EFL Verdict

DCFC90

The litmus test is how quickly we file the restated accounts for 2016-18. As others have mentioned, it seems inconceivable that exercise hasn't already been conducted to 'stress-test' the numbers.

I'm not concerned about the EFL threat to relegate us for 2020/21...even if we haven't come within the 3 year threshold, we can drag it out by a) waiting until the 18th August deadline/2 weeks into the new season and/or b) appeal any sanction which will inevitably delay the process. Problem with option a) is we're under a transfer embargo until those accounts are filed which inevitably means another season of struggle.

Therefore, Wycombe can clear off...they've got zero chance of reclaiming their place at this level. But our position overall is still very unclear until & unless we submit accounts that comply with P&S. If we can not, I'm not sure what the avenues are from a legal standpoint chiefly around 1. damage already done to the club with this protracted process and 2. disputed interpretation of FRS102 & fact EFL and auditors both signed off on the amortisation. 

I would add some comments about the EFL's general conduct at this point but I'm not going to waste energy on such a pitiful set of specimens.

42 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Also, why should Wycombe get any benefit from a retrospective points deduction, they were in League 2 for 2/3 of the seasons we need to revise our accounts for. Has nothing to do with them or last season. They already got promoted by default.

You're forgetting that we were at a massive advantage over Wycombe at al last season due to the money we spent 5-6 years ago.

Without Blackman, Butterfield, Anya & Shackell's goals last season we'd have probably been relegated as of right.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

and where did I say anywhere that I think all clubas are sweetness and light? anywhere? somehwere? or actually nowhere at all..?

they are al bent as hell, we are proablbly the worst and we have got caught...so accept the punishment.

the EFL havent " got it in " for us... anyone who thinks that is some sort of mental conspiracy theory crackpot

Can we have our promotion from 2014 ?? . QPR had a wage bill in excess of 70 million that season.  We are far and away from the worst. Accept the punishment for breaking the rules.  The way we worked the accounts was signed off for 3 years. 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can we have our promotion from 2014 ?? . QPR had a wage bill in excess of 70 million that season.  We are far and away from the worst. Accept the punishment for breaking the rules.  The way we worked the accounts was signed off for 3 years. 

And Villa who smashed FFP to bits the year they beat us in the Play Offs. Happened to us twice 

7 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

The litmus test is how quickly we file the restated accounts for 2016-18. As others have mentioned, it seems inconceivable that exercise hasn't already been conducted to 'stress-test' the numbers.

I'm not concerned about the EFL threat to relegate us for 2020/21...even if we haven't come within the 3 year threshold, we can drag it out by a) waiting until the 18th August deadline/2 weeks into the new season and/or b) appeal any sanction which will inevitably delay the process. Problem with option a) is we're under a transfer embargo until those accounts are filed which inevitably means another season of struggle.

Therefore, Wycombe can clear off...they've got zero chance of reclaiming their place at this level. But our position overall is still very unclear until & unless we submit accounts that comply with P&S. If we can not, I'm not sure what the avenues are from a legal standpoint chiefly around 1. damage already done to the club with this protracted process and 2. disputed interpretation of FRS102 & fact EFL and auditors both signed off on the amortisation. 

I would add some comments about the EFL's general conduct at this point but I'm not going to waste energy on such a pitiful set of specimens.

I have no doubt following the Rotherham 6 games in hand scenario from last season they would try and hold our fixtures back for a month.   

11 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

There isn't a precedent because it's bloody ridiculous. We're only a few weeks away from kicking off, players will be returning soon. It's farcical that we could be relegated in pre season. 

Exactly why I ask @Rammy03.  Hence why it feels so vindictive.  The EFL should in theory be there to help and protect its clubs but every step of this journey looks like someone's personal vendetta with little or no sense of pragmatism. I can almost picture someone sitting there in an old boys gentleman's club, smugly raising a glass happy to see us relegated as their bank account swells from a completely disproportionate salary thinking "that showed them". 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Tweet before those two:

Who has sympathy for them now? Should have scored more points!

No mention of being “ absolutely shocked “ when we got a bit of a telling off at the original hearing

Without sounding arsey can people stop saying about delaying the accounts so the season starts and no relegation can happen.

The potential relegation is IF the EFL decide to appeal our 100k fine punishment and get what they want which is a retrospective points deduction.

Delaying the revised accounts has no baring on this & would only mean us being in an embargo longer than necessary.

Just now, BucksRam said:

Exactly why I ask @Rammy03.  Hence why it feels so vindictive.  The EFL should in theory be there to help and protect its clubs but every step of this journey looks like someone's personal vendetta with little or no sense of pragmatism. I can almost picture someone sitting there in an old boys gentleman's club, smugly raising a glass happy to see us relegated as their bank account swells from a completely disproportionate salary thinking "that showed them". 

It was farcical they signed off the purchase of Wigan then put them on a 20 point deduction within a few weeks. Is anyone surprised. I have no doubt in the race to finish us off they will make a monumental slip legally -think we're about at that point.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We already had Middlesbrough demand to have a go prosecuting the stadium sale on the basis that the EFL failed? That was laughed out...

Edited by TexasRam
Reply to wrong post

9 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Not here to argue LCR but I went on the Bristol City forum earlier to get their take and someone on there quoted rule 28/2 (I think) and apparently the EFL have the power to suspend both ours and Wycombe’s games should they choose.

Remember, I’m not saying that can/will happen, it’s what I read on there tonight. It was news to me and something that came as a bit of a shock, I never new such a rule existed. 

29 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

All in pound coins?!

1p and 2p coins can be refused if they total over 20p.

Pound coins are acceptable for ANY amount!

(Not being smartypants, I just looked it up!)

£100,000 as 100,000 pound coins would still need the proffered skip though as it weighs 875 kg !

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

TV money in championship £8million, TV money league 1 only £1 million so difference £7 million not sure where the rest is coming from, I looked at their accounts in companies house which they filed 10 days ago, but it only showed a balance sheet no P&L, the rules are that if the turnover is less than £10.2 million you can do that, so this £10-12 million revenue loss is hyperbole

I don't know how Wycombe are going to argue that our accountancy as a Championship club in 2016-18 negatively affected them in League Two over the same period to the tune of several million pounds, but I'm sure that if anyone can come up with a reason it'll be an American lawyer like their owner.

Edited by JfR