EFL Verdict

DCFC90

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why likely? Thanks to the stadium sale, we were £17.5m within the limit.
Signings which will have a significant impact on the change in amortisation are: Thorne, Johnson, Butterfield, Blcakman, Vydra, Anya, Nugent, Lawrence, Wisdom, Huddlestone
Total amount spent on signings was about £58m.
Derby amortisation: £15m
Transfer profit: £20m (not including add-ons)

At most that's a £23m swing (£5.5m over the limit). However, if we adjust the amortisation, we also need to adjust the transfer profits, notably Ince by approx £2.3m and £1.9m for Weimann. Minor changes for the likes of Jerome, Shotton, Christie and Albentosa add up for the rest.

We started using the new amortisation method for the 15/16 season, so in use since 1 July 2015
Stadium was sold in June 2018, I believe (someone can double check the exact month if they're that bothered)

I do not think that you figures are correct unless I have missed something.

This is what has been filled at companies house:

15/16 - £14.7M Loss

16/17 - £7.9M Loss

17/18 - £14.6 Profit

As the accounts currently stand Derby have posted a loss of £8M over that 3 years FFP period, so unless the restated accounts make us declare more than an additional £31M over this period we should be okay.  You've worked out its a £23M swing, so I believe we are comfortably compliant by around £8M.   Unless of course Gibson's accountant can dig up any more skeletons, I suspect he would have done that by now though!  Or have I missed something?

All that said god only knows what 18/19 and 19/20 accounts are going to look like, nothing left to sell to offset these, although I believe that the wage bill has drastically reduced, so hopefully not too bad!!!

Well done Mel you've maxed out the credit card, now pay in the money you've recklessly spent and sod off, when you get there sod off some more!!!  

Edited by RAM1966

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don’t think so. The ground valuation and sale is not linked to the amortisation.

The only relevance is that the profit from the sale covered the losses from player values being amortised. 

I'm not saying they are connected - but restating our P&S will leave us with a different financial breathing space. If we also had a revaluation of the stadium sale profit, could that blow us out of the water with P&S?

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Must admit I'm not up on it, so honest question: is there any possibility they are going for the amortisation restatement, with a view of revisiting the ground valuation? If they get their way and reduce the valuation of the stadium, could that throw us under the bus after the amortisation is recalculated?

Stadium sale won't be revisited. That will stay as it was because the EFL lost that part of the charge.

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm not saying they are connected - but restating our P&S will leave us with a different financial breathing space. If we also had a revaluation of the stadium sale profit, could that blow us out of the water with P&S?

But I think we are only restating P&S due to changes in player values and the amortisation rates. Wouldn’t affect any other line on the accounts. 

14 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

15/16 - £14.7M Loss

16/17 - £7.9M Loss

17/18 - £14.6 Profit

As the accounts currently stand Derby have posted a loss of £8M over that 3 years FFP period, so unless the restated accounts make us declare more than an additional £31M over this period we should be okay.  You've worked out its a £23M swing, so I believe we are comfortably compliant by around £8M.   Unless of course Gibson's accountant can dig up any more skeletons, I suspect he would have done that by now though!  Or have I missed something?

All that said god only knows what 18/19 and 19/20 accounts are going to look like, nothing left to sell to offset these, although I believe that the wage bill has drastically reduced, so hopefully not too bad!!!

Well done Mel you've maxed out the credit card, now pay in the money you've recklessly spent and sod off, when you get there sod off some more!!!  

I don't think it is possible for anybody to be very certain over the exact figures.  The football related P&S is spread over a few companies.  Some will include everything others may not.  The club produce an annual summary which includes the 2 past audited accounts and a forecast for the current year in Q3 and this is the one the EFL look at first.  People can make a pretty good guess though

37 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

15/16 - £14.7M Loss

16/17 - £7.9M Loss

17/18 - £14.6 Profit

haver you had the chance to read the failed attempt to admit new evidence.  There is some detail in there that could be of interest

38 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

15/16 - £14.7M Loss

16/17 - £7.9M Loss

17/18 - £14.6 Profit

Accounts are not the same thing as P&S submissions.

As of 4 July 2018:
Confirmed P&S losses for 15/16 = £15.3m loss

As of 29 March 2019:
Confirmed P&S losses for 16/17 = £13.4m
Confirmed P&S profit for 17/18 = £7.2m

Combined losses = £21.5m
Maximum allowable losses = £39m
Within limits by: £17.5m

Regarding P&S for 19/20 onwards. A combination of Covid and the authorities insisting we change back to the standard method has saved us. Although, Covid has caused other issues such as a lack of cash flow.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

40 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

15/16 - £14.7M Loss

16/17 - £7.9M Loss

17/18 - £14.6 Profit

Well if Stoke city can write off £90 million of their 18/19 and 19/20 accounts for covid related reasons then it’s a free for all. Whilst not suggesting that the EFL won’t revisit that in 5 years !

52 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well if Stoke city can write off £90 million of their 18/19 and 19/20 accounts for covid related reasons then it’s a free for all. Whilst not suggesting that the EFL won’t revisit that in 5 years !

If they knew of COVID 19 impact in 2018/19 I’m calling it now, they are responsible and not the Chinese wet market in Wuhan.

Bet the dirty beggars injected it into the Chips ?????