Yankee Doodle Derby

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

I thought Appleby, Glick etc sold us realising that they'd taken us as far as they could (financially)....... what's changed

Plus does anyone remember how much they bought us for, I wonder how it compares to the current asking price

Appleby not part of it. He told me last night. Via text. 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

We can’t get too exited. Again. Mel has shouted from the rooftops that the business he wants to sell has lost £200 mill in 4 years. We as Rams fans do not have the spending power equal to some clubs . We get cheap tickets and don’t buy enough shirts. Mel is desperate to sell and could end up with very little. 

Not long ago we were setting records for non parachute payment revenue in the football league. The only teams in england who have more spending power than us are either in the Prem or have just been relegated from the Prem.

2 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

When are the club going to start selling season tickets? I need to get mine renewed before the glory hunters turn up.

They've been looking into offering a multi season ticket, in order to bring in extra revenue.

The EFL have rejected the idea, as they don't want us to take money so far in advance, with little certainty we will still be trading that far in the future.

Sales for the next season, Summer, will start soon, followed by Autumn, Winter and Spring as appropriate.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

That was never a takeover though, just a lending of money. People are getting things all mixed up as it's been going on so long ?

For some reason I thought he also expressed an interest in taking us over after lending the money. So many different things going on takeoverwise!

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

David Tepper, owns a couple of sports franchises in the states, Tom Glick a CEO of one of those, worth 12 billion.

Would be lovely.

Obviously we are more likely to get

GIF by joanramone

TBH I wouldn't mind Ricky Gervais as an owner, he must be well caked up. 

More likely to buy Reading though I suspect.