Relegation watch

Spanish

33 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Weds will be scrapping for everything, and we’ll be paralysed by fear. We’ll lose. But will Rotherham win?? Their form says no, but it’s football, and it’s been that kinda season...

I'm not sure that they will! They might.

Considering that they cannot do anything about Rotherham's result, their most achievable route to survival will be nicking a win against us.

And, if that comes from scrapping, then I agree with you. But, if another approach would bring them a better chance of nicking a win, then they might go for that too.

I hate the thought of it, but I don't think that it would be impossible for the managers to try to change Derby's (and Sheffield's) tactics mid-game if Rotherham were to go a couple ahead or behind!

25 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Wow yourself. You're the one accusing fans of wanting to see us relegated. How pathetic is that? Most don't want to see Rooney here but I don't see anyone willing us to go down. You seem incapable of distinguishing between the two.

I was chastised for saying something similar immediately after a game. I think it’s how we perceive some comments and especially directly after a defeat when we are all hurting. If we were all sat in a pub we’d be able to show our reaction and not have to rely on how our comments are read. I think I made sense there but I’ve had another bottle ...... 

Just now, SKRam said:

I was chastised for saying something similar immediately after a game. I think it’s how we perceive some comments and especially directly after a defeat when we are all hurting. If we were all sat in a pub we’d be able to show our reaction and not have to rely on how our comments are read. I think I made sense there but I’ve had another bottle ...... 

would have to be a Spoons to fit us all

in though 

27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Of course .

But I would be very sad that I was wrong unlike some who would be delighted to be right 

I am sorry Curtains that is totally uncalled for and out of line. We are all Derby fans that are entitled to their opinion and no fan is more worthy than any other.

5 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I'm not sure that they will! They might.

Considering that they cannot do anything about Rotherham's result, their most achievable route to survival will be nicking a win against us.

And, if that comes from scrapping, then I agree with you. But, if another approach would bring them a better chance of nicking a win, then they might go for that too.

I hate the thought of it, but I don't think that it would be impossible for the managers to try to change Derby's (and Sheffield's) tactics mid-game if Rotherham were to go a couple ahead or behind!

We have tactics?

On Saturday, almost immediately after the defeat to Swansea, I predicted a bottle job for our final game.  I predicted failure.  I predicted relegation.  I predicted shame, humiliation, dejection, and despair.

That was Saturday.  But with 3/7ths of this week now passed, I'm beginning to feel a tiny throb of hope.  Not expectation, just hope. And it really is just a tiny throb, but a throb all the same!

Give it a few more days, and I might just be up for this, after all!  

27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Younger people may look forward to it yes .

Be careful what you wish for .

I think we could go out of business first though

But then all our debts would be written off, and with our large fan base, we would soar like a phoenix to dizzying heights - rams carried aloft in its talons - dripping in blood and straining at every sinew - as we go from the foothills to the mountainous pinnacles that is deserved by the greatest football club in the world! Hurrah!

How brilliant would that be! 

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

But then all our debts would be written off, and with our large fan base, we would soar like a phoenix to dizzying heights - rams carried aloft in its talons - dripping in blood and straining at every sinew - as we go from the foothills to the mountainous pinnacles that is deserved by the greatest football club in the world! Hurrah!

How brilliant would that be! 

Just like Bolton or Bury or etc etc 

11 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

We shouldn't fear the Wendies but I can't say I'm looking forward to the game. Just praying we can nick a couple of quick goals and put it to bed early tbh.

Indeed.  But I was responding to a post that suggested the Rotherham result (at Cardiff) could still influence our destiny*, even in defeat to Wendy.  It won't.

*Unless I misunderstood the post I was referring to?  

30 minutes ago, Archied said:

You really need to knock that stuff on the head mate, perhaps some people cope with the situation by being convinced we are down in the same way you cope by being certain we are staying up ,,, personally I feel it’s bloody written we are going down but I would give my right nut to be wrong and stay up ??‍♂️,, 

Don't do that. You're giving yourself an odds-on chance of losing a baalock. [Feel free to edit the last word if it might be thought likely to offend the ear.]

It's an amazing show of commitment though. Perhaps it could become a regular half-time feature, with fans being prepared to offer up a testical in thanks to the god of balls, after each victory!

I have always had a gut feeling that fans simply do not do enough!

(Maybe the players would like to do the same whenever they lose?)

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Indeed.  But I was responding to a post that suggested the Rotherham result (at Cardiff) could still influence our destiny*, even in defeat to Wendy.  It won't.

*Unless I misunderstood the post I was referring to?  

Actually... reading it again... I now think the post refers to the possibility of Wendies staying up (with a victory over us), and how Rotherham can still influence their destiny, which makes my entire ramblings in this matter moot, null, void, and utterly irrelevant!

Still... that'd be a first for me!  (LEAVE IT!)  ?

2 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Don't do that. You're giving yourself an odds-on chance of losing a baalock. [Feel free to edit the last word if it might be thought likely to offend the ear.]

Not at all.  I never heard a thing!

...My eyes are stinging though!  ?