Relegation watch

Spanish

42 minutes ago, superzak said:

Half a season to go and unless a miracle happens at the January sales I think there's a chance we get cut adrift at the foot of the table. Saying that 2 of my favourite seasons were spent in the old 3rd division under Arthur Cox... I never missed a game home or away. Financially not good for the club but we were the big fish in the pool and going away to places like Grimsby  and completely taking over the ground was brilliant. Of course you didn't need tickets in them days...you paid on the door and they got you in somewhere lol

Please Let’s not try and kid ourselves that relegation would be a good thing for this club 

1 hour ago, superzak said:

Half a season to go and unless a miracle happens at the January sales I think there's a chance we get cut adrift at the foot of the table. Saying that 2 of my favourite seasons were spent in the old 3rd division under Arthur Cox... I never missed a game home or away. Financially not good for the club but we were the big fish in the pool and going away to places like Grimsby  and completely taking over the ground was brilliant. Of course you didn't need tickets in them days...you paid on the door and they got you in somewhere lol

I admire your rose tinted romanticism. Am sure teams like Ipswich and Sunderland and Portsmouth are revelling in being the big fish in the small pond every season. I wonder if the novelty will ever wear off for their supporters.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I admire your rose tinted romanticism. Am sure teams like Ipswich and Sunderland and Portsmouth are revelling in being the big fish in the small pond every season. I wonder if the novelty will ever wear off for their supporters.

Very true in what you say...but there is very little we can do about it as supporters. I was just saying its happened before .

Feel we should be like a cricket team that's behind the run rate and sees rain clouds forming thick and fast overhead. You've got to get ahead of the Duckworth-Lewis Method. 

Sadly, this season could be cancelled at any point. We need to get our points per game out of the bottom three as soon as absolutely possible, or the EFL will be delighted to have the chance relegate us. 

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Feel we should be like a cricket team that's behind the run rate and sees rain clouds forming thick and fast overhead. You've got to get ahead of the Duckworth-Lewis Method. 

Sadly, this season could be cancelled at any point. We need to get our points per game out of the bottom three as soon as absolutely possible, or the EFL will be delighted to have the chance relegate us. 

I agree although, based on PPG we ARE currently outside of the bottom three.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Yeah i wasnt sure how Sheff W use the point deduction for PPG

I don't think any of us are but, with hindsight, it would seem fairer to apply the points deduction pro-rata so, that would be three points and see us relegated so, as you were, we would need more points on the board.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Agreed but what do they do where teams havent played same number of games surely opens up to legal challenges then esp if games in hand could give a result. Also for teams say like Newcastle in prem league with players suffering long term effects of virus also very unfair although perhaps little at stake. 

12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Agreed but what do they do where teams havent played same number of games surely opens up to legal challenges then esp if games in hand could give a result. Also for teams say like Newcastle in prem league with players suffering long term effects of virus also very unfair although perhaps little at stake. 

That's exactly the issue PPG is meant to address.

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That's exactly the issue PPG is meant to address.

I know that but it doesnt work unless  say at the midpoint when everyone has played everyone once. If someone near top has played us, rotherham and  sheff weds twice and someone else has played say norwich, watford and brentford twice it doesnt work. Also doesnt address that teams have lost players to covid absence during games so far. Did they not agree before season started what procedure would be and at what stage ppg would be used?