Relegation watch

Spanish

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

With nearly half a season to go I still believe in the long game, rather than hoping three specific teams fall away from us and everyone else. Mainly I hope almost every Championship game we're not involved in ends up a draw, reducing the overall points available to all the other teams. There'll be lots of twists and turns before the end of the season. If Boro lose to Rotherham and we go on a run that yields 2 points per game from hereon, maybe it's the result that allows us to sneak into the playoffs?

Rotherham 2 up. Scratch any idea of them being a poor team. Wendies losing which is good but we need to beat Rotherham which could prove difficult.

Just now, Spanish said:

I had hoped that we would soon be in a position when this thread would die.  We are playing much better than when we started than god.

Agree totally were a totally different proposition.. sadly though a lot of damage was already done to this campaign by the time cocu left 

we’ve been playing catch-up 

and now everyone is fighting for points 

43 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

With nearly half a season to go I still believe in the long game, rather than hoping three specific teams fall away from us and everyone else. Mainly I hope almost every Championship game we're not involved in ends up a draw, reducing the overall points available to all the other teams. There'll be lots of twists and turns before the end of the season. If Boro lose to Rotherham and we go on a run that yields 2 points per game from hereon, maybe it's the result that allows us to sneak into the playoffs?

I love the optimism.

I've no idea what sort of form that would take, I've not had reason to look that far up the table, could 2 PTS a game do it?

From reading on here, I thought we needed that just to stay up.

We were bottom when Cocu left with barely any points so to be out the relegation zone with half the season left I feel confident we can win more games than the teams around us.

Won 2 out 2 in the 2nd half of the season so starting it off well. 7 games in 25 days with Rotherham, Barnsley & Wycombe our next 3 away games, so will be interesting to see where we are after that. A decent return out of those 21pts could see us well safe, or a poor return and we could be cut adrift