Krystian Bielik

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Is there an assumption that the 2.5 million wasn't spent on keeping the club running?

Not sure what you mean - I'm saying that about £2.5m of the £8.3m owing for player registrations would be owed to Poznan for Joswiak. 

15 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

There's a difference between being offered a new contract and Tom accepfing it. 

(Off topic) I get the 'short career, needs to do the best for himself and family, no loyalty in football etc. etc.' but I still firmly believe Tom owes us one - even just the cashflow of signing a new contract to then be sold fairly cheap a week later would help us massively financially. 

We put a lot of faith in Tom from day one and that faith has increased tenfold to him being captain and talisman. Yes, he's been stupid on and off the pitch and had very difficult times personally but we've stood by him when we've ditched others for less. 

14 hours ago, Oldben said:

With us owing arsenal 8 million for Bielek there's zero reason to sell, we simply wouldn't recover the money or even break even.

We will need his skills in League one.

He's still under contract next season, why would dcfc sell.

He's one bright light in a team that's decimated by free transfers during the summer.

Loaning him out, doesn't help derby, since it means the loss of a great player and so where would the benefit come from.

You couldn't do a loan swap deal either, who would join derby in that sort of swap deal.

All indeed true but if its correct Bielek is on £20-30 grand a week we may have no alternative but to loan him out on full wages paid to allow WR some wiggle room on bringing players in,The average wage last season for a top league one player was just shy of £5 grand so do we keep him or look at decent tried and trusted hard working seen it done it type of players

6 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

All indeed true but if its correct Bielek is on £20-30 grand a week we may have no alternative but to loan him out on full wages paid to allow WR some wiggle room on bringing players in,The average wage last season for a top league one player was just shy of £5 grand so do we keep him or look at decent tried and trusted hard working seen it done it type of players

The average L1 club has a revenue 1/3 of what we should expect to earn next season...

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Not sure what you mean - I'm saying that about £2.5m of the £8.3m owing for player registrations would be owed to Poznan for Joswiak. 

Hm ... i wonder, did the club keep running with joswiaks sale, and there's still money owed to poznan?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The average L1 club has a revenue 1/3 of what we should expect to earn next season...

But as someone mentioned yesterday, although I think the poster was speculating, how much, if any, of our income will go towards paying off creditors in this 35% over 2 years scenario.

I very much doubt that just because we will have one of the largest incomes next year it means we will be one of the biggest spenders.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Hm ... i wonder, did the club keep running with joswiaks sale, and there's still money owed to poznan?

Gotcha - that's what has been rumoured, but there's been no official confirmation. Quantuma's last official report had the debt owed for Player registrations unchanged at £8.3M, apparently, so it suggests that any money received for Joswiak has been used to complete the season. We won't know for sure until after the take-over has been completed, at the earliest.

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Sorry to say but a player of his quality if he's playing in L1 next year for us (I would love him to!), he needs a new agent.

Isn't it our (the club's/Wayne Rooney) choice?  Bielik is still under contract to us and unless he has a 'relegation' clause or a clause that demands he can go to a club in a higher league or a fee release clause or some such, then we choose whether he goes or not.

Sure, there are lots of things for Wayne to weigh up from the fee to a player's happiness affecting his football or squad cohesion, and he'll have to work out whether he needs to increase his transfer budget (as per Arthur with Kevin Wilson), but it isn't only down to player and agent

2 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Isn't it our (the club's/Wayne Rooney) choice?  Bielik is still under contract to us and unless he has a 'relegation' clause or a clause that demands he can go to a club in a higher league or a fee release clause or some such, then we choose whether he goes or not.

Sure, there are lots of things for Wayne to weigh up from the fee to a player's happiness affecting his football or squad cohesion, and he'll have to work out whether he needs to increase his transfer budget (as per Arthur with Kevin Wilson), but it isn't only down to player and agent

He made it clear from the get go that after two seasons at Derby if they hadn't got to the premier league, he would look at options .  I'm almost certain if not for a knee injury some clause would have been looked at to allow him to speak to other clubs 15 months ago.  I would also imagine a fair percentage of this 10 million we 'owe' Arsenal will probably be covered by others taking up those payments as part of any move. Without the promotion, appearance, playoff finish adds etc the actual fee was around 7.5 and at 1.5 million a season you would assume much has been cleared. Relegation and injury has all but removed any profit element on top of this but a free transfer to remove his wage and offset these base payments remaining is most likely.  Might be able to add in a payment on appearances, performance of the next club he moves to maybe.  Unless he falls off a palm tree.

1 hour ago, Addingham Ram said:

But as someone mentioned yesterday, although I think the poster was speculating, how much, if any, of our income will go towards paying off creditors in this 35% over 2 years scenario.

I very much doubt that just because we will have one of the largest incomes next year it means we will be one of the biggest spenders.

They definitely were speculating as there has been no suggestion of that being the case. In fact, all evidence from Kirchner suggests the opposite. Taking money away from the club for that purpose would impact our chances of returning to the Championship. It's impossible to push for promotion, pay creditors, fund the academy, pay wages and maintain the stadium and training group whilst breaking even.
Therefore, to cover all of these costs Kirchner will be injecting money into the club or loaning the club money. 

I'll be extremely surprised if our wage bill isn't top 6 next season, regardless of what else our revenue goes towards.
Even if £6m of revenue went towards creditors (leaving us with about £12m), there'd only be Sheff Weds, Sunderland, Portsmouth and Ipswich who will have similar or greater incomes - and one of those will likely be playing in the Championship next season.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He made it clear from the get go that after two seasons at Derby if they hadn't got to the premier league, he would look at options .  I'm almost certain if not for a knee injury some clause would have been looked at to allow him to speak to other clubs 15 months ago.  I would also imagine a fair percentage of this 10 million we 'owe' Arsenal will probably be covered by others taking up those payments as part of any move. Without the promotion, appearance, playoff finish adds etc the actual fee was around 7.5 and at 1.5 million a season you would assume much has been cleared. Relegation and injury has all but removed any profit element on top of this but a free transfer to remove his wage and offset these base payments remaining is most likely.  Might be able to add in a payment on appearances, performance of the next club he moves to maybe.  Unless he falls off a palm tree.

Then he suffered two serious ACL injures. His outlook will have adjusted accordingly.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Then he suffered two serious ACL injures. His outlook will have adjusted accordingly.

Do you think.  He's a good player at championship level.  For a relegated premier league club at championship level to pick up 3 or 4 million in set payments to Arsenal is a no brainer.  If they get ten games at a decent standard from him that's probably enough for promotion with other players of high standard around him.   Can't see any reason why he won't get that move. 

He will be gone for sure, maybe to a relegated premier league team who have all those lovely parachute payments. No way we will be able to afford to keep him, with our turnover projected to be be around £15-20 million. Lets just hope any deal will mean we lose the financial liabilities (Future payments). Our wage bill will need to drop way below £10 million a year, maybe £6-7 million at best. We have creditors to pay off.

52 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Agree with all that and you hit the nail right there, transfer budget!