news about signings would have been nice! 

Edited by Ramos

1 minute ago, Woodypecker said:

Yep, that's why I said that issues 'haven't yet been resolved'....

If the EFL want to devalue their product and force Derby to field an inadequate team (as they were required to do in the FA Cup), then they can do. Hopefully there is a will on both sides to resolve matters, at least temporarily!

It will be interesting if they call the game off because Huddersfield have a Coronavirus outbreak. When the same courtesy was not afforded to us against Chorley and they have done absolutely nothing to cooperate with us over transfers.

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Listening to Radio Derby, still none the wiser about what was said last night other than Mels trying to sell and please don’t protest. Seems more and more last night was just Mel trying to tell everyone how bad it is for him. I hope others have more info than this Jim bloke 

Jim sounds like he’s Mel’s new PR person!

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Listening to Radio Derby, still none the wiser about what was said last night other than Mels trying to sell and please don’t protest. Seems more and more last night was just Mel trying to tell everyone how bad it is for him. I hope others have more info the this Jim bloke 

It's quite bizarre for Jim at RamsTrust to say Mel can't give press interviews due to a NDA, yet is happy enough for Jim himself to do press while subject to a similar agreement!

You couldn't make this shizzle up.

4 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

It will be interesting if they call the game off because Huddersfield have a Coronavirus outbreak. When the same courtesy was not afforded to us against Chorley and they have done absolutely nothing to cooperate with us over transfers.

That would mean that DCFC & HTFC would likely be immediately resident in the bottom three, which wouldn't be desirable - but would give us more time to 'negotiate' with the EFL and obtain blessed permission to sign some players!

1 minute ago, Woodypecker said:

That would mean that DCFC & HTFC would likely be immediately resident in the bottom three, which wouldn't be desirable - but would give us more time to 'negotiate' with the EFL and obtain blessed permission to sign some players!

Think it would be the best outcome at this point. Extra time to negotiate and EFL displays it’s double standards for all to see.

10 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Only thing I got from that RD call that I didn’t know as such is Mel can’t fund the club for much longer…. Said only ‘short term’ whatever short term is.

meaning administration could be on the cards?

must have missed that yet I listened to it all

Found the RD interview pretty interesting, more because of what was not said than what was said.

My take on it, my thoughts after I've looked at what is in the public domain.

I posted a while back about what I'd heard re: an American consortium taking over, I have heard nothing to suggest that this is no longer the case.

I've experience of dealing with due diligence for American companies, and boy do they love an NDA personally I've signed around a dozen, and what Mel couldn't talk of last night leads me (hopes) to believe that the silence through official channels is as a result of an NDA between Mel/DCFC and the consortium. The NDA between the club and bidders will also be separate and differ to the one between Mel and the fans groups last night.

I understand that a  lot of us are upset/frustrated/disappointed/angry and it's only human nature to want to point the finger and find someone to blame, but I'm hoping that it's more a question of cannot rather than will not when it comes to the lack of direct engagement with the fanbase.

I'd also suggest that the consortium are waiting for the accounts and actual level of debt to be finalised before moving forward, as I understand the accounts have to be submitted at latest in 13 days, so I reckon that it's more end of month/transfer window rather than start of season before we see proper movement.

I know we all want answers ASAP, but it might just be a question of wait out on this and when there is news then there is news.

I'd also ask that we remember what we have in common, that we are all Derby and want the best for the club, my view is that sniping at each other, different groups, posters and dismissing with terms such as wrist slashers or happy clappers does nothing good bar possibly making you feel better for a few second., Whilst people may have a different view debate is good, sarcasm, anger abuse in my view is not. I feel the club, with the dire straights we are in, need the fanbase to step up show why we are amongst the best in the country and support the club, manager and players during what is going to be a testing season.

Jesus, I've rambled a lot for a post that is just my opinion and not fact. Sorry.

COYR

4 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

@Eatonram looks like I wasn’t the only one who heard it

Does sound like he's really not happy with having to keep funding them after being let down with takeovers atleast 3 times , suppose if you want out of a business and you're forced to keep paying out I can understand,  but most of it is his own doing by the sounds of it