When support is needed most

Eatonram

Not surprisingly support increases when a team is doing well, just remember the heady days of 2014 when Pride Park was filled to the rafters...."Since I was young" bouncing off the roof.......

Ironically we are in a hole, the polar opposite situation and I suppose many supporters will...."stop supporting"

As a fan base, have we got the metal and love for the RAMS that the club is going to need over the next year or two. We often talk of our fantastic support, well we'll see. I rather suspect it will turn out not to be as solid or loyal as we often believe.

As @Rammy03said, as long as the players are putting in maximum effort win, lose or draw they’ll always have support from the stands. It’s the people at the top who I, like many, are sick to the stomach with.

I’m by no means Wayne Rooney’s biggest fan, and ultimately don’t think he’ll be the man to take this club forward in the long term, but the people above him are giving him absolutely no chance of succeeding in the job.

WR said in his post-match interview/presser after the Sheffield Wednesday game that circumstances HAD to change from that evening onwards. Two months on, we’re in the exact same position. You could argue that it’s even worse, as the squad is even more depleted since the loanees returned to their parents club and with others being released.

How has this been allowed to continue?

After scraping survival by the skin of our teeth the season before, we’re now heading into an Championship season with no recognised central defenders contracted to the club.

We’re a football club that’s in complete freefall and theres no signs coming out of the club that will end any time soon. MM and SP deserve every bit of criticism (not abuse, let’s make that clear) heading their way. It’s shocking management and the sooner they both move on, only then will this club move in the right direction.

40 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Not surprisingly support increases when a team is doing well, just remember the heady days of 2014 when Pride Park was filled to the rafters...."Since I was young" bouncing off the roof.......

Ironically we are in a hole, the polar opposite situation and I suppose many supporters will...."stop supporting"

As a fan base, have we got the metal and love for the RAMS that the club is going to need over the next year or two. We often talk of our fantastic support, well we'll see. I rather suspect it will turn out not to be as solid or loyal as we often believe.

It’ll go back to the 14/15k loyal support, used to see it all the time at the BBG when things got tough.  Other than financially not a bad thing IMO. COYR?

42 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I feel we have an hardcore of @ 20 k and most will turn up regardless of the dross on offer. I actually find the atmosphere is better than with a full house when things go badly. The hardcore are more accepting of adversity, whereas the “glory” fans seem to turn nasty when adversity strikes. You won’t see the “glory” fans this season though and the hardcore will be pretty silent. It’s going to be a 9 month wake at PP this season, assuming we can complete it

10 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

I feel we have an hardcore of @ 20 k and most will turn up regardless of the dross on offer. I actually find the atmosphere is better than with a full house when things go badly. The hardcore are more accepting of adversity, whereas the “glory” fans seem to turn nasty when adversity strikes. You won’t see the “glory” fans this season though and the hardcore will be pretty silent. It’s going to be a 9 month wake at PP this season, assuming we can complete it

It's Derby county,I've never seen glory in the 30 odd years I've supported them!!!

3 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Maybe this is both a solution and a problem.

If fans are too loyal, then I guess that this can result in lower standards. 

I have continued to support the club by purchasing a ST last season and am still paying a sum each month for Rams TV. However my loyalty is now being tested by the lack of communication. How much does it cost to send out an email to ST holders? Uncertainty for the future may make content vague but with two weeks to go the silence is unacceptable and will ultimately cost the club.

5 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

I have continued to support the club by purchasing a ST last season and am still paying a sum each month for Rams TV. However my loyalty is now being tested by the lack of communication. How much does it cost to send out an email to ST holders? Uncertainty for the future may make content vague but with two weeks to go the silence is unacceptable and will ultimately cost the club.

I thought there'd been a communication by Pearce about matches being purchased ticket by ticket? What more can be said when the situation is changing constantly. Will all fans need a 'vaccine passport' do you know?

14 hours ago, Eatonram said:

We need our supporters more than ever. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Will all fans need a 'vaccine passport' do you know?

Bit on the news this morning implied any attendances at any club over 20K will need passport or exemption.

Kicks in mid September I think. Obvious attempt to push more youngsters to get the jab.

Frankly the thought of sitting in front of my last foul mouthed, spittal spewing, Pride Park "companion", jabbed or not is downright scary.  

Edited by FindernRam
Added comment

13 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Especially after COVID, I imagine many people are in the same boat as I am... and by that I mean: will support the team through thick and thin, but won't pay good money to watch rubbish.

How would you define "supporting the team through thick and thin"?

I go, regardless of which division we're in and the quality of football being played and believe me I've watched far more dross than entertaining stuff in the last 42 years.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

How would you define "supporting the team through thick and thin"?

I go, regardless of which division we're in and the quality of football being played and believe me I've watched far more dross than entertaining stuff in the last 42 years.

Obviously in this instance support doesn't include attending matches.