When support is needed most

Eatonram

25 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Bit on the news this morning implied any attendances at any club over 20K will need passport or exemption.

Kicks in mid September I think. Obvious attempt to push more youngsters to get the jab.

Frankly the thought of sitting in front of my last foul mouthed, spittal spewing, Pride Park "companion", jabbed or not is downright scary.  

Why do you make your missus sit behind you?

I thought that the support was decent yesterday given everything that is happening atm, the moans and groans did start to take more precedence in the second half but wasn't abusive more out of frustration that we don't seem to have progressed playing style wise from last season and still seem intent to play a million ten yard crab like passes between goalkeeper and back 4 without actually getting anywhere. 

My support is unconditional. I became a Ram at 4 years old & I’m 56 now. Derby County has been a constant in my life. I think I’m a patient fan and have faith in the Club.

That said I am now extremely concerned following WR’s post-match comments and I’m really hoping we get some fresh communication from MM & SP in the next 48 hours. Wayne said the pride and dignity has gone from the Club so regardless of the current situation the Club needs to say something rallying to give us something to hold on to. 
The name of Derby County has been battered in the media, and frequently unfairly. I want the Club to hit back now and refute our so-called perilous state, because saying nothing now gives silent approbation to the very negative stuff that’s flying around. 

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

My support is unconditional. I became a Ram at 4 years old & I’m 56 now. Derby County has been a constant in my life. I think I’m a patient fan and have faith in the Club.

That said I am now extremely concerned following WR’s post-match comments and I’m really hoping we get some fresh communication from MM & SP in the next 48 hours. Wayne said the pride and dignity has gone from the Club so regardless of the current situation the Club needs to say something rallying to give us something to hold on to. 
The name of Derby County has been battered in the media, and frequently unfairly. I want the Club to hit back now and refute our so-called perilous state, because saying nothing now gives silent approbation to the very negative stuff that’s flying around. 

Totally agree ?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I thought that the support was decent yesterday given everything that is happening atm, the moans and groans did start to take more precedence in the second half but wasn't abusive more out of frustration that we don't seem to have progressed playing style wise from last season and still seem intent to play a million ten yard crab like passes between goalkeeper and back 4 without actually getting anywhere. 

We do need to up the tempo .

Though Max Bird played well though yesterday.

Good on you for going to the game mate. 

I am looking forward to the Betis game 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good post Ellafella. I agree with you re Rooney’s comment which I hadn’t read or heard. I immediately thought Christ, Wayne, steady on son, you’re biting the hand that feeds you there. Then I remembered 32 Red are the hand that feeds him so I thank him for his candour.

What a sad state of affairs when the manager of a football club feels the need to use the words the pride and dignity has gone from this club...

Which brings me to your other point, I am of the belief any fresh communication from MM or SP (especially SP) would be no more than lip service “this’ll keep ‘em quiet” guff. If Pearce told me tomorrow was Monday I’d still go and check.

We all have pride in the club itself, the badge (I love that bloody badge) the history, the players who have wowed us through the years but can anyone actually say, hand on heart, they are proud of how this club has been run ? Especially in the last two years ? I can’t see any statement from either of the two main protagonists who are the catalysts of our current state being worth the paper they’d draft it on. And that makes me sad.

9 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

I have continued to support the club by purchasing a ST last season and am still paying a sum each month for Rams TV. However my loyalty is now being tested by the lack of communication. How much does it cost to send out an email to ST holders? Uncertainty for the future may make content vague but with two weeks to go the silence is unacceptable and will ultimately cost the club.

Hey buddy there a membership you can buy it reduce tickets and travel costs I am assuming it will cover home games as well.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Good post Ellafella. I agree with you re Rooney’s comment which I hadn’t read or heard. I immediately thought Christ, Wayne, steady on son, you’re biting the hand that feeds you there. Then I remembered 32 Red are the hand that feeds him so I thank him for his candour.

What a sad state of affairs when the manager of a football club feels the need to use the words the pride and dignity has gone from this club...

Which brings me to your other point, I am of the belief any fresh communication from MM or SP (especially SP) would be no more than lip service “this’ll keep ‘em quiet” guff. If Pearce told me tomorrow was Monday I’d still go and check.

We all have pride in the club itself, the badge (I love that bloody badge) the history, the players who have wowed us through the years but can anyone actually say, hand on heart, they are proud of how this club has been run ? Especially in the last two years ? I can’t see any statement from either of the two main protagonists who are the catalysts of our current state being worth the paper they’d draft it on. And that makes me sad.

I am always pround Derby supporter good times and the bad times my love for Derby shall never die.

5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

How would you define "supporting the team through thick and thin"?

I go, regardless of which division we're in and the quality of football being played and believe me I've watched far more dross than entertaining stuff in the last 42 years.

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Obviously in this instance support doesn't include attending matches. 

As @angieram says, I define it as still being passionate about the Rams regardless of division... but not podding out £30+ per game to attend, especially when performances aren't great. If that makes me a 'glory fan' then I guess I'm a 'glory fan'.

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

On 25/07/2021 at 11:15, Ellafella said:

….and breathe. Good to hear/read the Chris Coles tweets tonight. Now on to Wednesday’s friendly in far more upbeat mood. Well done WR for your post-match Salford comments. ?

On 24/07/2021 at 19:27, Charlie George said:

Don't underestimate the strength of fan power. Sadly though there's a distinct lack of anger towards Melvyn on the basis he's one of our own. He's killed the club - we should be running him out the club. 

Harsh.  Yes, he’s clearly made mistakes but they were made trying to get us to the Premier League.  There were some who voiced concerns when he was spending big but the majority did the opposite. Many of the spending mistakes came from the managers in place at the time - if the players were right then we may have been promoted (yes, I know Mel made the appointments).  Mel gambled without a doubt and we are suffering big style now but his intentions for the club were that of a supporter.  He needs to fix the mess and I’m sure that’s what he’s trying to do

7 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Did he really say that?

What does that even mean?

Yes he did.

It means the players have lost the sense of pride because Derby County has become a byword for cheating, fiddling, escaping relegation by foul means etc. Because nobody is standing up for the Club. The dignity has gone because we haven’t answered our critics…so well said Wayne because it’s prompted the Club to respond. See Chris Coles post.

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Yes he did.

It means the players have lost the sense of pride because Derby County has become a byword for cheating, fiddling, escaping relegation by foul means etc. Because nobody is standing up for the Club. The dignity has gone because we haven’t answered our critics…so well said Wayne because it’s prompted the Club to respond. See Chris Coles post.

How ironic, if Rooney then went on to undermine pride and dignity. Maybe that was part of the reason for his behaviour. If he does not believe that the club embodies pride and dignity, why should he?

I did see positives in Chris Coles' tweets, which were posted on the forum. And my plaudits to him!

But, when you say that the "club responded" - did they actually? I cannot deny being frustrated - because the club did not actually respond. If the club had responded, they would have made a statement, and could have asked David if he would post a copy on the forum.