Summary of players who have signed ...

Ken Tram

Would anyone who knows, kindly list all of the players who are on trial, which if any who have been signed, and maybe also those who have left?

I cannot see a thread where I can go to see the big picture of who is in the frame ... 

Out of contract but still hanging about:
Curtis Davies
Andre Wisdom

Currently on trial:
Ryan Allsop
Phil Jagielka
Richard Stearman
Ravel Morrison
Tom Carroll
Sone Aluko
Sam Baldock

No ins for the senior team, so far

Players with senior appearances that have left:
Jack Marriott (to Peterborough)
Martyn Waghorn (to Coventry)
Scott Carson (to Man City)
Scott Malone (to Millwall)
Cameron Cresswell
Jahmal Hector-Ingram
Florian Jozefzoon
Jonathan Mitchell
Jayden Mitchell-Lawson
Jordon Ibe

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mental to see the players who have left and the EFL will allow us to bring 4 in ?

In fairness, there aren’t 4 players who could be classed as regulars amongst that group.

Clarke, Wisdom and Waghorn.  After that, it’s bit part players, and even Waghorn struggled to cement a place.

We just need to make sure that the 4 we do sign can be dependable 40 game a season types…

1 hour ago, maydrakin said:

In fairness, there aren’t 4 players who could be classed as regulars amongst that group.

Clarke, Wisdom and Waghorn.  After that, it’s bit part players, and even Waghorn struggled to cement a place.

We just need to make sure that the 4 we do sign can be dependable 40 game a season types…

Yes fair point, Morrison could be a good player, providing Rooney can keep him focused and engaged. In fact I have a feeling we could have a bit of a talent on our hands as we will be forced to play him we are that short.

His head seems to drop when he is dropped often.

40 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Honestly, I feel more confident with our potential squad starting this season than last. Last seasons pre-season was a joke set-up and mostly done with kids due to injuries etc. Shoot me down but I feel like we will start the season decently.

I strongly disagree. I think we were all optimistic about our situation 12 months ago. We had signed the likes of Jozwiak and Ibe. The lack of a striker was disconcerting, but we still had our top goalscorer - Waghorn - contracted to the club. Mike Te Wierik and Matt Clarke were signed up. David Marshall and Nathan Byrne too. Also, at that point, we had just finished 10th in the league thanks to some outstanding performances from Louie Sibley towards the back end of the season. It was like the second coming of Giles Barnes. 

It didn't go anything like we suspected. Jozwiak didn't make nearly the impact we thought he would, Ibe barely touched the field. MTW was awful from the get go. Marshall started very well but later got bogged down with the tripe infront of him. Rooney decided to stop moving and play manager. The best signing we made, ironically, was the one that no one wanted - Kazim-Richards. We barely stayed in the division. 

This season we have roughly 2 weeks until the season starts, no centre backs on the books. The embargo means we are really able to sign players no one else wants, at this level, unless Rooney can pull in some favours with loan moves. We currently have only one player who scored more than 5 goals in the team going into the season. By all accounts, we are about in as bad of a situation as you can possibly get, plus we still don't know if we will receive a point deduction this season and won't until the accounts and P&S are posted. I'd imagine as we are dragging it out that all roads lead to yes, but who knows. We would be able to get rid of the bloody embargo if we could get our affairs in order - and they WERE in order. 

All that being said: we have definitely quashed expectation. We were one of the favourites for a promotion run last season. Now, we're the 4th from bottom favourites for promotion - with no option to bet on our relegation because of the potential point deduction we may face. We are effectively posted as the 4th worst team in the division from the off. I think that does help and ultimately it could lead to some teams taking their eye off the ball early doors against us - perhaps resting a few players as we're seen as an easy 3 points. We've not had that luxury too often. Well, aside from Swansea, who still dicked us with their second string last season. 

You make some valid points but the fact we are having a complete pre-season with a solid unit of players (knowing Davies and Wisdom are staying to reduce the CB fear) means I honestly think we are stronger. I called a terrible season out last year after the awful pre-season and whilst I obviously didn’t expect the full circus sideshow as we experienced, we are now more realistically set for mid table than last.

p.s Joswiak will thrive with a crowd

6 hours ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Honestly, I feel more confident with our potential squad starting this season than last. Last seasons pre-season was a joke set-up and mostly done with kids due to injuries etc. Shoot me down but I feel like we will start the season decently.

Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

The end of the season hardly fills me with confidence, even with stability off the field (clearly there’s not) id be worried. The two combined is a recipe for disaster I fear.

Edited by Ramslad1992
Wonky text

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I strongly disagree. I think we were all optimistic about our situation 12 months ago.

I certainly wasn't. We had a thin squad back then and were letting senior players go without replacements. Terrible pre season as well. I wasn't all that surprised that we had a bad start and it fell apart with Cocu.

I remember a lot of optimism 12 months ago, myself included.

a lot of that, admittedly, was hype around Sibley and Jozwiak (for myself) and some lesser hype around Bird.

This season, I must admit, my optimism is at an all time low going into a season. But it’s an extremely random game so I’m hoping we might surprise ourselves

Might as well hope

I think last pre-season was unique because it was so truncated, but we didn't exactly end season 2019 - 2020 on a high so I think there was a certain amount of trepidation. 

This season is really about retrenchment and scraping by. A new strategy is needed but it seems we are unlikely to get one without a change of ownership. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think we were all optimistic about our situation 12 months ago. We had signed the likes of Jozwiak and Ibe. The lack of a striker was disconcerting, but we still had our top goalscorer - Waghorn - contracted to the club.

Mike Te Wierik and Matt Clarke were signed up. David Marshall and Nathan Byrne too. Also, at that point, we had just finished 10th in the league thanks to some outstanding performances from Louie Sibley towards the back end of the season. It was like the second coming of Giles Barnes. 

It didn't go anything like we suspected. Jozwiak didn't make nearly the impact we thought he would, Ibe barely touched the field. MTW was awful from the get go. Marshall started very well but later got bogged down with the tripe infront of him. Rooney decided to stop moving and play manager. The best signing we made, ironically, was the one that no one wanted - Kazim-Richards. We barely stayed in the division. 

Expectations were higher than the bottom six, but more out of hope that Cocu would find his feet than anything else.

Anyone who had watched our last 6-7 games of the previous season and the pre-season games could see the warning signs that were present. A struggle looked almost inevitable.

I don’t recall a lot of optimism. We were crying out for goals in attack and creativity from midfield, the inability to address this overshadowed the entire window. It might do so again.

Edited by Jourdan

41 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Anyone who had watched our last 6-7 games of the previous season and the pre-season games could see the warning signs that were present. A struggle looked almost inevitable.

My feelings entirely. The squad also got smaller as we never replaced outgoing senior players.

I’m not starting a thread because it’s the most unsubstantiated rumour I’ve heard 3rd hand and have no clue on the legitimacy - other than I’m inclined to say it’s BS - but I’m passing it on anyway because I love a vicious rumour spreading like wildfire… heard Jack Wilshere now training with us. 

18 minutes ago, Srg said:

I’m not starting a thread because it’s the most unsubstantiated rumour I’ve heard 3rd hand and have no clue on the legitimacy - other than I’m inclined to say it’s BS - but I’m passing it on anyway because I love a vicious rumour spreading like wildfire… heard Jack Wilshere now training with us. 

One of my best mates is a Bournemouth ST holder and says he was awful for them….

37 minutes ago, Srg said:

Known by Wet Spam fans as Jack Wheelchair 

10 hours ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Last summer some of us were depressed about the departure of he who must not be mentioned so anything compared to those depths of total despair is a bonus! And we have CKR