When support is needed most

Eatonram

2 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

How ironic, if Rooney then went on to undermine pride and dignity. Maybe that was part of the reason for his behaviour. If he does not believe that the club embodies pride and dignity, why should he?

I did see positives in Chris Coles' tweets, which were posted on the forum. And my plaudits to him!

But, when you say that the "club responded" - did they actually? I cannot deny being frustrated - because the club did not actually respond. If the club had responded, they would have made a statement, and could have asked David if he would post a copy on the forum.

Splitting hairs? They spoke to Chris Coles who is a journalist rather than @Davidwho is not a journalist. The point is, suddenly we had communication. 

Hmmm. I was splitting hairs, but they may be important hairs.

I do not know with whom Chris Coles spoke. Was the news from contacts who work in the back office, who had overheard some stuff.

How do we know how accurate it was? How do we know if Chris Coles got the wrong end of the stick?

Should the club also issue statements? Should it seek to engage with this forum?

The BBC has a wide range of listeners. The forum is full of Derby County fans. To what degree should the club be trying to engage and update a known group of fans directly - or being content for confirmation to be leaked out by a journalist - and for us to read it on overlapping screen shots of tweets.

The tweets were not an interview. The club has a big media team.

And those screenshots of tweets might have been immediately deleted by moderators - and not seen by any of us - because there was no way of knowing if they were accurate.

I think that my original comment was that the tweets seemed like good news ... and I tried to say something along the lines that I had felt a little  disappointed that the information had not been shared directly with the fans' forum.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Splitting hairs? They spoke to Chris Coles who is a journalist rather than @Davidwho is not a journalist. The point is, suddenly we had communication. 

Edited by Ken Tram

2 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Hmmm. I was splitting hairs, but they may be important hairs.

I do not know with whom Chris Coles spoke. Was the news from contacts who work in the back office, who had overheard some stuff.

How do we know how accurate it was? How do we know if Chris Coles got the wrong end of the stick?

Should the club also issue statements? Should it seek to engage with this forum?

The BBC has a wide range of listeners. The forum is full of Derby County fans. To what degree should the club be trying to engage and update a known group of fans directly - or being content for confirmation to be leaked out by a journalist - and for us to read it on overlapping screen shots of tweets.

The tweets were not an interview. The club has a big media team.

And those screenshots of tweets might have been immediately deleted by moderators - and not seen by any of us - because there was no way of knowing if they were accurate.

I think that my original comment was that the tweets seemed like good news ... and I tried to say something along the lines that I had felt a little  disappointed that the information had not been shared directly with the fans' forum.

Ok. No worries. ?