The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

49 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Heading to Mac’s Cafe for a fry up at 11. Then to Spoons for a few hours. Then to a real pub at 4.

Could be the best day of my life today.

Interesting what to do for this match regarding booze. No doubt when I was younger I'd have up for a few beers and watching in a crowd. Would be epic if we win, but been there too many times when it's the opposite.

These days I usually stay sober for huge games as want to follow every minute of it. Just me and kids watching it at home tonight as wife booked weekend away months ago.

Kids have never been that excited by football on tv before but are mad for tonight. We listened to Vindaloo, 3 Lions, World in Motion and Footballs Coming Home again yesterday and Vindaloo has been sung a lot since. Unfortunately, I found one of my kids looking up football songs again later and they discovered We're on the Ball. Sad times.

Think might watch a few highlights of old England tournament games on youtube with them this afternoon.

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Interesting what to do for this match regarding booze. No doubt when I was younger I'd have up for a few beers and watching in a crowd. Would be epic if we win, but been there too many times when it's the opposite.

These days I usually stay sober for huge games as want to follow every minute of it. Just me and kids watching it at home tonight as wife booked weekend away months ago.

Kids have never been that excited by football on tv before but are mad for tonight. We listened to Vindaloo, 3 Lions, World in Motion and Footballs Coming Home again yesterday and Vindaloo has been sung a lot since. Unfortunately, I found one of my kids looking up football songs again later and they discovered We're on the Ball. Sad times.

Think might watch a few highlights of old England tournament games on youtube with them this afternoon.

Parents have really got into footie in the last year or so. Were never fans of it before. Same with sis in law and neice. Watched all the England euro games.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Heading to Mac’s Cafe for a fry up at 11. Then to Spoons for a few hours. Then to a real pub at 4.

Going to the pub at 6.00 then home at 7.30 to watch the match.

Dont want to be drunk enough to forget owt. 

If I was your age I’d be doing exactly the same as you ?????????

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You never know, you might find an Italian girl fan who needs consoling later ?

Have a great day Dark Fruits. Don't listen to us old farts who have forgotten what it's like to be young. 

When you get wiser you get very judgmental and when you are ancient you actually become a judge! 

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was thinking along the same lines, stay sober and soak it all in not missing a kick. However, I don’t think I’ve ever been this nervous for a game before. I’ve watched Derby since the mid 80s and seen some huge games, followed England for the same amount of time and had some amazing days/nights. But this, this is on a different level too all those games, finally the chance to see one of my teams win something of significance. So I don’t think I can stay dry for this one, I’m going to need some Dutch courage for sure. Enjoy it fellow forum gangsters, wherever you watch it ???????????? 

went out for the quarters and was in Notts for the semi's with a mate which was honestly fantastic. Kind of gutted my tenancy in Leeds ended when it did (the day before Germany game) as I was literally round the corner from the Brudendell which would have been great.  Today though I'm at home as can't let my mum watch it on her own so got a few beers, wine and cheese in for later! At the very least I'll remember it. 

6 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Of course.

World Cup is more prestigious.

Exactly, that was my point. I don’t mean to take the shine off it, but the euros is a bit like europa compared with champions league, or league cup vs fa cup. 

más a Derby fan, having not seen us win anything ever, I’d snap your hand off if you offered me a league cup. But as an England fan, I feel like we should be aiming higher. 

Ill be over the moon when we win tonight. But if it’s another 55 years til our next final, I’ll be a little disappointed. Am I being spoilt if u say I won’t be satisfied til I see us win the World Cup?

in a way, I’m just keeping my expectations in check. If we do lose, it’s okay, this is just a warm up for the World Cup. Semi final, final, champions. If we win, happy days, it’s the start of Spain like dominance, and the first of a euros / World Cup double. 

I actually genuinely think we should be heavy favourites for the World Cup next year. None of our current players will have retired by then, they’ll just be a little older, wiser and even better. And if tonight proves we’re the best in Europe, who outside Europe is there to challenge us at the World Cup? Brazil just lost the copa America to Argentina, who in turn rely heavily on an aging messi. 

point is, if we lose tonight (which we won’t) don’t despair, the World Cup is the real prize, and we are in prime position to take that one next year.