Krystian Bielik

RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

There is no guarantee he could hold down a place in a team at a higher level at the moment. He'd be far better staying with us and getting regular game time whilst working his way back up to full strength. 

Theres no guarantee his knees wont fall to bits for the third time either. 

He's missed massive chunks of consecutive seasons now. If we get the chance to recoup the our outlay on him then I think we should take it.

He's a hell of a player when fit, but he's got more than a whiff of the George Thorne about him.

17 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

There is no guarantee he could hold down a place in a team at a higher level at the moment. He'd be far better staying with us and getting regular game time whilst working his way back up to full strength. 

The only thing you can't guarantee with him is he stays fit.

But if he is fit, he would comfortably walk into any team in the Championship.

Bloke's a Rolls Royce.

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Bloke's a Rolls Royce.

We can't afford a Rolls Royce especially one that  regularly needs new parts.  We'll probably trade him in for some cash and a couple of reliable Volvos that keep running under constant abuse.

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Bloke's a Rolls Royce.

Rolls Royce!  He just about rolls down one hill, and canardly get up the next.

69D60B7A-F1E7-4958-AA99-7BE2203C4DE8.png

If Bielik needs to go to a team higher than League 1 to go to the World Cup then so be it, as long as the Poland manager and Bieliks agent can find someone to stump up enough cash for him, if not then its only them standing in his way of not going to the World Cup, not the club.

If we were top of League and he played every minute of every game and was our best it would be ridiculous if they didnt take him, how would that be much worse than playing for them this season when we were bottom? Literally could be 1 or 2 places difference in league position

Edited by DCFC1388

It does make sense to shift Bielik on, predominantly for his sake and where he is in his career and where we currently sit in the EFL pyramid. 

I'm just not sure what kind of offers we will get. We owe a ton of money for him and then you have to consider his asset value on our books and how that impacts matters going forward. It's a mess all round. I feel for Bielik too - I doubt he envisage playing in League One going into the peak of his career, through no fault of his own, but the deal has to make sense for us too. 

I think in the current market no one is going to be spending the kind of money that it will take to sign him. By that, I mean enough money to leave us in not a huge deficit to Arsenal for what we paid. Also, I don't blame the Poland manager for wanting more for his player than the third division of English football. I'm sure if we can work something out reasonable for all parties then we won't stop him from going. 

i think he'd do well at CB in a lower prem team. Dont think hes got the legs ( deffo not got the knees) for midfield in the prem.)

In our current position and with so many talented players in that position i think itd be worth selling him ( If we can get the money!)

He still has a lot to prove. He needs physical and performance consistency. I appreciate his awful injuries have had a big impact on his career but unfortunately being fit and strong is a requirement not an option. 

Didn't he get loaned out from Arsenal to league 1 Charlton before he came to us? As I say in my opinion he still needs a good solid impressive season with us before any big money moves.

Poland manager wants Beilik to play a better standard of football than 3rd tier. But who would pay for in injury prone defensive midfielder when yo can get Joe Rothwell for free. D M and dead ball expert- 10 assists this season and gets stuck in. Looks like will will end up taking another financial hit.

4 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Poland manager wants Beilik to play a better standard of football than 3rd tier. But who would pay for in injury prone defensive midfielder when yo can get Joe Rothwell for free. D M and dead ball expert- 10 assists this season and gets stuck in. Looks like will will end up taking another financial hit.

Understand and accept the Poland managers view, not a problem.

Had he played the full 21/22 season, would be a different story, but he's still in that proving himself stage that makes it difficult to see a club making an offer we can't refuse.

With 2 years left on his contract, we're not in any immediate rush to sell either. 

If Bielik does leave the club this summer, I can see it being on loan where his wages are covered 100% and he wants out. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Had he played the full 21/22 season, would be a different story, but he's still in that proving himself stage that makes it difficult to see a club making an offer we can't refuse.

With 2 years left on his contract, we're not in any immediate rush to sell either. 

If Bielik does leave the club this summer, I can see it being on loan where his wages are covered 100% and he wants out. 

Thing I dont think belick wants leave eathier and I think he might like to win something with derby like rooney does and with some good young talent as well only way I can see him leaving if get off over 15m for him then that would go long way to paying some debt off.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Thing I dont think belick wants leave eathier and I think he might like to win something with derby like rooney does and with some good young talent as well only way I can see him leaving if get off over 15m for him then that would go long way to paying some debt off.

Having never spoken to Bielik, I couldn't tell you where his head his at.

Poland are in the World Cup this year, if he gets told that he needs to be playing at a higher level to be considered, then that could change things.

As for £15m, considering he's now had 2 ACL's, played in 48 of a possible 138 league games in the 3 seasons he's been at the club, not entirely sure any club out there would even consider paying £5m more than what we paid.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Having never spoken to Bielik, I couldn't tell you where his head his at.

Poland are in the World Cup this year, if he gets told that he needs to be playing at a higher level to be considered, then that could change things.

As for £15m, considering he's now had 2 ACL's, played in 48 of a possible 138 league games in the 3 seasons he's been at the club, not entirely sure any club out there would even consider paying £5m more than what we paid.

I think derby only owe around 3m mark appently arsenal got paid some money for over period I think it was in december jan and feb I think it was how much I dont know.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I think derby only owe around 3m mark appently arsenal got paid some money for over period I think it was in december jan and feb I think it was how much I dont know.

The reported fee was around £10m, I believe that included addons, so if they were triggered and what is owed now, not sure. I know Arsenal allowed us to delay payments.

Either way, an offer of £15m would be highly unlikely given the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Personally I'd like him to stay, but if not, and he was to go out on loan to a club in a higher league (or even foreign league), couldn't we make it a 6 month loan?

That would take him up to the World Cup, after which, if he remains fit, and if he stays in the Polish squad / team and has a good World Cup, his value could well be at it's highest, and we'd stand a good chance of selling him with further 18 months on his contract.

There are always Championship clubs looking to get promoted, and Premier League clubs looking to survive, who are likely to spend some money in the January transfer window.

1 minute ago, David said:

The reported fee was around £10m, I believe that included addons, so if they were triggered and what is owed now, not sure. I know Arsenal allowed us to delay payments.

Either way, an offer of £15m would be highly unlikely given the circumstances. 

Before that we still owed 8m let's say ex we paid 1m in december 2m in jan and them another 1m in feb that would take down around 3m and no doubt kircher have pay rest off when take over is done.

5 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Personally I'd like him to stay, but if not, and he was to go out on loan to a club in a higher league (or even foreign league), couldn't we make it a 6 month loan?

That would take him up to the World Cup, after which, if he remains fit, and if he stays in the Polish squad / team and has a good World Cup, his value could well be at it's highest, and we'd stand a good chance of selling him with further 18 months on his contract.

There are always Championship clubs looking to get promoted, and Premier League clubs looking to survive, who are likely to spend some money in the January transfer window.

Yeah I mean anything is a possibility, I would imagine Rooney's priority would be to keep him here regardless. 

Sending Festy to the U23s at the back end of the season when his attitude wasn't right, I don't see Rooney as the kind of manager that would hold any player "hostage". He's been fairly open about showing loyalty and expecting it in return.

For all we know, Bielik is chomping at the bit to get going next season in League 1, so don't want to sit here and create this theory he's an unhappy player and wanting out.

Just that if he was to leave, I can see it being on loan in the hope we bounce straight back up.