Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Speaking so well on MNF. A few takes from it. 

- Out of 5 players contracted beyond this season 2 are options which we cannot take up while in administration. 
- Wants to build a squad at Derby and build over 2-3 years. 
- Wasn't happy how we were playing last season. 
- Wants to play possession based football. 
- Ref Ravel, says he’s been brilliant, when out the team he was great around the dressing room and with the kids. 
- How does he get to manage Manure or Everton - have belief in himself, says with Derby he’s developing as a manager/coach/person. 
- Got approached by Everton, felt it wasn’t the right time as he’s still developing. 

Speaks so well. 5/10 years ago you could never imagine him coming across as well as he does. 

38 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Speaking so well on MNF. A few takes from it. 

- Out of 5 players contracted beyond this season 2 are options which we cannot take up while in administration. 
- Wants to build a squad at Derby and build over 2-3 years. 
- Wasn't happy how we were playing last season. 
- Wants to play possession based football. 
- Ref Ravel, says he’s been brilliant, when out the team he was great around the dressing room and with the kids. 
- How does he get to manage Manure or Everton - have belief in himself, says with Derby he’s developing as a manager/coach/person. 
- Got approached by Everton, felt it wasn’t the right time as he’s still developing. 

Speaks so well. 5/10 years ago you could never imagine him coming across as well as he does. 

I think rooney is our new brain clough.

Notice Rooney said tonight only 3 players actually under contract, two with options. We know Buchanan has an option, the other 3 are from Sibley, Bielik, Knight and Bird. I believe Sibley, Bielik and Bird are all under contract until 2024. We thought Knight was under contract until 2023, but I can only therefore assume the final year is an option and so he’s currently set to leave for free…. That’s quite a big revelation.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Notice Rooney said tonight only 3 players actually under contract, two with options. We know Buchanan has an option, the other 3 are from Sibley, Bielik, Knight and Bird. I believe Sibley, Bielik and Bird are all under contract until 2024. We thought Knight was under contract until 2023, but I can only therefore assume the final year is an option and so he’s currently set to leave for free…. That’s quite a big revelation.

Sure it's till June 2023 - This in the DET seems to confirm it. If three clubs are eyeing Knight, as is being reported, that would drive up the fee. He is 19, under contract until the summer of 2023 and he has bags of potential. That would suggest any interested club would have to sign a big-money cheque for Derby to consider selling. 

Article also highlights over 40 million quid in sales made in the previous 2.5 years . Add another 9 million for two managers and a Weimann. Where the bloody hell did all that go. 

48 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sure it's till June 2023 - This in the DET seems to confirm it. If three clubs are eyeing Knight, as is being reported, that would drive up the fee. He is 19, under contract until the summer of 2023 and he has bags of potential. That would suggest any interested club would have to sign a big-money cheque for Derby to consider selling. 

Article also highlights over 40 million quid in sales made in the previous 2.5 years . Add another 9 million for two managers and a Weimann. Where the bloody hell did all that go. 

That’s what I always thought but are we absolutely sure that’s true though? Unless Rooney got his numbers wrong, I don’t see who else it could be.

Transfermarkt has Sibley, Bird and Bielik down as 2024, with Knight and Stretton as 2023. Everyone else is 2022, including Buchanan who we're supposed to have a 1 year option over. 

All reports on the Web have Knight down as being contracted until 2023, so there's an anomaly somewhere. 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He is 21, actually.