Relegation watch

Spanish

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

No.  By rights, it should be form over the entire 46 game season that dictates who does what, and who goes where.  

We're not going down either way. 

But the 'fight and spirit' that everyone seems so eager to keep pinning onto Rotherham for some reason - it's Wycombe that have shown that the last 15 games.

Edited by Robert Earnshaws Workrate

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No it isn’t .

You said you can’t wait for our demise 

Poor taste mate 

Ive been on edge for 94 minutes tonight 

Its not just you though some seem to delight in our situation.

It doesn't have to be delight. Pain can create the same reaction. And the need to use black humour. The guy deserves encouragement!

As do you, and the rest of us who are hurting.

In my case, as pessimism grew, I found myself cheering on Wycombe to make a miraculous come-back. They could still end up third from bottom! It doesn't mean that I hate Derby. Just me trying to find a way to deal with the situation. I cannot be wallowing in tears after every match!

Just now, Ramslad1992 said:

Some good grounds in league 1 mate... I’m looking forward to it! Will be disappointed if we stay up now after the promise of relegation for the last month! 

Younger people may look forward to it yes .

Be careful what you wish for .

I think we could go out of business first though

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Of course .

But I would be very sad that I was wrong unlike some who would be delighted to be right 

You really need to knock that stuff on the head mate, perhaps some people cope with the situation by being convinced we are down in the same way you cope by being certain we are staying up ,,, personally I feel it’s bloody written we are going down but I would give my right nut to be wrong and stay up ??‍♂️,, 

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Nah, much bigger difference than that, difference between having to win     rather than a draw being enough...

You might be right, and if you take our game in isolation, then the difference in chances of us just winning, compared with either winning and drawing will probably be a larger number of percentage points.

But, when the Rotherham result is factored in, the effect of a draw gets smaller than it would first appear.

Also, we can factor in Sheffield's away form, where, out of 22 away games this season, they have only drawn 2. And Derby have drawn 6 out of 22 at home. So, out of these 44 games, only 8 have been draws. This also reduces the chances of a draw affecting the equation as much as it might.

And in case it lifts the spirits at all, I believe that Sheffield have lost 16 out of 22 away games this season. 

Although, I think Derby have only won 6 at home. 

It should be close - although any moment of luck (or "momentary lack of concentration!") could swing it either way!

Forget what I was saying about trying to lift our spirits!

Edited by Ken Tram

28 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Weds will be scrapping for everything, and we’ll be paralysed by fear. We’ll lose. But will Rotherham win?? Their form says no, but it’s football, and it’s been that kinda season...

If we lose, there is no but.  We'll be relegated by virtue of Wendy overtaking us on GD.  Rotherham won't be in the equation.  

20 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Got a bottle of Bulleit ready for Saturday. I'll drink it all if we win in elation of staying up or I'll drink it all if we get relegated. Either way, I still win.

I’ll be doing exactly the same with a bottle of crown royal black that I bought from Nashville a few years ago

... have been saving it for a special occasion .... or when I really really want to drown my sorrows 

4 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

And in case it lifts the spirits at all, I believe that Sheffield have lost 16 out of 22 away games this season. 

Although, I think Derby have only won 6 at home. 

It should be close - although any moment of luck (or "momentary lack of concentration!") could swing it either way!

Forget what I was saying about trying to lift our spirits!

We’re screwed then if it comes down to concentration lol

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rotherham will not beat Cardiff. They will get no favours and Harry Wilson is bang in form. 

The team that survives will be playing at Pride Park on Saturday. Which one...I couldn’t tell you, but I also don’t think we’re going to lose 7 in a row. 

I’m not sure I’m ready to handle the tension on Saturday ... I might start drinking now to prepare myself lol

17 minutes ago, Archied said:

You really need to knock that stuff on the head mate, perhaps some people cope with the situation by being convinced we are down in the same way you cope by being certain we are staying up ,,, personally I feel it’s bloody written we are going down but I would give my right nut to be wrong and stay up ??‍♂️,, 

No you wouldn't!

Least I hope you're not that desperate!

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If we lose, there is no but.  We'll be relegated by virtue of Wendy overtaking us on GD.  Rotherham won't be in the equation.  

We shouldn't fear the Wendies but I can't say I'm looking forward to the game. Just praying we can nick a couple of quick goals and put it to bed early tbh.