Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Why not give the job to someone who knows how to do it properly? 

Are they queuing up for the job? I guess Rosenior might be. Mac obviously doesn't want a managers job else he wouldn't be here being Technical Director. Wassall must know he's better where he is. Who else? Oh and are you gonna pay Rooney off?

15 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I know I seem to be repeating myself as do others but how is 1 win in 16 not awful? 7 points from 45 were earned that led us as close as you can be to being relegated. I'm kind of sick of hearing 'well we survived' as an argument for how Rooney has done a 'good job' when under his leadership we went on what must have been the worst run since our 07/08 campaign. 

The other point is the suggestion that he pulled us out of an impossible situation, bottom of the table to a remarkable safety ? We were two points off the bottom 3 with 35 games to go. We also came just above a team with a 6 point deduction. In terms of Wazza’s record, really is a case of not being able to polish a ?

9 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

I’m not just on about the fact he put Knight out for 12 weeks. He a horrible cheating family man. He’s a terrible manager. He shouldn’t be out getting that smashed as the boss of DCFC during such a horrendous time. You are sticking up for him, he hasn’t brought anything but negative things to this football club. It was only luck that kept us up and if we had any money I’m sure he would be gone. Viva la wazza will take us down baby ?

If I were manager of Derby County, I'd want to be permanently off my face.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are they queuing up for the job? I guess Rosenior might be. Mac obviously doesn't want a managers job else he wouldn't be here being Technical Director. Wassall must know he's better where he is. Who else? Oh and are you gonna pay Rooney off?

If we had the money to get rid we would have done Macca. Unless he walks we are stuck with him unfortunately….

12 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

I’m not just on about the fact he put Knight out for 12 weeks. He a horrible cheating family man. He’s a terrible manager. He shouldn’t be out getting that smashed as the boss of DCFC during such a horrendous time. You are sticking up for him, he hasn’t brought anything but negative things to this football club. It was only luck that kept us up and if we had any money I’m sure he would be gone. Viva la wazza will take us down baby ?

He didn’t “put knight out” Knight was injured in a training ground game. It happens, It will happen again this season multiple times, players will be out all the time with I juries picked up in training. 
It wasn’t luck that kept us up last season It was simply that we got more points than 3 other teams, nothing to do with luck. The league never lies. 

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Sigh. I know it wasn't.

But you can't deny that footballers and football managers are held to higher standards of professionalism in 2021 than they were in the 1980s.

I would say that they are certainly more athletic that’s in the 80’s but the game is the same, the reason they are held to higher standards is simply that every second of their lives is played on book face, Twitter and Instagram and discussed on forums like this….if they had been around when Brian Clough was manager he wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes…. If they had been around when I was 18 I’m not sure I would either…

When we hear a player has picked up a ‘knock’ in training, what do people think happens? It’s a contact sport. Far more being made out of it than needs to be. As for Rooneys antics say night, where is the evidence he was intoxicated?? How do we know he was absolutely shattered to a point where he fell asleep. Unlikely I know but got to consider all angles. 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

I would say that they are certainly more athletic that’s in the 80’s but the game is the same, the reason they are held to higher standards is simply that every second of their lives is played on book face, Twitter and Instagram and discussed on forums like this….if they had been around when Brian Clough was manager he wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes…. If they had been around when I was 18 I’m not sure I would either…

Two reasons I'd say.

1) As you say, anything interesting they do will be recorded.

2) Players are generally more professional now than they were then. I know you complained when your favourite, Mr Lampard, introduced an apparent drinking culture at the club, so I assume you would agree on this point. Some of it may be because they might be recorded, but I think they do just look after their bodies to a greater degree nowadays (perhaps because of advances in sports science).

1 minute ago, sage said:

It's all getting rather depressing on here. Some people seem to want to twist the knife. We are up to our necks in poo but I don't understand the mad scramble for the keys to the speedboat.  

Twist the knife? It's a machete... and Wayne Rooney has chopped his own head off with it.

1 minute ago, sage said:

It's all getting rather depressing on here. Some people seem to want to twist the knife. We are up to our necks in poo but I don't understand the mad scramble for the keys to the speedboat.  

We bought a speedboat? No wonder we're struggling with FFP - They chug petrol like Mason Bennett on a team night out