Relegation watch

Spanish

13 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

Bird is a good player, composed on the ball and can actually pick out a good pass, I just think he’s suited further up the pitch not as the deep lying midfielder. 

Could be. IMO his best position is a defensive midfielder, but just not alone. He doesn't have needed quickness to prosper higher or physicality to play DM role alone.

One of those players who in the right role is excellent, but that role is very specific.

probably the last time I will bother to do this

AFC Bournemouth15:00Birmingham City

Brum remain in trouble but win or lose if the better our score by 1 they go above us.  Change of manager might be what Bournemouth need to stop their terrible run, Hope so.  Bournemouth have won the last 2 meetings

Millwall15:00Sheffield Wednesday

wendy won 4 lost 1 and looking for the path to the payoffs.  Last 5 pairings have been close affairs.  Could be anything

Preston North End15:00Rotherham United

R's chairman to be evicted from the ground for singing something about knob ends.  PNE won only 1 of their last 5.  Rovrum won last 2 pairings so I don't have a great deal of hope about this one

Wycombe Wanderers15:00Nottingham Forest

Florest beat them at home and are also hopeful of a playoff push; fools.  Wycombe to park the bus but really can't see anything but the gap widening

Generally not expecting this to be a great Saturday

Edited by Spanish

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

quite agree but now it is not in our hands mathematically.  We are still looking behind us

It’s also different at the bottom of the table to the top. We’ve been too used to looking at this in terms of our rivals probably winning more than they’ll loose. But at the bottom our rivals will loose more than they’ll win. We just need to win one more. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s also different at the bottom of the table to the top. We’ve been too used to looking at this in terms of our rivals probably winning more than they’ll loose. But at the bottom our rivals will loose more than they’ll win. We just need to win one more. 

I don’t believe we will be relegated, well certainly not as much as I did under the previous management.  The question to be answered is how good are the new guys.  If they are like our normal January intake I will become increasingly concerned

You'd like to think going on previous years, seven more wins should be enough to see us safe with some draws thrown in for good measure, not to mention the form (or lack of) from other teams.

It's not looking great at the moment but there are now so many teams within 6-9 points of the bottom 3 that we just have to strap ourselves in for the ride.

I'm currently fairly optimistic we'll stay up.

There are a lot of teams now being 'dragged into' the relegation frame. Wycombe are (all but mathematically) down, so that leaves 2 spaces up for grabs. Birmingham are in freefall. Neither Huddersfield or Cardiff have won in their last 5. There's only 10 points between 11th and 22nd and that gap could easily be closed in 19 games. If we keep scrapping out say 6-7 points every 5 games we'll end up with somewhere between 50-55 points, which I think will be enough. Although I'm still holding out hope that we somehow find a formula where we can score goals for fun! One can hope!

COYR ?

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I'm currently fairly optimistic we'll stay up.

There are a lot of teams now being 'dragged into' the relegation frame. Wycombe are (all but mathematically) down, so that leaves 2 spaces up for grabs. Birmingham are in freefall. Neither Huddersfield or Cardiff have won in their last 5. There's only 10 points between 11th and 22nd and that gap could easily be closed in 19 games. If we keep scrapping out say 6-7 points every 5 games we'll end up with somewhere between 50-55 points, which I think will be enough. Although I'm still holding out hope that we somehow find a formula where we can score goals for fun! One can hope!

COYR ?

Let’s see how we do without bielik .. we’ve just lost statistically the leagues best player over the last month ... our first game without him didn’t go swimmingly did it 

the way I’m viewing it is that while we have clawed others on we are sitting precariously and with a big problem as to who fills a massive void .. we also have to quickly integrate a lot of players who between them have barely kicked a competitive football

i think many that think these new signings are going to be like a magic wand to propel us up to mid table safety are going to be in for a big bump of reality 

this will go to the wire I reckon 

preying it doesn’t but I honestly think it will